Page 37 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #361
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wow!, just Wow! You really must think that the American people are stupid.


    j-mac
    No, I think you and people like Palin think the public is stupid. You believe you can throw any wild claim out and that no one will ever look to see if it is true.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #362
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    1. Nothing. I'm not and have never said we don't take concern for the ME seriously.
    First off, did I say you did? Um nooooo, I don't think I did Mr. Strawman....

    Our wars have done nothing to protect our interests or make us safer. Especially in Iraq all we did is help our eneimes. It was a stupid and reckless war.
    We are all aware of your dislike of the Iraq war, and your dismay that we actually won it.

    And our interests would have been better served without that reckless war.
    Opinions matter not in this case, the war is over, and we won.

    So you really didn't answer this question at all, no surprise. Care to try again and actually answer the question?

    We know plenty about the bill.
    But you still don't know everything that is in it do you?

    It needs improvement, and a public option would have been a far better help.
    The so called "Public Option" was a lie. A rouse to actual government take over.

    But, we had to have a first step, or we'd have been left with noting yet again.
    So you admit that the current HC plan by demo's was nothing more than incrementalism toward the end of total government control. Thanks.

    Republicans give lip serivce to this issue.
    Republicans are not in total power like the demo's are, what are they supposed to do?

    In all the years they were in power, nothing of substance or actual help was ever passed.
    That sir is a talking point lie. You'll believe anything won't you?

    And j, I don't reguritate, especially from things I never read.
    Sure you do, the evidence of that is in your posting style, and substance.

    And you've shown time and again that you don't like explination for it is too nuanced for you.
    Nuance is an important when explaining something, however it is all too often used by the liberal left as a tool to disseminate information and hide true intent.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #363
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I think you and people like Palin think the public is stupid. You believe you can throw any wild claim out and that no one will ever look to see if it is true.
    And in some wise words I listened to at one time..."All one has to do to understand what your political opponent from the far left is up to, is to listen to what they accuse you of doing....." -Author unknown.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #364
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And in some wise words I listened to at one time..."All one has to do to understand what your political opponent from the far left is up to, is to listen to what they accuse you of doing....." -Author unknown.

    j-mac
    Now we need a definitin of wise for you. Nothing wise has "the left" or the "right" (who ever any of them are) within the statement.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #365
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, you're clearly not too familiar with how those clinics actually work. Some of that care is as bad or worse than having no care. But they cost as well. And we pay. This is important to understand. Even doing nothing means we pay, just less effectively, payong more for less.

    And yes, spending must be cut (an taxes raised selectively). We agree on that. But we should not cut spending that helps. We should cut spending that isn't needed as much. I would much rather pay for health care and stop spending on two needless wars, . .. for example.
    I use the county clinic in my area as I am underemployed in the Obama depression.

    Some of that care is as bad or worse than having no care.
    May we see some proof of your assertion or should we assume your talking out of your backside?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  6. #366
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    First off, did I say you did? Um nooooo, I don't think I did Mr. Strawman....
    No, you're speakg to me, asking me the question and not 'the left," whoever they are. So, I answer you.

    We are all aware of your dislike of the Iraq war, and your dismay that we actually won it.
    Won what? Excessive debt? Thousands of lives lost? Helped our enemy? For what? You have a funny definition of winning. (BTW, referees don't win. Just thought you should know.)



    Opinions matter not in this case, the war is over, and we won.

    So you really didn't answer this question at all, no surprise. Care to try again and actually answer the question?
    More, "I don't liek the answer so I'll complain that it wasn't answered. Try again. What part of the complete answer don't you get?

    But you still don't know everything that is in it do you?
    I'm not too confused on it. No. I might have missed a period here or there, but have a pretty good working understanding of it.


    The so called "Public Option" was a lie. A rouse to actual government take over.
    Say who? The American nonThinker? Beck? Which vile hateful misinformed garbage voice told you that?

    So you admit that the current HC plan by demo's was nothing more than incrementalism toward the end of total government control. Thanks.
    No. That too is your very biased and uninformed world view. It is a first step in reform.

    Republicans are not in total power like the demo's are, what are they supposed to do?
    Participate. But I spoke to when they were in complete control.

    That sir is a talking point lie. You'll believe anything won't you?
    Nope. Truth. No meaningful reform in their tenure. Helping drug companies is not meaningful reform.

    Sure you do, the evidence of that is in your posting style, and substance.
    Says the American nonThinker poster.

    Nuance is an important when explaining something, however it is all too often used by the liberal left as a tool to disseminate information and hide true intent.

    j-mac
    Or, more accurately, something to give you an excuse not to address the actual points, as you do with the answer to first question. Again, it is not a choise or either be reckless and invade these countries or abandon the ME. You ask a question on the assumption of a false choice. When someone tries to point this out and answer your question honestly, which means your false choice isn't going to be treated as valid, you go off on not being answered. that sir is disingenuous.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #367
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Now we need a definitin of wise for you. Nothing wise has "the left" or the "right" (who ever any of them are) within the statement.

    As if you don't know whom they are....Joe, I will only educate you once on this so pay attention. You, are on the political left, while I am on the political right. Got it?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #368
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    As if you don't know whom they are....Joe, I will only educate you once on this so pay attention. You, are on the political left, while I am on the political right. Got it?


    j-mac
    Are you saying you speak all who lean right and I speak for all who lean left, with no disagreement on any issue? That's stupid.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #369
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you're speakg to me, asking me the question and not 'the left," whoever they are. So, I answer you.
    Ok, make it real simple then...you're a teacher of sorts, show me what I said, juxt opposed with your answer and explain how I said what prompted your answer then, would you?

    More, "I don't liek the answer so I'll complain that it wasn't answered. Try again. What part of the complete answer don't you get?
    It's entirety, try again.

    I'm not too confused on it. No. I might have missed a period here or there, but have a pretty good working understanding of it.
    So you admit that Health Care is a wealth redistribution scheme? Baucus says it is....



    Say who? The American nonThinker? Beck? Which vile hateful misinformed garbage voice told you that?

    Says your very own Max Baucus....view the clip.

    No. That too is your very biased and uninformed world view. It is a first step in reform.
    Reform to what? Oh and leave the talking points out of the answer if you can.

    Participate. But I spoke to when they were in complete control.
    How does one participate when you are locked out?

    Nope. Truth. No meaningful reform in their tenure. Helping drug companies is not meaningful reform.
    Rewriting history is not your strong suit.

    Says the American nonThinker poster.
    Says the man that relies on Ariana Huffington.

    Or, more accurately, something to give you an excuse not to address the actual points, as you do with the answer to first question. Again, it is not a choise or either be reckless and invade these countries or abandon the ME. You ask a question on the assumption of a false choice. When someone tries to point this out and answer your question honestly, which means your false choice isn't going to be treated as valid, you go off on not being answered. that sir is disingenuous.
    No, no false choice to it. You use nuance to mask what you say so that when called on it you can weasel out of your own words because to you they really mean nothing. I on the other hand say what I mean, and like a man stand behind them. You should try it sometime.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #370
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, make it real simple then...you're a teacher of sorts, show me what I said, juxt opposed with your answer and explain how I said what prompted your answer then, would you?
    Your question:1. What do you (me) see is the end perception in the world should the US just abandon its efforts in the ME?

    This implies I have suggest we abandon efforts in the ME, something I have not endorsed. Again, simple as this is, it is a false choice to suggest either we do the reckless or we abandon.



    It's entirety, try again
    .

    Entirely what? That you don't like the answer? I agree.

    So you admit that Health Care is a wealth redistribution scheme? Baucus says it is....
    Again, no. No one who is serious at all says this. This is more from the idiot class than anyone doing any real thinking. Baucus likely knows his audience.


    Reform to what? Oh and leave the talking points out of the answer if you can.
    And here we have the 'anything that doesn't pariot j's personal view is a talking point." Gottcha.

    Reform. Better access. And if possible at less cost, or at least more value for the money. Remember, our costs have been going up with less and less access and less and less coverage.

    How does one participate when you are locked out?
    They weren't locked out from day one. Republicans got there when they showed clearly that they would not participate in good faith.

    Rewriting history is not your strong suit.
    That's why I don't do it. There was no meaningful health care reform during the republican temure in office.

    Says the man that relies on Ariana Huffington.
    ?????? Do you have me confused with someone else again?

    No, no false choice to it. You use nuance to mask what you say so that when called on it you can weasel out of your own words because to you they really mean nothing. I on the other hand say what I mean, and like a man stand behind them. You should try it sometime.


    j-mac
    Again, that's just false. And while you do stay firm to the nonsense you espouse, as silly as it is, you refuse to move enough to actually consider what is being argued. You misread and misunderstand because you're too blinded by partisan ideaology. Seeing the world as an us versus them proposition prevents you form honestly taking in and considering an argument, so you have to make claims like the one above. Sadly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 37 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •