Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #371
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Really? 75% of the country wants that? When most every state that has gay marriage put to a ballot has elected to ban gay marriage?

    Oh the things we do to appease 2% of the country.
    1: He was being sarcastic. or perhaps a better word would be exaggerate?.

    2: There is a difference between gay marriage and gays in the military.

    As for the OP, GOOD! I hope it goes all the way to SCOTUS and it gets knocked out for good. There is no good reason IMO to not let good people do what they feel that they can do to serve their country.
    Last edited by Kal'Stang; 09-10-10 at 11:59 PM.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #372
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Really? 75% of the country wants that? When most every state that has gay marriage put to a ballot has elected to ban gay marriage?

    Oh the things we do to appease 2% of the country.
    The link is in this thread, and the number is actually 78 %. 2 % is an obvious flat out lie.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #373
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Several reasons, actually. The reason you pointed out, along with unit cohesion, fraternization, sexual harassment. Yes, your addition to my comment is correct.
    Actually, I find no evidence that is the reason women are not in combat units. The reason I gave is the one that the military uses. You are of course welcome to prove your point.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #374
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, it's not. However, it is a part of DoD regulations, which no court in the land has jurisdiction over.
    Actually, it's a federal law, which the court definitely has jurisdiction over.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #375
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Congress has no authority over military regulations, either.
    Again, false, or else they could not have enacted DADT.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #376
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, IMO, the sexual harassment rate will sky rocket.
    And you have no evidence of this.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #377
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    WOOT Social Engineer the Armed Forces more! **** their mission, **** what's best! POLITICAL CORRECTNESS ROCK!!
    I thought you'd be happy about this.

  8. #378
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Really? 75% of the country wants that? When most every state that has gay marriage put to a ballot has elected to ban gay marriage?

    Oh the things we do to appease 2% of the country.
    Damn constitution!

    Damn bill of rights!

    Damn judicial branch!


    We should get back to the way our Christian founding fathers wanted things to be!!

    There's no checks or balances in the Bible and there's only one judge!

    Well, actually 3. If St Peter won't let you in, you can appeal to Jesus, then petition God. But He only hears cases based on old Testament law.

  9. #379
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    I can't believe I am going to post this. But after examining the issue I can't say that I support DADT anymore. I do think it's wrong to force people to keep their sexuality secret and ban their partners from military functions. DADT should be removed.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #380
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I can't believe I am going to post this. But after examining the issue I can't say that I support DADT anymore. I do think it's wrong to force people to keep their sexuality secret and ban their partners from military functions. DADT should be removed.
    Yikes some one call 911

Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •