Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 232

Thread: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

  1. #121
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,143

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Stop the personal attacks Disney. Navy has never said he hates gays. That is your false charge just because he doesn't agree with you.
    Its not a personal attack and I never said that Navy admitted that he does. His constant anti-gay attacks though tell a different story.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #122
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,143

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Is it simply impossible for you and a few others to understand that being against homosexuals on an issue doesn't make you a bigot, homophobe, etc? Is that even possible for you to understand?
    If it looks like a duck, smell like a duck and sounds like a duck.....guess what.....its a duck.

    That's no different than saying...."Just because I don't believe that Blacks are entitled to the same rights and privileges as the rest of us....doesn't make me a racist or a bigot".

    Guess what.......it does.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #123
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,982

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    I support the repeal of DADT, but I am also against gay marriage. Am I a homosexual bigot?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #124
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    If it looks like a duck, smell like a duck and sounds like a duck.....guess what.....its a duck.

    That's no different than saying...."Just because I don't believe that Blacks are entitled to the same rights and privileges as the rest of us....doesn't make me a racist or a bigot".

    Guess what.......it does.
    Well, actually, it would depend on the issue.

    If, for example, texmaster was opposed to a federally funded road construction project in Arizona.

    And, for some reason, the entire "gay community" (the "official" one, that is) supported it.

    Would that make him a "bigot, homophobe, etc?"

    Nope.

    ----------------------

    On the other hand, if texmaster supported a law requiring catching any known gay person and placing them in a cage hanging from a bridge (yes, I pulled that one out of my ass).

    And for some reason (yeah, right), the entire "gay community" (probably not just the "official one") opposed it, then yes, he would be a bigot/homophobe, among other things.

    -------------------

    So, what is the issue he disagrees with homosexuals on, in this case?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #125
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,143

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I support the repeal of DADT, but I am also against gay marriage. Am I a homosexual bigot?
    If you believe that you are entitled to rights/privileges that others are not....then the answer would be yes.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #126
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,143

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Well, actually, it would depend on the issue.

    If, for example, texmaster was opposed to a federally funded road construction project in Arizona.

    And, for some reason, the entire "gay community" (the "official" one, that is) supported it.

    Would that make him a "bigot, homophobe, etc?"

    Nope.

    ----------------------

    On the other hand, if texmaster supported a law requiring catching any known gay person and placing them in a cage hanging from a bridge (yes, I pulled that one out of my ass).

    And for some reason (yeah, right), the entire "gay community" (probably not just the "official one") opposed it, then yes, he would be a bigot/homophobe, among other things.

    -------------------

    So, what is the issue he disagrees with homosexuals on, in this case?
    That's a real sttttttttttttttrecccccccccccccccht
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #127
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That's a real sttttttttttttttrecccccccccccccccht
    Why?

    *10 characters*
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #128
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    One can disagree with homosexuals and feel that homosexuality is wrong without thinking that homosexuals are not entitled to equal rights.

    that is the point most gay supporters miss when they label anyone who is against homosexuality as a bigot.

    hell i think eating boiled okra is nasty and disgusting, but i fully support anyone's right to eat it.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    One can disagree with homosexuals and feel that homosexuality is wrong without thinking that homosexuals are not entitled to equal rights.

    that is the point most gay supporters miss when they label anyone who is against homosexuality as a bigot.

    hell i think eating boiled okra is nasty and disgusting, but i fully support anyone's right to eat it.
    So you think homosexual marriages should be recognized by the state then right?

  10. #130
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,143

    Re: Pentagon: No Plans to Change 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy After Court Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Why?

    *10 characters*
    Because we aren't talking about such off the wall topics as whether Blacks support banning electrocution of pigs by pork farmers...or gays supporting road construction......
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •