Page 17 of 108 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #161
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So did tax revenue grow after the TAX rate cuts? how can growing revenue cause deficits?
    Ebing a broken record doesn't help, but you can spend more than revenues grew, and we did. But that isn't in dispute. What you have to prove is not only bthat revenues grew, but that tax cuts were the sole reason. You haven't done that.

    Again, causal relationship error fallacy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #162
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    whether or not tax rate cuts caused the growth in revenue or not isn't the issue, the fact is govt. income tax revenue grew AFTER those rate cuts. You have yet to prove they didn't cause the revenue growth. Keep diverting from reality which you always do.
    You have as yet to proved the tax cuts DID cause revenue growth. Your explanation is a non sequitur and simplistic lacking any serious analysis. You can't just say revenue went up and say the tax cuts was the cause. As has been pointed out population growth is one of the factors, but I'm sure there are many more.

    Please tell us why Bush borrowed $500 billion from China?


  3. #163
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Ebing a broken record doesn't help, but you can spend more than revenues grew, and we did. But that isn't in dispute. What you have to prove is not only bthat revenues grew, but that tax cuts were the sole reason. You haven't done that.

    Again, causal relationship error fallacy.
    You haven't proven that tax cuts didn't create jobs and grow govt. revenue thus your argument is moot. Fact is govt. revenue grew AFTER the tax rate cuts thus cannot cause deficits.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You have as yet to proved the tax cuts DID cause revenue growth. Your explanation is a non sequitur and simplistic lacking any serious analysis. You can't just say revenue went up and say the tax cuts was the cause. As has been pointed out population growth is one of the factors, but I'm sure there are many more.

    Please tell us why Bush borrowed $500 billion from China?
    LOL, Bush borrowed 500 billion from Congress? How much has Obama borrowed in just two years? Borrowing money is required to fund the debt so where are we getting 3 trillion dollars for the Obama debt?

    As for population growth, apparently population only grows during Republican Presidencies since Obama has been in office two years and govt. revenue continues to drop. How can that be?

  5. #165
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You haven't proven that tax cuts didn't create jobs and grow govt. revenue thus your argument is moot. Fact is govt. revenue grew AFTER the tax rate cuts thus cannot cause deficits.
    I have supported that their is no evidence that tax cuts produced jobs. Yes, I have done that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have supported that their is no evidence that tax cuts produced jobs. Yes, I have done that.
    There is evidence that there was job growth after the tax rate cuts, you haven't explained how that happened and how govt. revenue growing causes greater deficits?

  7. #167
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is evidence that there was job growth after the tax rate cuts, you haven't explained how that happened and how govt. revenue growing causes greater deficits?
    Nor have you shown what it means to your thesis now that with tax cuts in place, revenue is down. Nor have you shown that tax cuts are the sole reason for increased revenues. Again, your call here ignores who really ahs the burden. I've done all required to conunter your position.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nor have you shown what it means to your thesis now that with tax cuts in place, revenue is down. Nor have you shown that tax cuts are the sole reason for increased revenues. Again, your call here ignores who really ahs the burden. I've done all required to conunter your position.
    Revenue is down because this Administration continues to destroy jobs thus reducing the number of taxpayers. There are 4 million less taxpayers today than when Obama took office so tell me what affect that has on tax revenue?

    As I pointed out yesterday you don't seem to have a clue as to how to run a business. With potential costs rising for employees why would you hire anyone today instead of waiting for tax policy to be determined?

  9. #169
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Revenue is down because this Administration continues to destroy jobs thus reducing the number of taxpayers. There are 4 million less taxpayers today than when Obama took office so tell me what affect that has on tax revenue?

    As I pointed out yesterday you don't seem to have a clue as to how to run a business. With potential costs rising for employees why would you hire anyone today instead of waiting for tax policy to be determined?
    Ahhh, for reason other than tax cuts. thanks for agreeing with me. This clearly shows your thesis wrong. Tax cuts are not the answer, as other factors decide whether revenue goes up or down. Gald you finally admit this.

    Next.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Ahhh, for reason other than tax cuts. thanks for agreeing with me. This clearly shows your thesis wrong. Tax cuts are not the answer, as other factors decide whether revenue goes up or down. Gald you finally admit this.

    Next.
    There are four components of GDP, figure out what they are and what percentage they contribute to GDP and then tell me that tax policy doesn't matter.

Page 17 of 108 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •