Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #291
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I don't agree. The increase in overhead will be marginal at worse. There would be no reason for it to effect anything at all. There will be, just as it has been in the past, no notice effect on employment either way.
    Less liquid, is less liquid, period. If we were in an economic boom, you might be right. But, we're in a period where the reduction in profits, even a small reduction, will have a significant effect on any given business capacity.

    But, hey, don't believe me. When the tax cuts expire and Obamacare kicks in and things don't get better, possibly even get worse, you'll be able to see what I'm telling you.

    BTW, what are you hoping to accomplish, by raising taxes on corporations, anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #292
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Less liquid, is less liquid, period. If we were in an economic boom, you might be right. But, we're in a period where the reduction in profits, even a small reduction, will have a significant effect on any given business capacity.

    But, hey, don't believe me. When the tax cuts expire and Obamacare kicks in and things don't get better, possibly even get worse, you'll be able to see what I'm telling you.

    BTW, what are you hoping to accomplish, by raising taxes on corporations, anyway?
    There is no evidence to support you position that I know of. As to what I think is reason to raise taxes is easy. We have to pay for what we do. It's called fiscal responsibility. I personally think we need to cut spending and raise taxes. But as I said elsewhere, I understand cutting spending and cutting taxes, rasing taxes and raising spending, and cutting spending and raising taxes. What I don't understand is spending more and cutting taxes. That is the most irresponsible action by far oof the four possibities.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #293
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Learn comprehension. A high demand means more profit due to more sales, which means more need for more employees. That has a much large effect on jobs and the economy that taxes ever can. If you take your response on the whole, you're disputing this, which is silly on its face.
    Once more, learn to read.!!! Can't you even see the word from my quote??? I even put it in red for you.

    You can apologize now.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  4. #294
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Once more, learn to read.!!! Can't you even see the word from my quote??? I even put it in red for you.

    You can apologize now.
    I saw, and read it along with the other words in context of what you were responding to. So, no, there is nothing to apologize for.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #295
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There is no evidence to support you position that I know of. As to what I think is reason to raise taxes is easy. We have to pay for what we do. It's called fiscal responsibility. I personally think we need to cut spending and raise taxes. But as I said elsewhere, I understand cutting spending and cutting taxes, rasing taxes and raising spending, and cutting spending and raising taxes. What I don't understand is spending more and cutting taxes. That is the most irresponsible action by far oof the four possibities.
    The obvious solution is to cut spending and leave taxes where they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #296
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I saw, and read it along with the other words in context of what you were responding to. So, no, there is nothing to apologize for.
    You should go argue with a fence post... it would suit your debate style better.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #297
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The obvious solution is to cut spending and leave taxes where they are.
    Your opinion is noted. And it carries about as much weight as mine.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #298
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The obvious solution is to cut spending and leave taxes where they are.
    cut what, exactly? thanks.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #299
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You should go argue with a fence post... it would suit your debate style better.
    If you say so, but I said supply and demand mean more than taxes. You called me ignorant than made some silly statement about demand. In context, you are saying supply and demand are second to taxes. And that's silly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #300
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    cut what, exactly? thanks.
    That's always the question, and where people really start fighting.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •