Page 16 of 108 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #151
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I posted bea.gov, bls.gov, and the U.S. Treasury results. Raw data proves that tax revenue grew AFTER both the Reagan and Bush tax RATE cuts. Why I have to explain to you the benefits of YOU keeping more of your own money is beyond me.


    *** 2000*** ***2001*** ***2002*** ***2003*** ***2004*** ***2005*** ***2006*** ***2007*** ***2008*** ***2009***
    ******Current*receipts 3,132.40 3,118.20 2,967.90 3,043.40 3,265.70 3,659.30 3,995.20 4,197.00 4,074.00 3,726.90
    Current*tax*receipts 2,202.80 2,163.70 2,002.10 2,047.90 2,213.20 2,546.80 2,807.40 2,951.20 2,780.30 2,409.30
    ***Personal*current*taxes 1,232.30 1,234.80 1,050.40 1,000.30 1,047.80 1,208.60 1,352.40 1,488.70 1,438.20 1,140.00

    Personal income tax revenue in billions

    Yr
    2003 2047 billion
    2004 2213
    2005 2546
    2006 2807
    2007 2951
    you fail to understand, or deliberaly ignore, that those stats do not prove your point. This has been explained to you in detail before.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    you fail to understand, or deliberaly ignore, that those stats do not prove your point. This has been explained to you in detail before.
    What they prove is that after the tax rate cuts personal income tax revenue went up. You can draw your own conclusion as to why and I have yet to see that conclusion.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What they prove is that after the tax rate cuts personal income tax revenue went up. You can draw your own conclusion as to why and I have yet to see that conclusion.
    Actually, it doesn't really prove that tax cuts were the reason, nor do you stats go back far enough to gage it historically. There's a fallacy called the causal relationship fallacy. You should investigate it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, it doesn't really prove that tax cuts were the reason, nor do you stats go back far enough to gage it historically. There's a fallacy called the causal relationship fallacy. You should investigate it.
    What it shows is that tax revenue went up AFTER the rate cuts. you draw your own conclusions. Regardless of the conclusion explain to me how personal income tax revenue went up AFTER the rate cuts and how growing revenue causes deficits?

  5. #155
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What it shows is that tax revenue went up AFTER the rate cuts. you draw your own conclusions. Regardless of the conclusion explain to me how personal income tax revenue went up AFTER the rate cuts and how growing revenue causes deficits?
    Not really, but even if it did, you can't show that rate cuts was the cause (causal relationship error). And, you don't go back far enough to have a hsitorical view. Your stats simply can't tell you what you think it tells you.

    BTW, how's revenue right now, with tax cuts?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not really, but even if it did, you can't show that rate cuts was the cause (causal relationship error). And, you don't go back far enough to have a hsitorical view. Your stats simply can't tell you what you think it tells you.

    BTW, how's revenue right now, with tax cuts?
    whether or not tax rate cuts caused the growth in revenue or not isn't the issue, the fact is govt. income tax revenue grew AFTER those rate cuts. You have yet to prove they didn't cause the revenue growth. Keep diverting from reality which you always do.

    AS for now, "your" President is preventing job creation by creating uncertainty in the business world. No business is going to invest their own money to employ people not knowing what their costs are going to be after January 1. That is the record Obama supporters have to run on and many are running away from.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    whether or not tax rate cuts caused the growth in revenue or not isn't the issue, the fact is govt. income tax revenue grew AFTER those rate cuts. You have yet to prove they didn't cause the revenue growth. Keep diverting from reality which you always do.

    AS for now, "your" President is preventing job creation by creating uncertainty in the business world. No business is going to invest their own money to employ people not knowing what their costs are going to be after January 1. That is the record Obama supporters have to run on and many are running away from.
    You don't understand how proof works. I don't have to prove they didn't, though I have shown historically there has been no clear effect one way or the other. The burden on is on you show they are the cause. And as revenue has gone down, with the tax cuts in place, how are you going to do that?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #158
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You don't understand how proof works. I don't have to prove they didn't, though I have shown historically there has been no clear effect one way or the other. The burden on is on you show they are the cause. And as revenue has gone down, with the tax cuts in place, how are you going to do that?
    I proved that govt. revenue grew AFTER the tax cuts so you can explain why that happened but refuse to do so.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I proved that govt. revenue grew AFTER the tax cuts so you can explain why that happened but refuse to do so.
    Any number of factors could have effected that in the short time window you provide. Just as other factors explain why were where we are now (this is an explanation btw). What you have to prove is the reason is the tax cuts (again see causal relationship fallacy).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Any number of factors could have effected that in the short time window you provide. Just as other factors explain why were where we are now (this is an explanation btw). What you have to prove is the reason is the tax cuts (again see causal relationship fallacy).
    So did tax revenue grow after the TAX rate cuts? how can growing revenue cause deficits?

Page 16 of 108 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •