Page 12 of 108 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #111
    Advisor Teh Internets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    351

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    The Democrats really need to grow a pair of balls. The bottom line is that spending must be cut and taxes must be raised. The deficit is just too big
    Last edited by Teh Internets; 09-19-10 at 04:59 PM.

  2. #112
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Nice double fail there prof:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058992941

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058992945

    Tell me, the US buys 100 F-15s from Boeing. Boeing hires 45 people to build the plans. Have only 45 jobs been created? Let's see if you can answer this intelligently.
    PROF, why are you ignoring this post doesn't exist?

    Maybe because you know you are wrong and too immature to admit it?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #113
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,329

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Internets View Post
    The Democrats really need to grow a pair of balls. The bottom line is that spending must be cut and taxes must be raised. The deficit is just too big
    Actually, if spending were to be cut, to match the revenue income, there wouldn't be a deficit. But, that would make too much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #114
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, if spending were to be cut, to match the revenue income, there wouldn't be a deficit. But, that would make too much sense.
    Of course we can't all live in la la land. Cutting spending to meet current government revenues is not only impossible, but (or because) the result would be catastrophic to our economy and society.

    If you think otherwise, post your budget here.

    Please that think the deficit issues can be solved by only cutting expenses or only by increasing taxes lack a command of the issue.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 09-20-10 at 01:47 AM.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I always love it when people try to post these charts as proof that Trickle down economics works. However, you fail to take into account 2 huge things. First of all, the population and therefore total revenue increases every year as a result of new people in the population. However, ever bigger, you fail to address the fact that while Reagan cut taxes in half for the richest Americans, he doubled taxes on the middle class.
    You failed to take into account one very huge thing.... proof of your allegations. I posted proof, you posted opinions.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #116
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,948

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Its WONDERFUL to see all these democrats in this thread caring about the "Debt" and deficits and fiscal responsability. Absolutely wonderful.

    Now put your money where your mouth is and agree that if the Republicans agree to going along with allowing the Bush Tax Cuts to expire for the top percentile of people that you'll also cut the budget by the same amount of money that we're supposed to "save" a year by not giving those tax cuts.

    I mean, you all care so much about the debt and fiscal responsability, lets see you actually support BOTH sides of fiscal responsability other than simply "take take take".

  7. #117
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Its WONDERFUL to see all these democrats in this thread caring about the "Debt" and deficits and fiscal responsability. Absolutely wonderful.

    Now put your money where your mouth is and agree that if the Republicans agree to going along with allowing the Bush Tax Cuts to expire for the top percentile of people that you'll also cut the budget by the same amount of money that we're supposed to "save" a year by not giving those tax cuts.

    I mean, you all care so much about the debt and fiscal responsability, lets see you actually support BOTH sides of fiscal responsability other than simply "take take take".
    What you propose is not easy, but probably necessary for the long term health of the country. The unfortunate fact is that we cannot afford to help everyone, so I would support cutting services as appropriate.

  8. #118
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Of course we can't all live in la la land. Cutting spending to meet current government revenues is not only impossible, but (or because) the result would be catastrophic to our economy and society.

    If you think otherwise, post your budget here.

    Please that think the deficit issues can be solved by only cutting expenses or only by increasing taxes lack a command of the issue.

    If raising taxes is a necessary evil, which I am not so sure that as a result of Obama's foot loose spending spree of the last 18 months it isn't, then how is it not part of the equation to cut spending at the same time?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #119
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    The "cost" of the tax cuts for the "wealthy" is somewhere around $700 billion over ten years, according to Obama. I've also heard that the "cost" of tax cuts for everyone else is somewhere around $2 trillion over ten years. We (and when I say we, I mean democrats and moderate republicans) were willing to spend $800 billion all at once to bail out actual wealthy people who made bad investments, but we aren't willing to "spend" $70 billion a year to make more capital available to the people who earned said capital.

    Personally, I think Obama's numbers are bogus. Pure class warfare and demagoguery. Yes, that's my opinion.

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    no bottom in sight

    FT.com / US / Economy & Fed - Fed hints it could buy more bonds

    worry

    i mean, seriously---worry

Page 12 of 108 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •