Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 134

Thread: Springfield Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    How about the fact the not every Muslim is a terrorist, no matter what asinine thing you believe. How about the fact millions of Muslims are not part of Al-Qaeda or other militant Islamic group. Since the vast majority of Muslims reject Al-Qaeda ideology, it would moronic to assume that those same Muslims actually adhere to that ideology (like you suggest with that inane Kool-Aid comparison).
    You've made several claims here which are unsupported by any evidence. They're just your opinion.

    If the "vast majority" of Muslims are against terrorism, and that would be hundreds of millions, where are they? How do you manage to keep hundreds of millions of them silent?

    Have you seen or heard millions of Muslims condemning the 9/11 victory mosque so as not to offend the "vast majority" of the American people?

    I haven't even heard one.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    You surrendered to fear and hatred, blaming more than a billion people for the actions of a few.
    No no no no NO!

    As I said above, it's the RELIGION and it's FIRED-UP MANIACS I'm after. Good, peaceful people are OUT of line of my torpedo tubes!

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by damianvincent View Post
    It's far more than just 9/11, death penalty for gays, chopping off arms, stoning woman to death, legal rape of woman, I can go on and on, but these are all normal parts of Islamic nations, pretending just a few bad apples is the problem is niave.
    Many Christian militant groups in Africa kill homosexuals, rape women, hack people to death, etc. Can I associate those people with others who do not act like them one bit merely because they share the same religion? Because that's what you're doing, and it's a logical fallacy. I know the Texas education system is horrible (I mean you actually think you're a Libertarian), but this what you are engaging in:

    Association fallacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Once you don't engage in fallacious reasoning, you might construct an argument that is not inherently flawed.

  4. #104
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    Right, I'm going o reply in big shouty letters, as it seems you seem rather deaf to my pleas for evidence to back up your 'holohoaxing'!
    Right, because yelling at someone who doesn't agree with you, as if the problem is that they can't hear you, is just so brilliant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    AND YOUR EVIDENCE FOR THAT IS.........
    ::drum roll::

    YOUR OWN WORDS.

    ::rimshot::

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    YOU asking evidence of ME? Despite the wide range or articles, interviews and documentaries and such which I've linked-to across the months and this topic, which you can't be bothered to read?

    You're askin' for someone to smack you on the legs boy!
    Oh yes, please, because of course violence is the solution when you're not getting your way. RoP Ackbar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    AAAAAGH! For God's sake liberal!


    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    These Muslims interviewed said they wanted their fascist Sharia dictatorship IMPOSED! Got that, IMPOSED!
    Right, which is anecdotal evidence, like I've been saying . . . and saying . . . and saying . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    And what's more, across the Muslim world, Sharia incorporates stoning, amputation, lashing and honour killing. Sex outside marriage, stealing trinkets, naming teddy bears Muhammad or drinking whisky are some of the 'crimes' commonly punished with these methods and advocated by Muslims living under those variables.

    Islam: Governing Under Sharia - Council on Foreign Relations
    There is no one code of Sharia law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    AND WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE I'M WRONG?!
    You mean your own words? Or the fact that there's no one Sharia law? Or the fact that you keep bringing up ancedotal evidence as your mainstay? Or the fact that the actual source for the survey that other fellow quoted returns a 404?

    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Many Christian militant groups in Africa kill homosexuals, rape women, hack people to death, etc.

    Did JESUS order their murder?

    NO?

    Did Muhammad order the killing of Jews for example?

    YEP!


    Anyone can commit atrocities saying 'God says so'. The Prophet, an actual man, giving the orders is a lot harder to wiggle free from.
    Last edited by Republic_Of_Public; 09-11-10 at 06:40 PM.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You've made several claims here which are unsupported by any evidence. They're just your opinion.

    If the "vast majority" of Muslims are against terrorism, and that would be hundreds of millions, where are they? How do you manage to keep hundreds of millions of them silent?

    Have you seen or heard millions of Muslims condemning the 9/11 victory mosque so as not to offend the "vast majority" of the American people?

    I haven't even heard one.
    Since you choose to be obtuse, I will only say this once:

    Someone's silence on a subject is not the equivalent of them advocating that subject.

    This is your argument:
    You have been silent on the numerous civilian deaths caused by drone targets in Pakistan. You support the killing of civilians!

    Come back when you can construct in argument that is not engaged in fallacious reasoning and is not inherently flawed.

  7. #107
    User opinion8tdwench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    09-18-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    100

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Just because I feel I have to say it. Religious dogma is far and away the worst infection ever to plague the human race. It spreads and grows like a cancer, eating away at people's brains and turning them into mindless soulless creatures who have no thought except to do as the cancer tells them. As soon as you let a dogma begin to control you life, you cease to be what you should be. This goes for christian dogma, muslim dogma, judaic dogma..and every other damn dogma out there. Reading these arguments and seeing people turn against people all in the name of, or to speak out against some god or another, truly makes me ill in my heart.

    Hopping down off soap box. Have a nice day.
    If you can't bite, don't growl.

  8. #108
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    No no no no NO!

    As I said above, it's the RELIGION and it's FIRED-UP MANIACS I'm after. Good, peaceful people are OUT of line of my torpedo tubes!
    Yes. "The religion." That's the problem. You've bought into all the bull**** about how Islam requires its followers to do all sorts of terrible things. Christianity has some pretty bizzare things in it too. The Old Testament is even worse, is Judaism a hateful religion? Why, their books says you have to stone people to death for all sorts of things, and it specifies the penalty for rape is to marry the woman you raped! THOSE DANG JEWS!

    All religions say some crazy ****, because these books were written centuries ago when we were still basically neanderthals. 99.9% of the people in any religion are just as peaceful and levelheaded as you or I. The only difference is, you are against THE RELIGION of Islam but for some reason not Judaism or Christianity.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    Did JESUS order their murder?

    NO?
    They say he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    Did Muhammad order the killing of Jews for example?

    YEP!
    Evidence for this? And not some out of context quotation. I want to see legit evidence that Muhammad instructed every Muslim to kill Jews.

  10. #110
    User damianvincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Last Seen
    09-23-10 @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    93

    Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You know what? Forget it. You, and people like you, are the reason we lost the War on Terror on September 11th, 2001. You surrendered to fear and hatred, blaming more than a billion people for the actions of a few. You've never done that with any other group. I hope your happy about continuing the cycle of violence and hate.
    Facts are the facts, the Muslim community needs to stand up to this barbarity, I do not see it, in fact they celebrate it. We've given them the opportunity to shed the chains of the dictators in their region, and hopfully they choose a path of economic moderization, which hopfully will lead to political moderation, as the needs of career and family take over the will for jihad.

    However Islam stands a good chance of ruining those prospects. The Taliban, Al Qeada, groups that threaten to take control with the peoples support.

    It's hard not to see Islam as the problem.
    The Obama Deficit

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •