Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 158

Thread: Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

  1. #21
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Can you prove that statement?

    EDIT: I found this interesting Europol Report: All Terrorists are Muslims...Except the 99.6% that Aren't | loonwatch.com
    From the link you posted:
    I used official FBI records to show that only 6% of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1980 to 2005 were carried out by Islamic extremists.
    Not this is in the U.S. not most terrorism. We hear it in the damn news almost every day that a new terrorist attack has been carried out in Iraq, or Russia, or the U.S.Marine barracks, in Afghanistan, or Germany, or the subway in England, or the streets of France.

    If you don't know this you have serious problems and just want to argue. To pick and choose the figures you want to quote is like looking at a picture through a straw, you don't get the whole picture.
    Last edited by Councilman; 09-13-10 at 07:23 AM.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    From the link you posted:

    Not this is in the U.S. not most terrorism. We hear it in the damn news almost every day that a new terrorist attack has been carried out in Iraq, or Russia, or the U.S.Marine barracks, in Afghanistan, or Germany, or the subway in England, or the streets of France.

    If you don't know this you have serious problems and just want to argue. To pick and choose the figures you want to quote is like looking at a picture through a straw, you don't get the whole picture.
    What you say is true, that report only talks about terrorist attacks inside the US. However you still have to prove your statement that most terrorists are Muslims.

  3. #23
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,894
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    From the link you posted:

    Not this is in the U.S. not most terrorism. We hear it in the damn news almost every day that a new terrorist attack has been carried out in Iraq, or Russia, or the U.S.Marine barracks, in Afghanistan, or Germany, or the subway in England, or the streets of France.

    If you don't know this you have serious problems and just want to argue. To pick and choose the figures you want to quote is like looking at a picture through a straw, you don't get the whole picture.
    Perhaps you should have read the next paragraph, from the link I posted.

    But what about across the pond? The data gathered by Europol strengthens my argument even further. (hat tip: Koppe) Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. On their official website, you can access the reports from 2007, 2008, and 2009. (If anyone can find the reports from earlier than that, please let me know so we can include those as well.)

    The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2007 to 2009 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.
    The FBI figures are for America, the rest of the data is from Europol, about Europe


    And read this, the Europol info for 2010, out of the 294 terrorist attacks carried out in Europe this year, only one was done in the name of Islam.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Perhaps you should have read the next paragraph, from the link I posted.



    The FBI figures are for America, the rest of the data is from Europol, about Europe


    And read this, the Europol info for 2010, out of the 294 terrorist attacks carried out in Europe this year, only one was done in the name of Islam.
    Hahaha, those pesky little facts.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

    However, whilst most Muslims aren't stupid enough to want to use the bomb and bullet themselves in the cause of the likes of Al Quaida, far too many nevertheless agree with the policy:

    Muslim Publics Oppose Al Qaeda's Terrorism, But Agree With Its Goal of Driving US Forces Out - World Public Opinion

    Quarter of British Muslims 'support July 7 bombings' - Evening Mail | HighBeam Research - FREE trial

    BBC NEWS | UK | UK Muslims split on Taliban fight





    Muslim police say Islam not to blame for terror attacks - Telegraph - Some people also say that Europe took the second world war to Hitler!



    Though to scramble about for some upside, at least someone has some taste and good manners:

    "It's a sad day for us as Americans and it's a sad day for us a nation and we don't feel it would be right to celebrate on the anniversary of 9/11," said Abdou Kattih, vice president of the center's board of directors.
    American Muslims nervous about Ramadan's end coinciding with 9/11 – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

    Well looking at your only two real sources, since when does it make you a terrorist if you don't think the US or the UK should be militarily involved in Afghanistan? Or does it make you a terrorist when as a police officer you believe the anti-terrorism policy is ineffective?

    Terrorism is an ACTION not a belief.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

    Nothing in isolation. Yet we (USA with British backup) ended up deposing the Talban and allowing ordinary Muslims to live more freely. It's only the famed US inability to actually run an occupation government which ensured the temporary shack hasn't held too well.

    And I suppose, also, the Iraqis preferred Saddam as we get trouble there too. (Some actually say so). The Middle East is a terrorist cauldron and it gets even worse. In the light of that it seems very telling that illegal gangster warfare is advocated to get the Allies out, though most would want to let someone else do the dirty work. But at least that's better than advocating the murder of civilians, though I suspect even then a good many may only fear getting the same back. (Muslims believe more rigidly in their book's 'eye for an eye' verse than the Christian West does.)

    And my fear is that given Islam is a fundamentalist religion, with the last great jihad into Europe halted at Vienna 300 years or so ago, a resurgence in a more generalised view of warring against the infidel will rise further. The West, of course, is more of a battlezone in that than the more straightforward dustbowls of Afghanistan.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    132

    Re: Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Here is a Link. Fox to the rescue: http://http://www.foxnews.com/world/...esias-capital/

    Say it isn't so and this is the So-called Religion of peace? And they did what?
    Indonesia has the largest Muslim country by population, home to 15.6% of the world's Muslims with more than with over 683 million of the Cult members.
    Thanks for the link. Agreed that true believers of Islam should put a stop to this stuff just like true believers of Christ should do the same when acts of violence are perpetuated against non-Christians by so-called "Christians".

    BTW, calling a billion Muslims members of a cult is to misuse the term as an insult.

  9. #29
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So why do Muslims in some unified voice that no religion possess every time one of them does something crazy. Where were all your demands for the Christian voice and Christians to stand up and denounce all the acts against Muslims like that Mosque burning or that Taxi driver? I agree its deplorable and those responsible should be brought to justice.

    You can have a standard, just not two of them.

    Did you know all the 9/11 hijackers were male? Where is the outrage from the male community letting the world know that the actions of those 19 males don't reflect on all males? Of course there's none not only because there is no "male global voice" but there's also no reason to assume that all men are terrorists simply because 19 were. Its just as ridiculous to put down an entire religion for the actions of a few as it is to put down an entire religion.
    Unless that religion, isn't Islam, then it's ok.

    So cut with this "Ooo look at this religion of peace." Or "Muslim outrage meter" bull****, its ignorant, stupid, and doesn't contribute to any solutions. In fact it creates more problems.
    How so? We're creating more terrorists, by not kissing Islam's ass?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #30
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

    As a reply to the original post...
    "And these people have been terrorizing Christians for months with the police turning the other cheek. "

    It's people like you who claim "OUTRAGE!" when an American citizen owns his own land and gets legally approved by the city to build a community center.
    It's people like you who ignore Westboro Church (no one is so outraged about their place of worship - they are white)

    And most recently, it's people like you who ARE NOT outraged by "pastors" who want to burn Qurans.

    If this NYC mosque was burning bibles - I could see some backlash. Some signs of insensitivity. But thats not the case.
    Such a double standard, no?

    In summary - Its insensitive for a Muslim to build a community center 3 blocks from ground zero. They should not built it! However, that white guy has a constitutional right to teach hate through the guise of a church. How come no one is telling him off, or is in an outrage.

    I have a point -
    "Within a few days, Muslims, as well as individuals mistakenly perceived to be Muslims, were attacked. The Sikh owner of a gas station in Mesa, Arizona, was killed by a man who went on to shoot a Lebanese clerk at another gas station.

    Near Dallas, Texas, a man shot and killed a 46-year old Pakistani who owned a small grocery store. In Cleveland, Ohio, a man drove a Ford Mustang right through an Islamic center." - Source (Bush was right: We're not at war with Islam - CNN.com)

    These double standards are disgusting and people who post stuff in breaking news like 'this one time this nice person got beat up by Muslims' are making me angry.
    Last edited by JakeFromWI; 09-13-10 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Typos - its early!
    and so it goes...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •