Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #731
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What about it?
    Can he/she invite friends from the military like his/her heterosexual counterparts can?

  2. #732
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Every combat vet on this forum, since I've been here, on the five+ threads on this subject have told you folks that you're wrong. So, basically, we're wrong and your civilian self is right, because, well, you just are.
    Logic and reason are not majority-sensitive.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #733
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Some basic facts:
    Allow me to play your jeopardy.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    1) DADT is not going to last much longer. Either congress or the courts will remove it.
    True.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    2) If congress does not get rid of it, SCOTUS is almost certain to, with the 4 liberal judges joined by at least 1 of the conservatives(you know who I am talking about).
    This is a body part and has no place in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    3) The military does not get a say in whether the policy goes away or not. The military does not, and should not, make that type of decision.
    True
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    4) The vast majority of young adults in this country(you know, the ones who actually might enlist in the military) support gays serving openly.
    I don't know about that. Maybe I'm ignorant. The country is more full of youth that are tolerant of gays as a sexual legitmacy, but plenty certainly do not "support" gays in the military. I would submit that most simply don't care either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    5) The only argument against gays serving openly is that it might be a challenge for a few months adjusting.
    Not so sure about this one. This will undoubtedly create problems that go beyond a few months. Probably years. Policies are going to have to be introduced along the way as unforseen problems arise. My Father has told me stories of racial issues even within the Marine Corps circa 1972....well after equal rights marches and after a Vietnam War full of racial integration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    6) Almost no on in this thread has read the actual court ruling that this thread is about, which is just sad. Talking from ignorance is foolish.
    What court ruling? Bdump ching.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #734
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Can he/she invite friends from the military like his/her heterosexual counterparts can?
    Of course! Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #735
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course! Why not?
    DADT would get him/her kicked out right?

  6. #736
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I believe you represent well what is good with our military and why we have the best military in the world. It's because of people like you that DADT can be repealed without significant problems.
    Considering that the extreme Right seem to want to question who I am these days and question my persona, I really do appreciate this. Apparantly I'm supposed to hate all gays and Muslims. While defending Bush, these same accusers loved me.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  7. #737
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Msgt, the polling linked earlier in the thread stated that 78 % of the country feels it is time to allow gays to serve openly. Breaking the numbers in that poll down by age, the younger the respondent, the more likely to support gays serving. Over 50 years old, the number was well under the 78 % mark, under 30, well over.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #738
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    No it is not personal he is one.
    Wrong....

    Now calling someone a libbo is a personal attack like he just did.
    Wrong...
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #739
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    DADT would get him/her kicked out right?
    Not if no one could ask and no one could tell and there was no ban on gays in the military.

    Damn! Why is it so hard for some folks to just, "get it"? Someone presents an option, that can make everyone happy and that's just not good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #740
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Considering that the extreme Right seem to want to question who I am these days and question my persona, I really do appreciate this. Apparantly I'm supposed to hate all gays and Muslims. While defending Bush, these same accusers loved me.
    For me, I think all you should be is you. You may annoy the hell out of me at times, but I still respect you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •