Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #341
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    must be an Air Force thing because in the Army we believe that you earned the rank and you deserve to be called by it. I, for one, would never dream of calling a SSG, SFC, MSG, 1SG or SGM, "sarge". However, i will and have on numerous occasions called a 2LT, "dumbass"
    I never minded being called sarge by my soldiers. I didn't let officers get away with it, unless he earned the right to call me sarge, that is. I allowed a couple of my platoon leaders call me sarge; another had his **** together enough to get away with calling me by my first name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #342
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Women cannot serve in combat arms units. That is the point I'm making. IMO, there shouldn't be any co-ed units in the Army, or Marine Corps. They should be all male, or all female. BTW, what's your branch of arms?
    I am currently branched MP.

  3. #343
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by opinion8tdwench View Post
    to be fair, caine, our military is no more immune to racism than the civilian world. It does exist in the military as it does in the civilian world. I do believe that the military works very very hard, however, punish those whoare guilty of, and to do all they can to minimize it.
    Well, yeah, I guess you are right....

    My Brother worked in a support unit full of racist ass black people. So I guess there is racism in the military.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #344
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by opinion8tdwench View Post
    Ap, if you truly think that little of these soldiers, I see very little hope in you ever changing your mind. People can and do control themselves when it is necessary. Obviously, since gay men and women have been serving quietly for centuries, the problematic incidents have been pretty low. So your low opinion of our soldiers seems incorrect.
    I don't hold a low opinion of those soldiers. I'm only speaking from personal experience. I've known many 18-25 y/o's that I would have trusted my life to, but there's no way I would trust most of them with my sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #345
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Which means you were Army or Air Force. Marines and Sailors believe in promotions.
    lol....

    The Navy's ranks are so ****ed up.. I would hate to imagine actually calling a sailor by their rank.


    BTW: Too many ****ing syllables in some of these ranks to make it pracitcal to call everyone by their full rank.

    SERGEANT FIRST CLASS YES SERGEANT FIRST CLASS!!!!
    YEARRRRRP!

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #346
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I am currently branched MP.
    I see, thank you for your service.

    My best friend was an MP. He covered my ass a couple times at Ft. Polk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #347
    User opinion8tdwench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    09-18-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    100

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The military can and does infringe on soldiers's basic constitutional rights, everday. Soldiers don't have the same right to free speech that a civilian does. Soldiers's don't have the same right to associate with who they want, or the right to be a part of any club, or orginization they choose.

    The 9th Circus has no authority to dictate to the military what it's regulations can, or cannot, make illegal. nor should it. The military being regulated by the judicial branch would be the most dysfunctional way to go about raunning a standing army. It would be plmb nuts and thousands of American would suffer, because of it.
    DADT is not part of the UCMJ. This makes your argument about jurisdiction irrelevant. If the court was trying to change the UCMJ, I would have to agree with you, but we are not dealing with that.
    If you can't bite, don't growl.

  8. #348
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by opinion8tdwench View Post
    DADT is not part of the UCMJ. This makes your argument about jurisdiction irrelevant. If the court was trying to change the UCMJ, I would have to agree with you, but we are not dealing with that.
    No, it's not. However, it is a part of DoD regulations, which no court in the land has jurisdiction over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #349
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I see, thank you for your service.

    My best friend was an MP. He covered my ass a couple times at Ft. Polk.
    Well, now the courts say you can talk about such things openly! *drumbeat*

    Thank you folks, I'll be here all week.

    Anyway, I think the next year ago will be big in terms of gay rights. With a few states legalizing gay marriage and now (probably, I suppose SCOTUS might weigh in?) the military moving in this direction, more people will start to see that THE GAY AGENDA is just a fabrication of the far-right and that THE SCARY GAYS are just regular folks.

    Also: It's only a matter of time anyway.
    Last edited by Deuce; 09-10-10 at 10:46 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #350
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    lol....

    The Navy's ranks are so ****ed up.. I would hate to imagine actually calling a sailor by their rank.


    BTW: Too many ****ing syllables in some of these ranks to make it pracitcal to call everyone by their full rank.

    SERGEANT FIRST CLASS YES SERGEANT FIRST CLASS!!!!
    YEARRRRRP!

    There are abbreviations. None of which reduces the rank to a former rank. A Sergeant is a Sergeant. No matter how many stripes, soldiers are always simply "Sergeant."

    And "Sergeant First Class" may be why soldiers reduce it to "Sergeant." It is far more practical to call some one Sergeant and then Staff Sergeant and then Gunnery Sergeant (or Gunz) and then Master Sergeant (or Top) and then Master Guns.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •