Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #611
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not making thisd change till 20 years or so after the rest of the country has gotten over gays is hardly ramming it down the military's throats.
    The suggestions as how to make the transition is ramming down the military's throat. It won't be received well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #612
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, then stop crying about how the military operates, if you're not man enough to get in there and help change it.
    The absolute worst place to change the military is from within, unless you are willing to spend 20 + years as an officer. Since the military works for the government, the best way to change the military is as a civilian working for the cause you care about.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #613
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Gays will be serving and going home to their same sex partners soon with out fear of reprisal. And it really is not any skin off your nose apdst.
    Just like it's no skin off your nose if they aren't allowed to serve openly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #614
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The suggestions as how to make the transition is ramming down the military's throat. It won't be received well.
    No it is not. If the military is not ready, it has only itself to blame. The time has been there, every one who has looked at the issue with any sense of realism knew it would be coming. Obama is being painfully patient with the military in giving them another year.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #615
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The absolute worst place to change the military is from within, unless you are willing to spend 20 + years as an officer. Since the military works for the government, the best way to change the military is as a civilian working for the cause you care about.
    That couldn't be farther from the truth. Have you given any consideration to tactical readiness, when demanding these changes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #616
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Um...it was, because it was simply ignored. Look at the numbers. Court martials sky rocketed due to DADT. This is actually easy stuff here.
    So the situation was better when gays weren't allowed to serve at all, because . . . nobody enforce the rule. So then what was so bad about Clinton wanting to recind it?

    Oh, that's right. The bigots.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Honesty? I'm not the one behaving like a brick wall and ignoring the points I'm making just to cling to simple slogans and an obtuse sense of how things are.
    That's exactly what you're doing, but by all means feel free to continue.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Oh....I'm supposed to take respnsibility for centuries of tradition now?
    I said, "Feel free to fail to take responsibility, or assign it where appropriate..." In other words, feel free to fail to take responsible for your part, or if you don't have a part in it fee free to fail to assign responsibility to where it is appropriate. Assigning it to society at large is not appropriate. You guys hold yourselves to a higher standard, or so you claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Here you demand we be better than civilains, but earlier you declare that we are no better. You also declare us puppets for civilian masters and then seek to fault us for not defying civilian policies. Figure it out and then hold a discussion about honesty. You are all over the place because you are emotional.
    Go right head and continue to lie and mischaracterize, because:

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    I'm being as honest as I can with you.
    Oh yes, you certainly are!
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #617
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Just like it's no skin off your nose if they aren't allowed to serve openly.
    Yeah it rpobably is no skin off my nose but for gay military service members that are willing to put life and limb on the it is some skin off their noses.

  8. #618
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That couldn't be farther from the truth. Have you given any consideration to tactical readiness, when demanding these changes?
    Yes. You do not need to be in the military to handle those concepts.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #619
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Stop crying about the lack of professionalism in the military, if you're too unprofessional to be a member of the military, yourself.
    I'm not too unprofessional to sign up, I'm just smart enough not to.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #620
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Yeah it rpobably is no skin off my nose but for gay military service members that are willing to put life and limb on the it is some skin off their noses.
    Well, hell, while we're at it, let's just ignore all regulations for evrey person that puts their life on the line for the country. We can force females to sahre showers with males, even if they don't want to. We can force married couples to allow a single soldier to live in their quarters, even if they want to. We can even stop enforcing hygene standards, because if a soldier doesn't want to take a shower, he doesn't have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •