Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #61
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by opinion8tdwench View Post
    I gotta say..that is one great smirk on ole Bill's face. HAH
    You'd be smirking like that too if you just had a gal play a symphony on your skin flute.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Unless, the first bloke is a company commander and the bloke he's buggering is one of his soldiers. At that point, morale, good order and discipline are in great jeopardy.
    But isn't this restricted under fraternization rules? Therefore we don't need DADT to stop this situation from happening, or to keep it a punishable offense.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #63
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    But that could happen with or without DADT...
    Sodomy would still be illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #64
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Until the neighbor finds out about it and kills the married bloke, then that unit is short a soldier and their are newspaper headlines that read, "Trashy Army Soldier Killed by Neighbor, for Boinking Neighbor's Wife". How's that going to look? Or, the more likelt event, the neighbor goes to post provost marshal and says that a soldier from that post is ****ing his wife, in which case, the Army wouldn't have any choice to take action. See how that works?

    I'll give you a real life example: a soldier is having an affair with a female civilian. His wife finds out. She actually shows up, at the company area, during formation, with a gun, ready to shoot his ass. Fortunately, she was subdued before she could hurt anyone. But what if she would have gotten off a few rounds and hit people, other than her hubby? You're not looking at this with a wide angle lense.
    which is why there is a separate article covering adultery (article 134, paragraph 62). a separate issue from homosexuality




    Unless, the first bloke is a company commander and the bloke he's buggering is one of his soldiers. At that point, morale, good order and discipline are in great jeopardy.
    and it doesn't matter if the soldier he is buggering is male or female, which is why there is a separate article that covers fraternization (article 134, paragraph 60). again a separate issue from homosexuality

  5. #65
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    But isn't this restricted under fraternization rules? Therefore we don't need DADT to stop this situation from happening, or to keep it a punishable offense.
    That is correct. Do you understand why females aren't allowed to serve in combat arms units? It is to prevent fratrnization among the soldiers of that unit, which would probably cause a breakdown in discipline.

    Th only way to abolish DADT and not a have problem, would be restict gay male soldiers from serving in combat arms units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #66
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Th only way to abolish DADT and not a have problem, would be restict gay male soldiers from serving in combat arms units.
    If the assumption is that every single gay soldier is a sex crazed maniac that'll rape the other soldiers...

    Just because there are 2 gay people in a unit, does not mean they will automatically fuck...

    The rules of liking someone still apply...

  7. #67
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Let's just say you have an infantry unit, that has been in a remote outpost for a 12+ months. This article, will go a long way to prevent any kind of sexual activity between soldiers of the same sex. In that scenario, soldiers buggering each other would be detrimental to the good order of the unit.
    That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

  8. #68
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Until the neighbor finds out about it and kills the married bloke, then that unit is short a soldier and their are newspaper headlines that read, "Trashy Army Soldier Killed by Neighbor, for Boinking Neighbor's Wife". How's that going to look? Or, the more likelt event, the neighbor goes to post provost marshal and says that a soldier from that post is ****ing his wife, in which case, the Army wouldn't have any choice to take action. See how that works?

    I'll give you a real life example: a soldier is having an affair with a female civilian. His wife finds out. She actually shows up, at the company area, during formation, with a gun, ready to shoot his ass. Fortunately, she was subdued before she could hurt anyone. But what if she would have gotten off a few rounds and hit people, other than her hubby? You're not looking at this with a wide angle lense.
    Ok, I see your point.



    Unless, the first bloke is a company commander and the bloke he's buggering is one of his soldiers. At that point, morale, good order and discipline are in great jeopardy.
    I agree, and the same rules should apply if the company commander is female and the soldier male. Any offences that are committed, be it by gays or straights, the punishment should be the same, but solely being gay should not be grounds for a discharge.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  9. #69
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, what unit did you serve in?
    I served in HHB DIVRTY with the 82nd Airborne. Tropers did get blow jobs and more off duty. Are you saying they don't?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    If the assumption is that every single gay soldier is a sex crazed maniac that'll rape the other soldiers...

    Just because there are 2 gay people in a unit, does not mean they will automatically fuck...

    The rules of liking someone still apply...
    Nature iventually take it's course. Then what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •