Ethical Decision-Making Framework
You should assess the following criteria
to determine whether a specific behavior
or activity is appropriate:
1. Common sense. Generally speaking,
the appropriateness of a practice or
activity should be guided by common
sense and sound business judgment.
2. Public scrutiny. Take the public scrutiny
test: If you wouldn’t want to read about
your action on the front page of your
local newspaper, don’t do it.
3. Company Policy. Does the action
comply with Xerox policies or
4. Core Values. Does it align with our
5. When in doubt, ask! Your manager,
Human Resources and the Ethics Office
and Helpline are available to help you
do the right thing. See the Resources
section for additional information.