Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 232

Thread: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

  1. #131
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    One can disagree with homosexuals and feel that homosexuality is wrong without thinking that homosexuals are not entitled to equal rights.

    that is the point most gay supporters miss when they label anyone who is against homosexuality as a bigot.

    hell i think eating boiled okra is nasty and disgusting, but i fully support anyone's right to eat it.
    True...however most people do not believe the way you do. Most of the anti-gay folk are completely for banning them from sharing in the same rights/privileges as everyone else. It is THAT that makes them bigots.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #132
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No other source, besides the veterans on this forum, plus the commandant of the Marine Corps. But, we're all just a bunch of bogits and racists. Am I right?

    BTW, looks like the DoD didn't cow-tow to the 9th Circus, as preidcted.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    1) I never said that all the vets on this forum agree with me.

    2) Show me the quotes that prove that MOST vets on this forum say that abolishing DADT will work.

    Thanks in advance.
    So what we have is you claiming to speak for veterans, when you don't, then do the same thing to me you falsely accused me of doing, so I never used the word "most". I said "many". I think you will agree that those words have significant;y different meaning. Double fail there, very impressive.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #133
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You don't even have you own party on board....There are a lot of dems against lifting the ban also........
    Again, the largest portion of opposition is based on the timing, not the actual repeal. Those opposed who have expressed an opinion are mostly waiting for the DoD/Pentagon report early next year. I even agree with them, it should wait on that report.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #134
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,259

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So what we have is you claiming to speak for veterans, when you don't, then do the same thing to me you falsely accused me of doing, so I never used the word "most". I said "many". I think you will agree that those words have significant;y different meaning. Double fail there, very impressive.
    You don't, "speak for veterans", when you say that most vets agree with you?? You're clearly wrong, in saying that vet do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #135
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You don't, "speak for veterans", when you say that most vets agree with you?? You're clearly wrong, in saying that vet do so.
    Are you still confused by the word "many"? It does not mean "most". I specifically said "many". Here, let me show you:

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The veterans on this forum don't all agree with you. Speak for yourself, as many of the vets here think not only is DADT repeal coming, but that it will work.
    Note the bolded word. It's not "most". I did not claim "most". The word "many" is not a synonym of the word "most". They have entirely different meanings. I am clearly right in saying many.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #136
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,259

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Are you still confused by the word "many"? It does not mean "most". I specifically said "many". Here, let me show you:



    Note the bolded word. It's not "most". I did not claim "most". The word "many" is not a synonym of the word "most". They have entirely different meanings. I am clearly right in saying many.
    You're wrong when you say that many vets on this forum are in your corner. They're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're wrong when you say that many vets on this forum are in your corner. They're not.
    People have different definitions of what constitutes "many". Given the size of this forum and the number of veterans on this board, what round about number would constitute "many" to you?

  8. #138
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    True...however most people do not believe the way you do. Most of the anti-gay folk are completely for banning them from sharing in the same rights/privileges as everyone else..

    What rights/priviliges are gays denied that everyone else has?

  9. #139
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post

    What rights/priviliges are gays denied that everyone else has?
    I don't want this to get stupid again, but homosexuals cannot marry the adult human not relative they love and are attracted to. Heterosexuals can. That means there is a separate standard. Don't even try to argue they can marry someone they don't love and are not attracted to because that's just stupid and disingenuous as an argument.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #140
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't want this to get stupid again, but homosexuals cannot marry the adult human not relative they love and are attracted to. Heterosexuals can.
    Neither homosexuals nor heterosexuals can marry someone of the same gender.
    Both homosexuals and heterosexuals can marry somene of the opposite gender.
    Everyone has the same privilege; everyone has the same limitation.
    Where's the discrimination?

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •