Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 232

Thread: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You have credible sources to support everything you've said?
    Well firstly, there has been so study... Its just a fact, try and find a DoD study, it doesn't exist. And since there is no study which makes any conculsion on the relation of homosexuality the military, all statements about how gays will serve has no basis either.

    Now its natural to assume that gays have been in the military since this nation was founded, as gays have existed much longer than that in recorded history. However thats not really important, whats really important is the fact that gays serve today. Now of course we don't know whos gay and whos not gay while they are serving, however we KNOW gays are currently serving in the military because the military is constantly finding and removing them!

    As for the rest, its observational, but I'd be damned if you find an arguement where someone actually says "I can't serve with them" rather than "Someone else can't serve with them"

  2. #72
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    The military will not reinstate any gay service members discharged under the "don't ask, don't tell" policy despite a judge's ruling last week that the policy is unconstitutional, the Pentagon said Monday. Though the ruling gave a boost to gay rights activists trying to overturn the policy via Congress and the courts, a Pentagon spokeswoman said the decision has no bearing on military policy.

    "This ruling has no impact on the current law. The current law is still in effect," spokeswoman Cynthia Smith told FoxNews.com. She said the Justice Department and Defense Department are reviewing the decision, but that nothing will change without congressional action.



    Darn it! No activist judge decisions to become law!

    Damn that Constitution!


    FOXNews.com - Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling
    Is nice to see there is still some sanity in this country...............Let the troops themselves decide on DADT not a bunch of bureaucrats and "Feel Good Liberals" who are clueless about the military and the effect a stupid decision like this will have on morale amd readiness.................
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #73
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You have credible sources to support everything you've said?
    I think he's saying that the lack of sources is his proof.

    So no, he wouldn't have a source to support it, as his whole argument was drawn from (what he said was) the fact that there were no sources.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #74
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you're now saying that you didn't get all excited, since the 9th Circus ruled DADT unconstitutional? Several of us said that this would have zero effect on DADT and you et. al. called us homphobes, ignorant and liars. You seriously don't remember that?
    So what you are saying is when challenged, you once again can not offer any evidence to back up your claim. Got it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Is nice to see there is still some sanity in this country...............Let the troops themselves decide on DADT not a bunch of bureaucrats and "Feel Good Liberals" who are clueless about the military and the effect a stupid decision like this will have on morale amd readiness.................
    Sanity? Letting the troops decide who can join? It's sad to see senility finally taking hold on you.

  6. #76
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Well firstly, there has been so study... Its just a fact, try and find a DoD study, it doesn't exist. And since there is no study which makes any conculsion on the relation of homosexuality the military, all statements about how gays will serve has no basis either.

    Now its natural to assume that gays have been in the military since this nation was founded, as gays have existed much longer than that in recorded history. However thats not really important, whats really important is the fact that gays serve today. Now of course we don't know whos gay and whos not gay while they are serving, however we KNOW gays are currently serving in the military because the military is constantly finding and removing them!

    As for the rest, its observational, but I'd be damned if you find an arguement where someone actually says "I can't serve with them" rather than "Someone else can't serve with them"
    So, you don't have a credible source? IOW, our anecdotal evidence is really the only thing there is to go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you don't have a credible source? IOW, our anecdotal evidence is really the only thing there is to go on.
    The entire basis for my arguement is that there is no source supporting what you say is true regarding gays in the service. I just brought that fact and others to what I consider a logical end.
    So what specifically in my posts do you want a source for?

  8. #78
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    The entire basis for my arguement is that there is no source supporting what you say is true regarding gays in the service. I just brought that fact and others to what I consider a logical end.
    So what specifically in my posts do you want a source for?
    No other source, besides the veterans on this forum, plus the commandant of the Marine Corps. But, we're all just a bunch of bogits and racists. Am I right?

    BTW, looks like the DoD didn't cow-tow to the 9th Circus, as preidcted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    You guys make me glad civilians are in command of the military.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No other source, besides the veterans on this forum, plus the commandant of the Marine Corps. But, we're all just a bunch of bogits and racists. Am I right?

    BTW, looks like the DoD didn't cow-tow to the 9th Circus, as preidcted.
    That would be anecdotal evidence and opinion. And what about the veterans who don't support DADT?

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •