Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #481
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Then, why are you calling the people that do have the experience that we disagree with you, because we're just a buncha homophobes?
    Because that's the opinion I've formed based on the words coming out of your mouthes and keyboards.

    Answer my question -- is the reason that unit cohesion would be impacted by gays serving openly the fact that our military isn't professional enough to set aside personal prejudice in the name of serving their country?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #482
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well you are full of it that much is for sure.
    Yeah, I spent 12 years in an infantry unit. Served in Panama, Desert Storm, Korea and Kosovo. What could I possibly know about the subject...

    Every combat arms vet on this forum is telling you how you're wrong, but we just hate gays? Is that it?

    You need to enlist. Go help change the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #483
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Are you kidding me?

    Would anybody from Israel who has served in the IDF care to weigh in and agree with apdst, that the IDF hasn't seen "real" combat since the war in 1967?
    That's not what I said. I said they haven't been in a prolonged fight, since they lifted the ban in 1993. You're more than welcome to provide some docs that prove me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #484
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Because that's the opinion I've formed based on the words coming out of your mouthes and keyboards.

    Answer my question -- is the reason that unit cohesion would be impacted by gays serving openly the fact that our military isn't professional enough to set aside personal prejudice in the name of serving their country?
    The answer to that would be, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #485
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, I spent 12 years in an infantry unit. Served in Panama, Desert Storm, Korea and Kosovo. What could I possibly know about the subject...

    Every combat arms vet on this forum is telling you how you're wrong, but we just hate gays? Is that it?

    You need to enlist. Go help change the system.
    Your anecdotal evidence vs empirical evidence hmmmmm I'll opt for the empirical evidence.

    but we just hate gays?
    I don't know about the others but you certainly have some homophobic issues.

  6. #486
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's not what I said. I said they haven't been in a prolonged fight, since they lifted the ban in 1993. You're more than welcome to provide some docs that prove me wrong.
    You don't think that their problems with Lebanon and Palestine count as prolonged fights?



    You know what, never mind, don't bother answering. I'll just wait for those who have served in the IDF to show up and give their opinion on what you've said.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Frankly unit cohesion could only be undermined by people who hate gays. Ive seen a flaming homo during basic in the bay a floor beneath us and nobody seemed to mind him much.

  8. #488
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The answer to that would be, no.
    If it isn't homophobia or prejudice and a lack of professionalism, tell me what, exactly, about gays serving openly would cause problems in the military.
    Last edited by TacticalEvilDan; 09-12-10 at 01:43 PM.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #489
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Your anecdotal evidence vs empirical evidence hmmmmm I'll opt for the empirical evidence.
    That's because you have no experience to tell you otherwise. I think you should go to the recruiter's office, in the morning and fix that.



    I don't know about the others but you certainly have some homophobic issues.
    Do you realize how insignificant you make your arguments sound, when you say things like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #490
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,013

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Okay, I've got it. You guys aren't professional enough to see past your personal prejudices with respect to homosexuality. That makes sense.

    Too bad the IDF is more professional than our own military, it would've been nice to see that kind of professionalism here at home.
    Well, it comes down to society. Homosexuality is far more accepted in other societies. Hate our military with all your might, but it merely reflects our society.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •