Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 232

Thread: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

  1. #61
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    not that it is , in any way, relevant to this particular topic but that has yet to be proven with any certainty.
    And it never will. You can't prove anything, you can only falsify. And the "born that way" hypothesis is just as credible as any other hypothesis out there at this point.

  2. #62
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    I'm noticing a strange shift in the GOP base. It was Republicans who brought a legal challenge to DADT, a Republican lawyer who lead the challenge of a same sex marriage ban in California, a Republican judge who is struck down a same sex marriage ban in California, a Republican campaign manager who came out as gay and dedicated himself to fighting for same sex marriage, etc.

    If Democrats don't get their act together, then the GOP will be the ones who will claim that they established gay rights in the United States.

  3. #63
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm noticing a strange shift in the GOP base. It was Republicans who brought a legal challenge to DADT, a Republican lawyer who lead the challenge of a same sex marriage ban in California, a Republican judge who is struck down a same sex marriage ban in California, a Republican campaign manager who came out as gay and dedicated himself to fighting for same sex marriage, etc.

    If Democrats don't get their act together, then the GOP will be the ones who will claim that they established gay rights in the United States.
    No, the Dems will still claim it, and most likely get the credit as well.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #64
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    04-04-17 @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    121

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Really, educate yourself...

    United States District Court for the Central District of California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    It's a federal court not a state court. Learn about what you are talking about, it will save you much embarrassment.
    I'm mistaken by the courts, but the violations are still untouched. Care to argue them?
    We the People of the United States,... provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare....
    Where did it ever say, promote for the common defence, and provide the general Welfare..... Please don't mix up the two....

  5. #65
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,398

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Activist judge = one who rules in a way you do not like.

    By the way, no one has claimed to my knowledge that this meant an immediate change or was the end of any process. Nice try though.
    Well, actually, that's exactly what ya'll claimed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #66
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, actually, that's exactly what ya'll claimed.
    You can of course show where I or any one else claim that. Start with where I claim it, then move on. Or are you going to duck and run from proving your claims again?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #67
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,398

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You can of course show where I or any one else claim that. Start with where I claim it, then move on. Or are you going to duck and run from proving your claims again?
    So, you're now saying that you didn't get all excited, since the 9th Circus ruled DADT unconstitutional? Several of us said that this would have zero effect on DADT and you et. al. called us homphobes, ignorant and liars. You seriously don't remember that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #68
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    you can only falsify.
    yep, when you have no actual leg to stand on, resort to baseless accusations. not very critical and definitely lacking in thought
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Why do we look at the facts:
    1) There's no study which looks at how a homosexual person interacts with his hetrosexual counterparts in combat or any military setting.
    2) All statements that allowing gays to serve openly will harm combat effectiveness is only assumption because there is no study
    3) Gays have been serving in the US military throughout its history.

    So we have two models, a military with gay servicemen and a military without them. The latter has never existed in history. So its reasonable to say after 200+ years of gays in the military, that they have no negative affect on the military as a whole.

    The issue isn't whether gays can serve, its whether they can serve openly which hasn't happened yet. So lets look at that, everyone who says DADT should remain in place does so by talking about how it'll hurt combat effectiveness and unit cohesion. However all these arguements are based on their assumption of someone ELSE'S reaction. No one is going to say, "I can't/won't work with a gay person" because it makes them look, correctly, like a bigot.

    So here's what I need to even consider supporting DADT, a large group of servicemen and former servicemen saying "I cannot or will not work with a homosexual individual because of their lifestyle." Until them all I've seen in hundreds of pages of these arguments from this topic and others is assumptions on other people's reactions.

  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,398

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Why do we look at the facts:
    1) There's no study which looks at how a homosexual person interacts with his hetrosexual counterparts in combat or any military setting.
    2) All statements that allowing gays to serve openly will harm combat effectiveness is only assumption because there is no study
    3) Gays have been serving in the US military throughout its history.

    So we have two models, a military with gay servicemen and a military without them. The latter has never existed in history. So its reasonable to say after 200+ years of gays in the military, that they have no negative affect on the military as a whole.

    The issue isn't whether gays can serve, its whether they can serve openly which hasn't happened yet. So lets look at that, everyone who says DADT should remain in place does so by talking about how it'll hurt combat effectiveness and unit cohesion. However all these arguements are based on their assumption of someone ELSE'S reaction. No one is going to say, "I can't/won't work with a gay person" because it makes them look, correctly, like a bigot.

    So here's what I need to even consider supporting DADT, a large group of servicemen and former servicemen saying "I cannot or will not work with a homosexual individual because of their lifestyle." Until them all I've seen in hundreds of pages of these arguments from this topic and others is assumptions on other people's reactions.
    You have credible sources to support everything you've said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •