Page 19 of 108 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #181
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Maybe Boo is in that group that doesn't pay any Federal Income taxes and that explains his statement. He isn't affected by tax increases because he doesn't pay any Federal Income Taxes?
    No, I pay taxes. I'm in the 90-100,000 tax category. And I have seen no noticable effect to my budget over the years related to taxes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #182
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not much according to actual data. We were functioning quite well back at the old tax rate, and doing quite poorly at the moment with the currant tax cuts. Again, you would be hard pressed to factually support your claim. I can't help that the facts are what they are.
    you pretend that because you don't pay massive tax bills we who do should just accept getting raped. sorry, I don't buy into that socialist nonsense

    the fact is -I pay far too much and I get absolutely nothing in return above and beyond what someone like you gets from the government

    if you aren't willing or able to pay several hundred K in taxes you really are in no position to tell anyone else they ought to



  3. #183
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not much according to actual data. We were functioning quite well back at the old tax rate, and doing quite poorly at the moment with the currant tax cuts. Again, you would be hard pressed to factually support your claim. I can't help that the facts are what they are.
    Right, LOL. There comes a point when the rich get fed up paying for all the services received by people who don't pay any Federal Income taxes. Human behavior is something that you don't seem to understand.

    Millionaires Go Missing - WSJ.com

  4. #184
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I pay taxes. I'm in the 90-100,000 tax category. And I have seen no noticable effect to my budget over the years related to taxes.
    you are claiming you pay 90-100K in income tax or your AGI is 90-100K if its the latter you are a net tax consumer meaning you pay less in income tax than you use in direct government services. 117K I believe is the break point where you start paying more than you use.



  5. #185
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are claiming you pay 90-100K in income tax or your AGI is 90-100K if its the latter you are a net tax consumer meaning you pay less in income tax than you use in direct government services. 117K I believe is the break point where you start paying more than you use.
    If I am not mistaken Boo lives in Florida that has no state income taxes and thus doesn't understand that any rise in Federal Income taxes is on top of state income taxes in most states and definitely changes human behavior. Apparently his lives in a bubble and doesn't understand how the rest of the states operate.

  6. #186
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are claiming you pay 90-100K in income tax or your AGI is 90-100K if its the latter you are a net tax consumer meaning you pay less in income tax than you use in direct government services. 117K I believe is the break point where you start paying more than you use.
    No. I'm claiming that's my yearly income. And what services to you suppose I use?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #187
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. I'm claiming that's my yearly income. And what services to you suppose I use?
    well I pay three times more in federal income taxes alone than what you make. I sure don't use ten times as many federal services as you do. My family, even with sophisticated estate planning has paid millions in estate taxes--what did we get for that?



  8. #188
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well I pay three times more in federal income taxes alone than what you make. I sure don't use ten times as many federal services as you do. My family, even with sophisticated estate planning has paid millions in estate taxes--what did we get for that?
    so what? are you actually trying to convince someone that you will change your spending habits with a tax increase? what a joke. i'm in the same range as boo......and i really wouldn't alter my spending habit with a small increase in taxes. and it DOES NOT matter if i'm in FL, an increase is an increase.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #189
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well I pay three times more in federal income taxes alone than what you make. I sure don't use ten times as many federal services as you do. My family, even with sophisticated estate planning has paid millions in estate taxes--what did we get for that?
    Don't know if you do or not, and make no such claim, but progressives taxes are routnie, and if you really do make as much as you say you do, you are probably not hurting much and the taxes have not effected you in any serious way. There is no evidence to support the wealthy are hurting. Even the WSJ article showing some leaving a state shows that they have the ability to leave the state. There's nothing new here, and in the past, such taxes have been much, much higher. What were they under that great socialist Eisenhower? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the highest rate some 90% then compare to something in the 30's today?

    All the whinning just seems silly to me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #190
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If I am not mistaken Boo lives in Florida that has no state income taxes and thus doesn't understand that any rise in Federal Income taxes is on top of state income taxes in most states and definitely changes human behavior. Apparently his lives in a bubble and doesn't understand how the rest of the states operate.
    You are mistaken. I live in Iowa. You seem to get a lot wrong concerning me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 19 of 108 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •