Page 20 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #191
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    so what? are you actually trying to convince someone that you will change your spending habits with a tax increase? what a joke. i'm in the same range as boo......and i really wouldn't alter my spending habit with a small increase in taxes. and it DOES NOT matter if i'm in FL, an increase is an increase.
    LOL, wrong, an increase in Florida is not the same as an increase in NY or any other state with a state income tax. You are adding a tax to another tax. You don't pay state income taxes in Florida.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You are mistaken. I live in Iowa. You seem to get a lot wrong concerning me.
    Actually that may be the only thing I have wrong about you, you are economically challenged and refuse to address human behavior.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Actually that may be the only thing I have wrong about you, you are economically challenged and refuse to address human behavior.
    No, you've gotten lot wrong, but that is besides the point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #194
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    so what? are you actually trying to convince someone that you will change your spending habits with a tax increase? what a joke. i'm in the same range as boo......and i really wouldn't alter my spending habit with a small increase in taxes. and it DOES NOT matter if i'm in FL, an increase is an increase.
    you aren't going to face a tax hike. If someone has substantial investment income they can see a 275K tax bill going up to well over 400K

    You need to stop talking about your own small tax bill

    are you willing to pay over half your income in state and federal income taxes? if not stop whining



  5. #195
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, wrong, an increase in Florida is not the same as an increase in NY or any other state with a state income tax. You are adding a tax to another tax. You don't pay state income taxes in Florida.
    Yet, according you flordia is not leading in jobs. texas is. BTW, is taxes the only thing different about Texas than all other states, or is this another area where you're leaping to an invalid conclusion because you haven't looked at all variables?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #196
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't know if you do or not, and make no such claim, but progressives taxes are routnie, and if you really do make as much as you say you do, you are probably not hurting much and the taxes have not effected you in any serious way. There is no evidence to support the wealthy are hurting. Even the WSJ article showing some leaving a state shows that they have the ability to leave the state. There's nothing new here, and in the past, such taxes have been much, much higher. What were they under that great socialist Eisenhower? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the highest rate some 90% then compare to something in the 30's today?

    All the whinning just seems silly to me.
    what is silly is someone like you pretending to know what others need or can afford.

    taxes have had higher rates but the effective tax on the top will be higher next year than any other time. and tell me why I should pay a higher percentage on the next dollar I make than you do



  7. #197
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what is silly is someone like you pretending to know what others need or can afford.

    taxes have had higher rates but the effective tax on the top will be higher next year than any other time. and tell me why I should pay a higher percentage on the next dollar I make than you do
    What I have is history and statisical data. The wealthy are not dropping like flies. And no, it will not approach the 90's next year. If and only if Obama lets the tax cuts expire, it will only return to what it was before the Bush tax cuts. That was not in the 90's.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #198
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What I have is history and statisical data. The wealthy are not dropping like flies. And no, it will not approach the 90's next year. If and only if Obama lets the tax cuts expire, it will only return to what it was before the Bush tax cuts. That was not in the 90's.
    you need to start paying at the same rate as I do. You can afford it. If you have a computer, you have enough money to start paying more of your share of the taxes. STop telling others they have to pay massive tax hikes unless you are willing to pay as much as they do.



  9. #199
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What I have is history and statisical data. The wealthy are not dropping like flies. And no, it will not approach the 90's next year. If and only if Obama lets the tax cuts expire, it will only return to what it was before the Bush tax cuts. That was not in the 90's.
    Oh you are lying--I posted an article demonstrating that the taxes next year would be higher than clintons

    and yes the effective rate on the top will be higher next year. the top rate hits over 200K, that 90% tax rate you libs crave for was hitting far far less because of real dollars.



  10. #200
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Oh you are lying--I posted an article demonstrating that the taxes next year would be higher than clintons

    and yes the effective rate on the top will be higher next year. the top rate hits over 200K, that 90% tax rate you libs crave for was hitting far far less because of real dollars.
    I must have missed that. Where was it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 20 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •