Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #831
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And your example fails, because if those 7 are eating at a chineese restraunt but hate chineese food that doesn't make them right. Again, just because you have a mjaority, doesn't make you right.

    The majority voted for Obama, so I guess according to your logic, they were right.
    What kind of unit were you in? Weren't you a cook or some ****?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #832
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What kind of unit were you in? Weren't you a cook or some ****?
    No, I wasn't a cook. I was an 11B for 6 years until I reclassified to a 98C until I retired.

    None of which has anything to do with the fact that you are somehow claiming that just because the majority think something they are right.

  3. #833
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course you do. I don't expect you to understand.
    Because it doesn't make sense. What's your argument, that some people won't like it, therefore causing problems within the unit? Well to damn bad, the people that don't like it can get over themselves, and be professionals. Otherwise they aren't fit for the Armed Services. What happens when the majority of soldiers have a problem with a muslim in their combat unit? Would you want the muslim soldier kicked out, or would you just tell the other soldiers to shut up, and act like soldiers, instead of immature children who don't have the maturity to handle matches, much less a gun?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #834
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, I wasn't a cook. I was an 11B for 6 years until I reclassified to a 98C until I retired.

    None of which has anything to do with the fact that you are somehow claiming that just because the majority think something they are right.
    In this case, the majority isn't thinking anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #835
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Because it doesn't make sense. What's your argument, that some people won't like it, therefore causing problems within the unit? Well to damn bad, the people that don't like it can get over themselves, and be professionals. Otherwise they aren't fit for the Armed Services. What happens when the majority of soldiers have a problem with a muslim in their combat unit? Would you want the muslim soldier kicked out, or would you just tell the other soldiers to shut up, and act like soldiers, instead of immature children who don't have the maturity to handle matches, much less a gun?
    Of course it doesn't make sense to you. Walk a mile in my shoes, then you can tell me it doesn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #836
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course it doesn't make sense to you. Walk a mile in my shoes, then you can tell me it doesn't make sense.
    Please, I beg you. Tell us your story.

  7. #837
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course it doesn't make sense to you. Walk a mile in my shoes, then you can tell me it doesn't make sense.
    Of course, don't address the question, just say I'm experienced so that makes me right!
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #838
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In this case, the majority isn't thinking anything.
    Well they sure don't have facts on their side, that's for sure.

  9. #839
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Please, I beg you. Tell us your story.
    I already have. Where you been?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #840
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Of course, don't address the question, just say I'm experienced so that makes me right!
    So, you inexperience trumps my experience? Or, is that the deal in this case, because you don't dig what my experience tells you?

    Let's put it another way, an MD tells you that you have a medcial problem. I--a truck driver--tells you that there's nothing wrong with you. Who are you going to believe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •