Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #761
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,296

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    As long as straight people can't talk about their relationships either, that sounds fair.

    It should be a real moral booster.
    Who said that gays wouldn't be able to talk about their relationships?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #762
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, gee ****ing willkers!!! Sgt X can't send an invitation to his commander, to attend his wedding. That would be goddamn fraternization!

    Why not just admit that you don't have enough of a clue about how the miltiary works to actually form an opinion?
    Really are you telling officers never attend a NCOs wedding?

  3. #763
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, gee ****ing willkers!!! Sgt X can't send an invitation to his commander, to attend his wedding. That would be goddamn fraternization!

    Why not just admit that you don't have enough of a clue about how the miltiary works to actually form an opinion?
    Ummmmmmmm...... thats not fraternization dude.

    I don't see a problem with that.... Weddings are for Family and Friends.

    Ive never met a person who didn't consider his military unit part of his "family" or at least "friends".
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #764
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,296

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Really are you telling officers never attend a NCOs wedding?
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Wouldn't it be cool if you actually knew something about the military? Then, you could actually make an argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #765
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,296

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Ummmmmmmm...... thats not fraternization dude.

    I don't see a problem with that.... Weddings are for Family and Friends.

    Ive never met a person who didn't consider his military unit part of his "family" or at least "friends".
    That's right and a company commander is neither family, nor friend, to any enlisted man, in his chain of command.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #766
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Wouldn't it be cool if you actually knew something about the military? Then, you could actually make an argument.
    I mean, maybe by definition that might be the case, but that would be something someone with no ACTUAL military experience would say.

    You should know better than to think that an invitation to a wedding would be fraternization.

    Thats like saying Battalion Holiday Ball is fraternization because both enlisted and officers are drinking, bringing families, and not conducting official business.

    Not to mention: Gasp!.... Company Cookouts....or any other social event not required by duty.
    Last edited by Caine; 09-12-10 at 11:06 PM.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #767
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,296

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Really are you telling officers never attend a NCOs wedding?
    Not if those NCO's are within their direct chain of command, they don't.

    Example: You're a company commander and I'm one of your platoon sergeants. It would be out of bounds for me to send you an invite to my wedding and for you to accept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #768
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,986

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    You can't please all of the people all of the time. People will know who is gay in some instances. Are you going to require that they fake writing letters to girlfriends or wives and have pictures of them?
    I have been trying to make this point. There is an individual within the Navy who works in my BAS. He is as gay as the gayest portrayals in your favorite comedy. He has worked there for at least a year and a half. As long as he delivers the bandaids and gives us medicine for our sniffles, no Marine of any rank really cares. Apparently the Navy doesn't either. DADT is merely a formality that needs to officially die.

    What we are concerned about within the Corps is what effect open gayness will have upon our Marine forces on many levels.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  9. #769
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,296

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I mean, maybe by definition that might be the case, but that would be something someone with no ACTUAL military experience would say.

    You should know better than to think that an invitation to a wedding would be fraternization.

    Thats like saying Battalion Holiday Ball is fraternization because both enlisted and officers are drinking, bringing families, and not conducting official business.

    Not to mention: Gasp!.... Company Cookouts....or any other social event not required by duty.
    Those are unit fucntions. That's different. No one's getting married. Even at those type of fucntions, public displays of effection are encouraged to stay at a minimum. Two gay dudes can't go a couple of hours with out giving each other a lippy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #770
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Those are unit fucntions. That's different. No one's getting married. Even at those type of fucntions, public displays of effection are encouraged to stay at a minimum. Two gay dudes can't go a couple of hours with out giving each other a lippy?
    Not if a man and his wife can't.........
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •