Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #131
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    When would be the right time to raise taxes? There is no evidence that not raising them will help jobs. In fact, someone has a link to a study showing that it wouldn't. But not taxing will add to the debt. So, logically, based on this, what should we do? How much do we really care about the deficit?
    Boo, now there you go again equating tax cuts to deficits when the reality is allowing people to keep more of their own money never has been a cost to the govt. Show me that the govt. cares about the deficit and as long as they don't why do you?

    Say Anything Chris Matthews To Obama: Stop Saying That Tax Cuts Represent Giving People Money

    Paul Ryan Schools Chris Matthews on Tax Hikes, Budgets and Economics 101 | NewsBusters.org

  2. #132
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    They are known facts. Are you seriously trying to argue that the population and therefore total revenue doesn't increase every year? Hello....anybody home.

    And do your own research on Reaganonmics. You will see that while Reagan cut taxes in half for the top 1%, he doubled taxes on the middle class.
    That is a lie and obviously the landslide victory in 1984 proves it. You still living in that liberal Disneyland. Tax increases on the Middle Class went into the Middle Class Social Security fund for retirement and the rest of the tax increases are use taxes so if you don't use the services you don't pay the taxes. Having trouble understanding that concept?

  3. #133
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Pelosi and Hoyer split on tax vote before November elections - The Hill's On The Money

    pardon reality's intrusion into this purely "academic" debate

    you can hardly, by the way, read one of these stories, and there are many, probably more than one a day, without encountering the obligatory paragraphs devoted to discussing the party's future after november

    which, pointedly, do NOT include the palsied pelosi as party leader on the cheap carpet

    hoyer (like chuckie schumer upstairs) is making HIS MOVE

    look for nancy to nod out sometime around january

    Dems plan for a future without Pelosi - Richard E. Cohen - POLITICO.com

    the party is in complete disarray

    embarrassed yet?

    back to the books
    Last edited by The Prof; 09-23-10 at 11:31 AM.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Boo, now there you go again equating tax cuts to deficits when the reality is allowing people to keep more of their own money never has been a cost to the govt. Show me that the govt. cares about the deficit and as long as they don't why do you?

    Say Anything Chris Matthews To Obama: Stop Saying That Tax Cuts Represent Giving People Money

    Paul Ryan Schools Chris Matthews on Tax Hikes, Budgets and Economics 101 | NewsBusters.org
    Our discussion is about the deficit. You say your concerned. I am as well. I say we have to cut speanding and raise taxes. You seem to think tax cuts are a magic cure, and there is no evidence to support that. As we are the government, they will care when we really do and not just be against whatever party is in power.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Our discussion is about the deficit. You say your concerned. I am as well. I say we have to cut speanding and raise taxes. You seem to think tax cuts are a magic cure, and there is no evidence to support that. As we are the government, they will care when we really do and not just be against whatever party is in power.
    It's not a magical cure, but it's a sure-fire way to send us back down the crapper again.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's not a magical cure, but it's a sure-fire way to send us back down the crapper again.
    So, with the tax cuts, we went down the crapper, as you say. So your arguing if we keep them, we'll go back down the crapper? not sure I buy that as I don't think the cuts or increases mean anything at all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Our discussion is about the deficit. You say your concerned. I am as well. I say we have to cut speanding and raise taxes. You seem to think tax cuts are a magic cure, and there is no evidence to support that. As we are the government, they will care when we really do and not just be against whatever party is in power.
    Yes, raise taxes on the 47% that don't pay any Federal Income taxes. you just don't understand incentive at all.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, raise taxes on the 47% that don't pay any Federal Income taxes. you just don't understand incentive at all.
    Well, the lower third has a lot more to spend than the upper 1%. Gottcha. But that has nothing to do with our debate. Try addressing what I wrote.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, the lower third has a lot more to spend than the upper 1%. Gottcha. But that has nothing to do with our debate. Try addressing what I wrote.
    Actually those 47% don't care about raising taxes on the other 53%. As I pointed out people making 40-50K per year have a percentage not paying any taxes at all but that doesn't bother you in your world of so called fairness. I have addressed many times what you wrote, spending causes debt not tax cuts.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Actually those 47% don't care about raising taxes on the other 53%. As I pointed out people making 40-50K per year have a percentage not paying any taxes at all but that doesn't bother you in your world of so called fairness. I have addressed many times what you wrote, spending causes debt not tax cuts.
    Of course no is rasing taxes on the 47% 47% of tax payers don't make 250,000 or more. Be accurate please.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •