Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 232

Thread: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

  1. #11
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yep just like the Army can set barriers that only whites can serve.......oh wait it can't. There are restrictions, the Army just isn't able to do whatever it wants as you think it can.
    Race and choosing who you want to have sex with is not the same thing.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Race and choosing who you want to have sex with is not the same thing.
    Says you, Michael Jackson proved you can turn white if you want to be.

  3. #13
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Says you, Michael Jackson proved you can turn white if you want to be.
    Regardless of the cosmetic surgery if you can call it that, Michael Jackson was still a black man, just a black man who ****ed him self up to pretend to be white.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #14
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yep just like the Army can set barriers that only whites can serve.......oh wait it can't. There are restrictions, the Army just isn't able to do whatever it wants as you think it can.
    Then how can they keep the policy?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Nope. Activst judge is one who sets out to supercede the law and the Constitution.
    Good thing that did not happen this time. Since you seem to think it did, you can of course point out where in the ruling it was "activist".

    Check out the other thread. Many claimed this judge's decesion would force the military to bow to her will.
    I read the entire thread, and I don't remember a single person claiming that this single ruling will end DADT. Perhaps you can point it out.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    the Congress is free to set whatever entry barriers it wishes for military service. flat feet and athsma, for example.

    what makes it unconstitutional?
    Those are not arbitrary barriers, those are health barriers that potentially make some one unfit for service. Banning gays, or DADT is arbitrary.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    I disagree with the DADT policy but until the SCOTUS rules its use as unconstitutional it technically is constitutional. The 9th Circuit shouldn't bother with stuff thats beyond its authority, its just a waste of time and tax payer dollars.

  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I disagree with the DADT policy but until the SCOTUS rules its use as unconstitutional it technically is constitutional. The 9th Circuit shouldn't bother with stuff thats beyond its authority, its just a waste of time and tax payer dollars.
    It's part of the process. The case does not go strait to SCOTUS, it has to go through the court system first. The 9th court did exactly what it is supposed to do, hear a challenge to a federal law. The repeated claims that the 9th does not have jurisdiction are hilarious but false.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #19
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's part of the process. The case does not go strait to SCOTUS, it has to go through the court system first. The 9th court did exactly what it is supposed to do, hear a challenge to a federal law. The repeated claims that the 9th does not have jurisdiction are hilarious but false.
    they can rule all they want. until someone amends the UCMJ gays will have a hard time serving in the military. see UCMJ Article 125 - sodomy

    gays can serve, they just can't have gay sex.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    they can rule all they want. until someone amends the UCMJ gays will have a hard time serving in the military. see UCMJ Article 125 - sodomy

    gays can serve, they just can't have gay sex.
    OK, you are new, so I will take it easy on you and explain this politely. Being gay is not an action. Being gay does not require sodomy. A large portion of gay people never engage in sodomy. Sodomy laws, if uniformly applied between straits and gays would be a total nonissue for gays. Don't suck a dick on base, you are probably fine. Article 125 has jack and **** to do with DADT. It's a complete and total red herring. A tiny percent of those discharged for DADT are charged with a violation of article 125.

    Do you get the impression that article 125 is a bad argument? Good, because it is.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •