Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #421
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because the ban, which is part of DoD regulations, is still in place. The 9th Circus only ruled that DADT is unconstitutional, not the military's ban on gays.
    very good point. I hadn't thought of that. DADT was an ammendment to the military policy on gays serving. This ruling basically just reverses things back to the way they were before DADT and means that gays cannot serve period. This is, in fact, a defeat for gays and gay rights supporters.

  2. #422
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yet, most vets on this board, along with the JCS, say they are valid reasons. We're all wrong?!?
    you feel that a Homosexual will negatively effect a unit? If so then that's not the gay persons fault, that's just his fellow soilders intolerence's fault.

    you feel that it will harm our integrity? What, we going to get called names on the battlefield because we all homosexuals to fight?

    I just don't see a reason to be against, The only reason you'd be against is because you don't like Gay people. Of course you and the fellow vets won't admit that but it's obvious.
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  3. #423
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And you have no evidence of this.
    That's why I inserted, "IMO", which means, "in my opinion".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #424
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is incorrect. There no longer is an outright ban on gays serving, so if the ruling goes to SCOTUS and is rules unconstitutional, gays could serve openly.
    There is an outright ban on gays serving in the military. However, with DADT in place, no one can be asked if he/she is gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #425
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There is an outright ban on gays serving in the military. However, with DADT in place, no one can be asked if he/she is gay.
    And this ban is where?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #426
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's why I inserted, "IMO", which means, "in my opinion".
    And I pointed out it is an opinion based on a complete lack of facts.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #427
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    you feel that a Homosexual will negatively effect a unit? If so then that's not the gay persons fault, that's just his fellow soilders intolerence's fault.
    You don't know that it's not the gay soldier's fault. You're only making an assumption that gays are superior to straights and that all straights are homophobes. What are you going to say when a gay soldier refuses to billet with straight soldiers, because he/she fears for his/her safety? Or, because under the DoD's sexual harassment policy they have the right to, "a safe and comfortable working and living environment"? What are you going to say if the military does designate gay only billets and a gay soldiers is raped by a bunk mate? And, let's don't pretend that gay rape doesn't occur. I think alot of you are failing to see the big picture.

    Ask, Oscar, as an officer; does he really have time to deal with one his gay soldiers being raped by another gay soldier and how would that detract from the normal operations of his unit?

    you feel that it will harm our integrity? What, we going to get called names on the battlefield because we all homosexuals to fight?
    No, but a gay soldier, who has been ridiculed by his fellow squad members, might be a little slow with suppressing fire when one or more of those soldiers needs him the most, or vice versa. Can you picture, from that one scenario, how the lack of cohesion can get people killed?

    I just don't see a reason to be against, The only reason you'd be against is because you don't like Gay people. Of course you and the fellow vets won't admit that but it's obvious.
    A narrow mind usually sees things that way. Most combat vets and vets that have served in combat arms units, tell you you're wrong, but, in your mind, we're all just a buncha homophobes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #428
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And this ban is where?
    Defense Directive 1332.14 and Article 125 of the UCMJ. You should already be familiar with this information, petty officer.


    You may want to also familiarize yourself with AR 600-20, chapter 4-19 of The Army's Command Policy.
    Last edited by apdst; 09-11-10 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #429
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Defense Directive 1332.14 and Article 125 of the UCMJ. You should already be familiar with this information, petty officer.
    Defense Directive 1332.14 is DADT itself, Article 125 is sodomy, which has nothing to do with gays serving. Try again.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #430
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Defense Directive 1332.14 is DADT itself, Article 125 is sodomy, which has nothing to do with gays serving. Try again.
    LMAO!!!!! Reagan wrote the Defense Directive 1332.14, which stated that, "homosexuality is incompatable with military service". It was Defense Directive 1304.26, inacted by Clinton that put DADT in place.

    Also, the UCMJ, signed off on by Truman, in 1950, establishes the policies for disacharging gays from the military.
    Last edited by apdst; 09-11-10 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •