Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #701
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well no not all of them and some are even gay
    Redress is not gay
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #702
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Redress is not gay
    Fine by moi.

  3. #703
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,013

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    While we are at war, the military is more than happy to let gays serve semi openly, as long as they don't make it into a big publicity thing or get any complaints.
    It's was not about allowing them to serve. It's was about not allowing them their easy way out. The numbers are very clear. During the 90's we could afford to let them out (whether gay or not) because we were also downsizing in Congress' infinite wisdom. Post 9-11 it was more of a burden than before. The legal military never liked DADT.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    DADT is a policy that can only truly be enforced during peacetime, and its unfortunate that it will be enforced on many of the gay service men and women who gave much in these two wars.
    I don't understand where you people are coming up with this stuff. Even the military was exhausted over DADT. The numbers were not anywhere near this high pre-DADT so what does this scream at you? I don't think most people even understand what DADT was about. It forced the military to act on gays whether they were gay or not.
    Last edited by MSgt; 09-12-10 at 09:38 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #704
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Redress is not gay
    We do have at least 2 veteran's who are gay who post on this board though. I just am not one of them. Interestingly, they both are conservatives, and both favor removing DADT. Based on their experiences they seem to feel that the military is ready for gays to serve openly. Take that for what it is worth.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #705
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,013

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The folks that have actually served in the miltiary are just a buncha homophobes and racists.
    It's a matter of generation. What were gays while you grewup? Chances are they were the same for me. But this generation is different. It's like expecting the WWII generation to understand how the Civil Rights generation saw things.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  6. #706
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well no not all of them and some are even gay
    I was talking about the folks who disagree with the Libbos, we're all racists and homophobes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #707
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,013

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We do have at least 2 veteran's who are gay who post on this board though. I just am not one of them. Interestingly, they both are conservatives, and both favor removing DADT. Based on their experiences they seem to feel that the military is ready for gays to serve openly. Take that for what it is worth.
    And an Active Duty Marine of 18+ years who grew up looking down on homosexuals that believes DADT is a dinosaur of a policy. Even the military as a whole recognizes that changes are about to occur.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  8. #708
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Some basic facts:

    1) DADT is not going to last much longer. Either congress or the courts will remove it.

    2) If congress does not get rid of it, SCOTUS is almost certain to, with the 4 liberal judges joined by at least 1 of the conservatives(you know who I am talking about).

    3) The military does not get a say in whether the policy goes away or not. The military does not, and should not, make that type of decision.

    4) The vast majority of young adults in this country(you know, the ones who actually might enlist in the military) support gays serving openly.

    5) The only argument against gays serving openly is that it might be a challenge for a few months adjusting.

    6) Almost no on in this thread has read the actual court ruling that this thread is about, which is just sad. Talking from ignorance is foolish.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #709
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    And an Active Duty Marine of 18+ years who grew up looking down on homosexuals that believes DADT is a dinosaur of a policy. Even the military as a whole recognizes that changes are about to occur.
    It's also seems pretty clear that you are personally conflicted a bit on this issue as well. That speaks volumes about the policy and how badly outdated it is.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #710
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Some basic facts:

    1) DADT is not going to last much longer. Either congress or the courts will remove it.

    2) If congress does not get rid of it, SCOTUS is almost certain to, with the 4 liberal judges joined by at least 1 of the conservatives(you know who I am talking about).

    3) The military does not get a say in whether the policy goes away or not. The military does not, and should not, make that type of decision.

    4) The vast majority of young adults in this country(you know, the ones who actually might enlist in the military) support gays serving openly.

    5) The only argument against gays serving openly is that it might be a challenge for a few months adjusting.

    6) Almost no on in this thread has read the actual court ruling that this thread is about, which is just sad. Talking from ignorance is foolish.
    1) Wrong

    2) Wrong

    3) Very Wrong

    4) Wrong

    5) Wrong

    6) So what since the 9th Circus has no authority, here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •