Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 134

Thread: Springfield Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You know what? Forget it. You, and people like you, are the reason we lost the War on Terror on September 11th, 2001. You surrendered to fear and hatred, blaming more than a billion people for the actions of a few. You've never done that with any other group. I hope your happy about continuing the cycle of violence and hate.
    LOL!!

    Condemning those who kill homosexuals, murder their daughters, commit international terrorism against many thousands of innocent people. etc., are now being branded as having "hatred". If a group I belonged to was committing these atrocities I'd quit. If i didn't quit it would mean, at a minimum, that I was offering my tacit support.

    I suppose you can include me in that lot also because I only want to live in peace with my neighbors, and believe that every person should enjoy security and personal freedom. That makes me a hater also, huh?

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by damianvincent View Post
    Facts are the facts, the Muslim community needs to stand up to this barbarity, I do not see it, in fact they celebrate it. We've given them the opportunity to shed the chains of the dictators in their region, and hopfully they choose a path of economic moderization, which hopfully will lead to political moderation, as the needs of career and family take over the will for jihad.
    You don't see it because you choose not to see it. Go read Tahir al-Qadri's Fatwa on Terrorism. It's 600 pages long and is a complete refutation of terrorism. However, we all know you won't read it because your opinion on the matter will never change. You are forever stuck in your pathetic bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by damianvincent View Post
    However Islam stands a good chance of ruining those prospects. The Taliban, Al Qeada, groups that threaten to take control with the peoples support.
    Mind showing me what "peoples" these are that support Al-Qaeda?
    Quote Originally Posted by damianvincent View Post
    It's hard not to see Islam as the problem.
    It is for those with common sense.

  3. #113
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by damianvincent View Post
    Facts are the facts, the Muslim community needs to stand up to this barbarity, I do not see it, in fact they celebrate it. We've given them the opportunity to shed the chains of the dictators in their region, and hopfully they choose a path of economic moderization, which hopfully will lead to political moderation, as the needs of career and family take over the will for jihad.

    However Islam stands a good chance of ruining those prospects. The Taliban, Al Qeada, groups that threaten to take control with the peoples support.

    It's hard not to see Islam as the problem.
    Why have you not "stood up" against the barbarity of the KKK? Christian priests molesting children? I haven't seen Americans in the streets protesting that!

    You see people celebrating attacks on America. They see Americans burning Qurans. A muslim sitting in his home shaking his head and cursing the evildoers who crashed a plane into a building doesn't make the news, but he's in the vast majority. Besides, there are some legitimate reasons to hate America if you live over there. It's not like the Quran says "DEATH TO AMERICA" in it. We, and by we I mean the entire western world, have this irritating tendency to drop bombs on their cities. That annoys some people, go figure. If Canada dropped a bomb in Detroit, is there any justification you could think of that would make you be ok with it?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #114

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    They say he did.

    Evidence for this? And not some out of context quotation. I want to see legit evidence that Muhammad instructed every Muslim to kill Jews.
    You're not satisfied with quotes from the Koran then?

    What sort of evidence would you accept?

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You know what? Forget it. You, and people like you, are the reason we lost the War on Terror on September 11th, 2001. You surrendered to fear and hatred, blaming more than a billion people for the actions of a few. You've never done that with any other group. I hope you're happy about continuing the cycle of violence and hate.
    Brilliant!! Well said.

    Some Americans aren't happy unless they have a boogeyman.

    I guess all cultures and tribes create 'the other', the enemy or monster to be feared. It unites them in many ways.

    The point that R_of_P and others are completely missing is that we should be united behind principles and values that uplift our national character, not this ugliness that drags us down to their level.

  7. #117

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post

    The point that R_of_P and others are completely missing is that we should be united behind principles and values that uplift our national character, not this ugliness that drags us down to their level.
    Drags us down to Islamic levels?

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Right, because yelling at someone who doesn't agree with you, as if the problem is that they can't hear you, is just so brilliant.
    So you're NOT deaf, just truculent! I see...



    YOUR OWN WORDS.
    My question is the evidence for your statement?! I think you've been put here as a dupe haven't you!



    Right, which is anecdotal evidence, like I've been saying . . . and saying . . . and saying . . .
    Yes, you say... and say... and say... nothing. Words alright, fashioned (just about) from our English language, but as empty or cliched as the lyrics of anything Boyzone ever released.

    Maybe if you took a piece of what I've written, presented it as evidence of a flawed argument... WITH REASON WHY AND EVIDENCE TO RE-ENFORCE... we can actually converse in an intelligent and constructive manner, rather than just trolling each other.

    That's cool, but it does age after a while.




    There is no one code of Sharia law.
    But the atrocities committed under it are common in the places these Muslims were interviewed. Their Sharia IS Sharia.




    You mean your own words? Or the fact that there's no one Sharia law?..........
    Let's make up an example to make it all nice and big and clear. We can have the playschool-type primary colours splashed about as well if it helps.

    I may claim that Champagne and Burgundy wine come all the way from Spain.

    You say 'No, it comes from France. And I have a website to prove it, which is here...'


    'Hmmm', I say, exploring the website from an established French vinyard magazine. 'Looks like he's right after all'.

    And everybody lives happily ever after.
    Last edited by Republic_Of_Public; 09-11-10 at 06:54 PM.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You're not satisfied with quotes from the Koran then?
    Not unless they are put in context (year of revelation, city of revelation, entire surah).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What sort of evidence would you accept?
    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez
    I want to see legit evidence that Muhammad instructed every Muslim to kill Jews.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •