Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #391
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yet, most vets on this board, along with the JCS, say they are valid reasons. We're all wrong?!?
    Yep.

    It's crazy how having other people agree with you when you're wrong doesn't make you right, isn't it?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #392
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's not the type of decision historically made by the military, nor should it be.
    It very well should be. What shouldn't happen, is some PC nazi judge shouldn't be able to dictate military regulations. A court of appeals has zero jurisdiction over the US military, that is why the military has courts martials, the UCMJ and the articles of war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #393
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    75% of the country isn't in the military. This is a decision for the military to make. Only the military can make a sound decision on this issue, plus they are the ones that have to deal with the consequences of any decision on DADT. Not some radical judge in Cali, trying to score PC brownie point with her Libbo pals.
    Well, this is what you get for living in a society of law -- sometimes, somebody you never met is going to tell you what to do, and they're going to have the authority to do so.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #394
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Yep.

    It's crazy how having other people agree with you when you're wrong doesn't make you right, isn't it?
    So, if 7 out 10 mechnics say the same thing is wrong with your car, you're going to assume they wrong? How much sense does that make?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #395
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Funny how public opinion only matters when it's convenient for some people...
    yeah funny how public opinion (like the voters of CA opinion on gay marriage) only matters when it's convenient for some people.

    note, I don't give a rat's ass either way about gay marriage. I just find it ironic that some people who use "public opinion" as an arguement to end DADT are some of the same people that argue against the voter's of CA because they voted against gay marriage.

  6. #396
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah funny how public opinion (like the voters of CA opinion on gay marriage) only matters when it's convenient for some people.

    note, I don't give a rat's ass either way about gay marriage. I just find it ironic that some people who use "public opinion" as an arguement to end DADT are some of the same people that argue against the voter's of CA because they voted against gay marriage.
    Precisely, which is why I discount polls and surveys for any argument in the subjects.

    I was just pointing out the hypocracy you were

  7. #397
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Well, this is what you get for living in a society of law -- sometimes, somebody you never met is going to tell you what to do, and they're going to have the authority to do so.
    Except, this isn't one of those times.

    I think everyone should just accept that DADT is going to be around for a while. If this stunt would have worked, they would have done it a long time ago. This is nothing but a ploy to put DADT back in the headlines, since it was obviously dropped from view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #398
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It very well should be. What shouldn't happen, is some PC nazi judge shouldn't be able to dictate military regulations. A court of appeals has zero jurisdiction over the US military, that is why the military has courts martials, the UCMJ and the articles of war.
    The court of appeals has every jurisdiction over US laws, and that is what is at issue, a US law. You are entirely, 100 % factually incorrect.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #399
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It very well should be. What shouldn't happen, is some PC nazi judge shouldn't be able to dictate military regulations. A court of appeals has zero jurisdiction over the US military, that is why the military has courts martials, the UCMJ and the articles of war.
    There is not a single person within the jurisdiction of the United States who is not subject to the law, and the Constitution is pretty clear about which is the highest code of law in the land.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #400
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, if 7 out 10 mechnics say the same thing is wrong with your car, you're going to assume they wrong? How much sense does that make?
    This isn't a matter of objective fact. It's a matter of opinion.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •