Page 38 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #371
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your question:1. What do you (me) see is the end perception in the world should the US just abandon its efforts in the ME?

    This implies I have suggest we abandon efforts in the ME, something I have not endorsed. Again, simple as this is, it is a false choice to suggest either we do the reckless or we abandon.
    Oh here we go....Are we even talking now Joe? later on I am sure the sands will shift should you be caught red faced.

    Entirely what? That you don't like the answer? I agree.
    yep, I generally don't like dishonest foolishness.

    Again, no. No one who is serious at all says this. This is more from the idiot class than anyone doing any real thinking. Baucus likely knows his audience.
    So now C-SPAN is lying when they show Baucus in his own words? You didn't even watch it did you?


    Reform. Better access. And if possible at less cost, or at least more value for the money. Remember, our costs have been going up with less and less access and less and less coverage.
    Access being the buzz word. Access is not the real problem. cost is.

    They weren't locked out from day one. Republicans got there when they showed clearly that they would not participate in good faith.
    Ofcourse they were. to participate in good faith you have to be participating with honorable people. that is not today's liberal.

    Do you have me confused with someone else again?
    Nope, you just used HuffPost today.

    Again, that's just false. And while you do stay firm to the nonsense you espouse, as silly as it is, you refuse to move enough to actually consider what is being argued. You misread and misunderstand because you're too blinded by partisan ideaology. Seeing the world as an us versus them proposition prevents you form honestly taking in and considering an argument, so you have to make claims like the one above. Sadly.
    And here we have folks, the old "if you don't lean my way, I will dismiss your argument."

    Your method is exposed and tired Joe, get a new bag.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #372
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh here we go....Are we even talking now Joe? later on I am sure the sands will shift should you be caught red faced.
    Your question was to me? explain.

    yep, I generally don't like dishonest foolishness.
    Then why do you give so much of it? Just asking . . .

    So now C-SPAN is lying when they show Baucus in his own words? You didn't even watch it did you?
    This is when I worry about you. no one said C-span was lying or that Bacus didn't say it. the question is why would you accept it as the gospel? Answer: because you want to believe it.

    BTW, was your answe above dishonest or silly in its complete misunderstanding?


    Access being the buzz word. Access is not the real problem. cost is.
    So, when you decide what word is a buzz word, and attach your own meaning to it, as if everyone univerisally attaches that meaning to it, is that honest?

    Ofcourse they were. to participate in good faith you have to be participating with honorable people. that is not today's liberal.
    There's that partisan ideaology blinding you again. Neither party holds the market on honor or honesty or the high ground in any way. Because you divide the world to us and them, you don't seem to know this.



    Nope, you just used HuffPost today.
    As a link to a video. I use a lot of sources for various reasons. This was just the first with the video that came up. I never use silly sites like the American nonThinker. That would be like using Moveon.org and not realizing how partisan they are.

    And here we have folks, the old "if you don't lean my way, I will dismiss your argument."

    Your method is exposed and tired Joe, get a new bag.

    j-mac

    J, that's what you're doing. I have presented an answer, and insterad of tackling it, you went silly. You still ahven't addressed the answer.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #373
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edinburg Texas
    Last Seen
    10-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    More nonsense from the hypocritical left. Get this fact straight--I don't buy into the leftwing Bull poop that individuals should be sacrificed for the leftwing version of "the greater good"

    I tire of class envy and spite being concealed by this crap that you all want to jack up taxes to "help society". And I am in the top 1% whether you like it or not and I tire of people like you telling me what I can afford and your crap that the obama tax hikes is only going to result in a 2% decrease in my income is not just stupid it is so inaccurate as to brand you incompetent to even discuss this subject
    Yeah, your on the top 1% and here on this forum, I dont think so. Chances are you wish you were in the top 2% making a million dollars a year. Anyway, even if you were, we proved that first off, the Bush Tax Cuts don't work as well as the Clinton Tax cuts when it comes to jobs. Clinton = 23 million in 8 years, Bush = 3 million in 8 years. Sorry, we don't care that your not making that extra 50,000 a year. We all have to pay taxes, and in America, you pay taxes according to your ability to pay. In the 1950's under Eisenhower it was like that, and you conservatives were just fine. So please, quit your complaining.
    "During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution." --James Madison, Father of the Constitution

  4. #374
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edinburg Texas
    Last Seen
    10-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    that's why the party punted?



    we couldn't act on the extension of the bush cuts, which obnoxious obama himself declared must NOT be raised on the middle class in times like these...
    Obnoxious Obama isnt raising taxes on the middle class. He wants to leave the tax cuts for the middle class, and tax the richest top 2% in America. Please, quit spreading lies and get your facts straight.
    "During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution." --James Madison, Father of the Constitution

  5. #375
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edinburg Texas
    Last Seen
    10-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    then why did the party punt?
    if it werent for the republicans scaring the crap out of people and telling them that they are going to be paying more taxes, in effect causing democrats poll numbers to drop, basically telling democrats that the tax break issue is too hot to handle at the moment, we would have had this issue solved already. I didnt say Democrats had a back bone. Democrats have a big tent, and other democrats don't like democrats acting like republicans, in the sense that they have balls. Republicans are aggressive and don't give a crap about passing something. It's their way or the highway. Democrats won't stand for another democrat acting like that. They want something passed, and if they can compromise and get something, versus nothing, they will do it. Its our own folly. Our own weakness is ourselves.
    "During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution." --James Madison, Father of the Constitution

  6. #376
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I tire of class envy and spite being concealed by this crap that you all want to jack up taxes to "help society". And I am in the top 1% whether you like it or not
    Don't be so stingy with your money. Share it with those who really need it. It might even alleviate your stomach pains and let you sleep better these long cold nights.

    ricksfolly

  7. #377
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edinburg Texas
    Last Seen
    10-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    It worked in 2006 and 2008, why not keep on running the same play.
    Maybe because its true. In 2006 we ran on it because Bush took us into Iraq while lying about it. In 2008, he got us into a recession where we were losing 700,000 jobs a month. Something needed to be done and we could have the same old guy, doing the same old crap of cutting taxes for the rich, taking us into a war we didnt belong, his irrisponsiblity causing us to get attacked on 9/11. Not even mentioning how are standing in the world fell considerably because we had such an asshole as Prez. Cowboy Diplomacy never works. You know for all the talk about how Obama is a soft Prez, as I recall, Bush is the one who got attacked less than a year being in office. Obama, no attacks yet. Thank you very much.
    "During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution." --James Madison, Father of the Constitution

  8. #378
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Don't be so stingy with your money. Share it with those who really need it. It might even alleviate your stomach pains and let you sleep better these long cold nights.

    ricksfolly
    Government ≠ Charity

  9. #379
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by jkohn51192 View Post
    Obnoxious Obama isnt raising taxes on the middle class. He wants to leave the tax cuts for the middle class, and tax the richest top 2% in America.
    the president wants...

    LOL!

    then why didn't he?

    because he had to defer so the opposition wouldn't scare crap outta folks, depressing dems' polls?

    regardless of what obnoxious obama wants, the REALITY is that taxes ARE going up on ALL americans by a whopper, beginning in just about 89 days

    campaign on THAT

    see ya in a month

  10. #380
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edinburg Texas
    Last Seen
    10-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes. And what were the circumstances at that time?



    Yep, a war Obama is not intent on winning. You libs are amazing. You hounded Bush for the entire 8 years over war time spending, when during that time this excuse of yours here, would have never flown......



    See here is the big lie. You say that the Bush tax cuts were only for the rich people, then in almost the same breath you talk of extending the tax cuts for the middle class... It really is nothing but class warfare crap.



    Obama has had more deficit spending in his first 20 months than ALL Presidents prior combined!!!!!!


    j-mac

    Let me see if I've got this right.

    Wall Street goes on a drunken binge from 2001 to the crash in 2008. The Street is spurred by the removal of most regulations and by the creation of new financial devices like derivatives and credit default swaps. One hedge fund manager, a derivatives specialist, estimates that about two percent of the Street people who use derivatives really understand them. But no difference. You can use these devices and others like them to roll over deals like sub prime mortgages and sell them to the next customer -- and you take a big bonus as soon as the deals are made. The whole Ponzi-like scheme collapses in 2008. Some 8.5 million jobs are lost in 2008 and 2009 alone and several million people lose their homes. But the feds come to the rescue with a $700 billion payout in 2008, no strings attached. Wall Street recovers and in 2009 is again giving billions in bonuses. Now here's where it gets confusing ... Obama is the one responsible for all the jobs lost?

    Ok, so let me also get something straight, Obama gets out of Iraq(the unjust war), and Obama tries to finish the job responsible( because the last prez fked up and left early) and Obama is still getting hounded by deficit spending? ( We wouldnt have had to do this if Bush would have finished it in the first place)


    Class warfare? So what were the bush tax cuts if they helped the richest 2% of people the most? Was it not class warfare? Borrow another trillion from our grandchildren( me & my children) so that we can give rich people more money? I don't think so.
    "During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution." --James Madison, Father of the Constitution

Page 38 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •