Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #821
    Stabler Genius
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,692

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I keep wanting to call him Master Chief....
    It's like we three are from different countries humoring each other's culture.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC 1992~2012

  2. #822
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    02-14-18 @ 11:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Personally, I started as a Field Wireman and today I'm a Comm Chief. Along the way I was a Radioman in Somalia & Haiti and led patrols on streets and to clear buildings in Iraq.
    You are one tough MFer. I'm glad you are on our side.

  3. #823
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    86,204

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You're the only one that understands right?

    Even though every other vet around here disagrees with you.
    Which vet diagrees with me? Redress? She was in the Navy. I'm speaking from the view point--as always--of a veteran member of an actual combat unit, not a pogues unit that never saw a single minute of trigger time.

    So, basically, two-thirds of the vets on this thread tell you one thing, but we're all wrong? Again?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #824
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,642

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which vet diagrees with me? Redress? She was in the Navy. I'm speaking from the view point--as always--of a veteran member of an actual combat unit, not a pogues unit that never saw a single minute of trigger time.

    So, basically, two-thirds of the vets on this thread tell you one thing, but we're all wrong? Again?
    I still fail to see how having homosexuals in combat units somehow hurts the unit.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #825
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    86,204

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I still fail to see how having homosexuals in combat units somehow hurts the unit.
    Of course you do. I don't expect you to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #826
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, basically, two-thirds of the vets on this thread tell you one thing, but we're all wrong? Again?
    Is the majority right simply because they are a majority?

  7. #827
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    86,204

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Is the majority right simply because they are a majority?
    When it comes to anecdotal evidence, yes.

    Example: 10 people eat ****. 7 of them say it tastes terrible. Who are you going to believe?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #828
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Is the majority right simply because they are a majority?
    that's the arguement gay supporters are now using.... "a majority of the country now thinks gay marriage is OK" etc. funny how the arguement is invalid...until your side starts using it.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #829
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When it comes to anecdotal evidence, yes.

    Example: 10 people eat ****. 7 of them say it tastes terrible. Who are you going to believe?
    And your example fails, because if those 7 are eating at a chineese restraunt but hate chineese food that doesn't make them right. Again, just because you have a mjaority, doesn't make you right.

    The majority voted for Obama, so I guess according to your logic, they were right.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 09-14-10 at 08:01 PM.

  10. #830
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    that's the arguement gay supporters are now using.... "a majority of the country now thinks gay marriage is OK" etc. funny how the arguement is invalid...until your side starts using it.
    Nope, that isn't the argument I or most have used for making gay marriage legal. Try again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •