Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #661
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    No, you've given three examples of, at best, how you have no idea what I'm actually saying.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #662
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Well, then, a repeal of DADT should represent no problem whatsoever.
    Initially it will as did all social changes. In the end, it won't.


    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    At least gay civilians have the right to defend their rights, whereas in the military they can't be open about their orientation.
    And...again you miss the point. After they are allowed to be open, it is your world that will continue to battle over it, not mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Oh, bullocks. Everybody's allowed to hate, it's a question of whether or not we're permitted to act on it.
    Well, sure on a philosophical level, but we are talking about real world activity aren't we? Any sign of hatred in the form of racism or gender is immediately dealt with. In as such, this kind of hatred is rarely seen. It's a cultural mindset that gets instilled. Civilians don't have this. Civilians take months in publicized court battles detemrining whether or not racism was even involved. In the mean time, lawyers manage to convince viewers to develop hatreds and to legitmize what they already have. Hatred on this level in the military is dealt with before the unit even knows it occurred and the punishment always serves as a reminder for others.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  3. #663
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    No, you've given three examples of, at best, how you have no idea what I'm actually saying.
    It seemed clear to me.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #664
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Actually, Military gays will then be the source of ridicule in the media, hollywood and television.
    You're right about that. Remember the comedians and Saturday Night Live skits when they decided that cussing was too harsh for recruits?

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  5. #665
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Moderator's Warning:
    Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled UnconstitutionalCan we please conduct ourselves as professionally as we expect our military to conduct themselves please? I don't want to break my mod hammer today.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #666
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    . . . and before MSgt has a chance to lie about me again:
    No lies. Your words.



    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I've also made it clear in several posts that my ire is directed at the individuals whose bigotry is so out of control that they'd have a problem serving with an openly gay colleague.
    Let's be even clearer. Your "ire" is very much directed towards those who aren't even in and is thusly wasted. I've offerred you a clearer picture inside the Active Duty (at least within the Marine Corps, which is as alpha male as you are going to get), yet you choose to be angry over the opinions of former military members who have nothing to do with nothing anymore.
    Last edited by MSgt; 09-12-10 at 05:40 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  7. #667
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    And...again you miss the point. After they are allowed to be open, it is your world that will continue to battle over it, not mine.
    Right back atcha, seeing as how you keep forgetting that there is a whole lot more discipline and significantly less freedom in the military than there is in the civilian world.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Well, sure on a philosophical level, but we are talking about real world activity aren't we? Any sign of hatred in the form of racism or gender is immediately dealt with. In as such, this kind of hatred is rarely seen. It's a cultural mindset that gets instilled. Civilians don't have this. Civilians take months in publicized court battles detemrining whether or not racism was even involved. In the mean time, lawyers manage to convince viewers to develop hatreds and to legitmize what they already have. Hatred on this level in the military is dealt with before the unit even knows it occurred and the punishment always serves as a reminder for others.
    Yeah, you get that when you have a whole other legal system and structure / discipline out the yin-yang.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #668
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    You're right about that. Remember the comedians and Saturday Night Live skits when they decided that cussing was too harsh for recruits?
    Yeah, Who made that stupid ass call anyways?

    The generation below mine, and the one below theirs are going to be ****ed.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #669
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Right back atcha, seeing as how you keep forgetting that there is a whole lot more discipline and significantly less freedom in the military than there is in the civilian world.
    Yet, you behave as if it is the military that keeps you down. We are an organization on the side. We are not the society you see every single day.


    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Yeah, you get that when you have a whole other legal system and structure / discipline out the yin-yang.
    Again....it's society that you will have to contend with. Gays in the military will have a far easier time in the end. Just like women and just like blacks. And hell, the trurth is that they will have it easier because it won't be so obvious (at least not in the Army or Corps). There is an obvious flamboyant gay in my BAS (Navy). And guess what? Nobody really cares.
    Last edited by MSgt; 09-12-10 at 05:55 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  10. #670
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yeah, Who made that stupid ass call anyways?

    The generation below mine, and the one below theirs are going to be ****ed.
    It was politically correct Clinton era nonesense, but I have no idea how "mothers of America" made it the issue they did. I think it came about over the Force Recon hazing issue that got blasted across television.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •