Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 162

Thread: Dems thrilled as tea party win stuns Delaware GOP

  1. #71
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Dems thrilled as tea party win stuns Delaware GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nice spin. The reality is that the Tea Party pretty much ensured the Democrats will keep the Senate. For that I owe them a measure of thanks. Thank you Palin and Tea Party....
    According to Nate Silver, this means that the Reps have a 21% chance of taking the Senate instead of the 26% chance they had yesterday. Not sure what you're basing your argument on, but the numbers disagree.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Dems thrilled as tea party win stuns Delaware GOP

    The tea party's success has made it more likely that voters in Delaware will have a Senator from the democratic party, and have just diminished the Republican Party's chances of taking over the senate.

    2 Insurgents Could Hurt G.O.P. Chances for Senate Takeover - NYTimes.com

    People have to vote their conscience, but they've not only impacted Delaware, they've also impacted the rest of the U.S.

    I find it humorous, personally. Of course, I'll be voting for Charlie Crist, Independent, for Senator. I wonder whether he will reaffiliate with the republican party when he gets elected, or if he'll become a democrat.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 09-15-10 at 04:14 PM.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dems thrilled as tea party win stuns Delaware GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    The tea party's success has made it more likely that voters in Delaware will have a Senator from the democratic party, and have just diminished the Republican Party's chances of taking over the senate.

    2 Insurgents Could Hurt G.O.P. Chances for Senate Takeover - NYTimes.com

    People have to vote their conscience, but they've not only impacted Delaware, they've also impacted the rest of the U.S.

    I find it humorous, personally. Of course, I'll be voting for Charlie Crist, Independent, for Senator. I wonder whether he will reaffiliate with the republican party when he gets elected, or if he'll become a democrat.
    Right now dems are happy, with good reason. And it would be very good for democrats if Plain is the presidential nomination. But it would be bad for the country if a few of these folks won, and worse if Palin won. I would prefer republicans actually fielded a viable alternative.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Dems thrilled as tea party win stuns Delaware GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    According to Nate Silver, this means that the Reps have a 21% chance of taking the Senate instead of the 26% chance they had yesterday. Not sure what you're basing your argument on, but the numbers disagree.
    Dunno where you got the 21% number from, but the 26% number was not with Castle as the nominee, but with Castle as having a 75% chance of being the nominee. If he was nominated, the chances of a GOP takover (according to Nate Silver) would be 30%. Though I admit, the drop of 9% is less than what I would have expected.

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Dems thrilled as tea party win stuns Delaware GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nice spin. The reality is that the Tea Party pretty much ensured the Democrats will keep the Senate. For that I owe them a measure of thanks. Thank you Palin and Tea Party....
    you're welcome

    when you're in opposition, 48 senate seats is pretty much as good as 51 (think about it)

    and...

    48 folks the likes of paul miller, mike buck, pat toomey, marco rubio, rand paul...

    why, that's an entire revolution of SPIN!

    seeya in november, AND BEYOND

  6. #76
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Dems thrilled as tea party win stuns Delaware GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    According to Nate Silver, this means that the Reps have a 21% chance of taking the Senate instead of the 26% chance they had yesterday. Not sure what you're basing your argument on, but the numbers disagree.
    True....it was a longshot before...but this just makes it that much more probable that the Democrats will retain the Senate. That's all I'm saying.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #77
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: Dems thrilled as tea party win stuns Delaware GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I find it humorous, personally. Of course, I'll be voting for Charlie Crist, Independent, for Senator. I wonder whether he will reaffiliate with the republican party when he gets elected, or if he'll become a democrat.
    Shirley, you can't be serious?

  8. #78
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Dems thrilled as tea party win stuns Delaware GOP

    Yeah I don't think Democrats are thrilled that a woman who wrote an editorial called "The Case for Chastity" could hold a seat in the senate.

    I know the article is saying the the DNC is happy that they don't have to fight the GOP in Delaware, but an extreme social conservative like O'Donnell winning a major election would be terrible for the cause of liberalism.
    A working class hero is something to be

  9. #79
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dems thrilled as tea party win stuns Delaware GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Yeah I don't think Democrats are thrilled that a woman who wrote an editorial called "The Case for Chastity" could hold a seat in the senate.

    I know the article is saying the the DNC is happy that they don't have to fight the GOP in Delaware, but an extreme social conservative like O'Donnell winning a major election would be terrible for the cause of liberalism.
    What's that got to do with democrats?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #80
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Dems thrilled as tea party win stuns Delaware GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What's that got to do with democrats?
    That's beautiful
    A working class hero is something to be

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •