Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #551
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,986

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Whatever. I'm angry because I expect better of you guys, not because I hate the military.
    Well of course you expect better, because we are supposed to be perfect and we are supposed to not reflect exactly what the American society delivers to recruit depots. You are angry because you lack perspective. I imagine plenty were angry when women dared to voice that they were equal. And I imagine much anger was developed when blacks dared to demand equality. But these are social struggles that we got past because we Americans have a way of declaring things quite boldly. This is no different other than the aspect of it. You can pretendthat gays are accepted inthe American society all you want, but they are not. They are viewd as second class citizens with less rights than heterosexuals. Many gravitate towards certain localesof employment to avoid harrassment and many find it easier to keep sexual orientation a secret. Once again, you seek the military to enforce what is "right" for an American society. And eventually, we will.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Can you just admit that it's a professionalism issue, without all the secondary and tertiary justifications?
    Like I stated, professionalism is following policy. And what is the ****ing policy?

    What you are suggesting is that the military should decide on its own to defy the policies set by the Clinton White House and you wish to label this activity "professionalism."

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  2. #552
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    If it isn't homophobia or prejudice and a lack of professionalism, tell me what, exactly, about gays serving openly would cause problems in the military.
    Administrative problems.....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #553
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Administrative problems.....
    Such as?

    ~10 characters~
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #554
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,986

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Perhaps. They were very enthusiastic with non-judicial, non-Article 15, off-the-books motivational in-house punishment. The big ****ing E-5 Samoan was a big problem. He used to jump us and put us in sleeper holds on the line. They gang-raped a squad mate with a broom.
    Army training, Sir. The greatest difficulties with these social leaps within the military have always been in the Army and the Marine Corps. But it has always been the Army where mass troubles with adaptation came from.
    Last edited by MSgt; 09-12-10 at 02:18 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  5. #555
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, I spent 12 years in an infantry unit. Served in Panama, Desert Storm, Korea and Kosovo. What could I possibly know about the subject...

    Every combat arms vet on this forum is telling you how you're wrong, but we just hate gays? Is that it?

    You need to enlist. Go help change the system.
    I don't recollect having given you permission to speak for me. I think you're dead wrong. I am a combat arms vet. And yes, I believe you exhibit all of the classic symptoms of homophobia.

  6. #556
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obviously, he misunderstood what I said, too.

    Let me say it again, the IDF hasn't been in a pitched battle, since the gay ban was lifted in 1993. Certainly nothing like the '67 war, The Yom Kippur War, or the War in Lebanon during the 80's.
    You didn't say pitched battle, you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    they haven't been in a prolonged fight, since they lifted the ban in 1993
    Please do not lie or move the goal posts. Please be honest enough to admit that you were wrong.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #557
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I agree that a massive war such as the 67' or the 73' wars were not seen in the area, but the first Lebanon war (that started in the early 80's) has ended 7 years after the ban was lifted, and it was the most prolonged war in Israel's history, way more than the six days of the six-day war, for example.
    Thank you.

    Now, apdst, this is where you admit you were wrong.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #558
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you think the US should allow gays to serve openly, and do you think it will effect unit cohesion and morale for us here? You are kinda a voice of experience.
    I don't see a problem with the current IDF standards, I don't think there would be one with an American military that allows gay individuals to openly serve in it.

    Also....why did I think you where much older?
    That's beyond my thinking capabilities.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #559
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I agree that a massive war such as the 67' or the 73' wars were not seen in the area, but the first Lebanon war (that started in the early 80's) has ended 7 years after the ban was lifted, and it was the most prolonged war in Israel's history, way more than the six days of the six-day war, for example.
    That gave me a good chuckle. Thank you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #560
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    So then why isn't the issue "you can be gay, but you can't do your colleagues," rather than "you can't serve and be openly gay" or "you can't serve if you're gay?"
    That is the issue....thus they are looking into the matter. We all know that gays are going to be able to openly serve in the near future. The big whigs want to be able to have a solid procedure in place for dealing with male/male female/female sexual harassment, how to handle inter-unit relationships in regards to combat units who sleep, eat, work, train, fight, and pretty much live with each other all the time. (not this individual barracks room bull**** in non-combat units where you only have to work with your co-workers). Its these types of issues that they need to work on figuring out.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •