Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 849

Thread: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #271
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,013

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    The military changes because a civilian judge and civilian Secretary of Defense made them.

    Oops ...
    Yet...a civilian judge can't make civilians change. This was my point. And this is why they always seek for the military to go through the change for the rest.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  2. #272
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Yet...a civilian judge can't make civilians change. This was my point. And this is why they always seek for the military to go through the change for the rest.
    For the most part, "the rest" have already gone through the change.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Again...depends on the subject.
    The subject where you said reading and educating yourself made you superior.

  4. #274
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Yet...a civilian judge can't make civilians change. This was my point. And this is why they always seek for the military to go through the change for the rest.
    Right, since open homosexuals are still not hired most places in the private sector. We need the military to show us how.

    Oh wait ...

  5. #275
    User opinion8tdwench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    09-18-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    100

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Funny enough, I'm a high-school dropout myself. Left and got my GED to get a job when I was sixteen.

    I went to the recruitment centre near my old school with my buddy, and that little detail didn't stop the recruiter from given me the whole spiel.

    Good life if you want it, I suppose, but where he'll be a retired military mechanic or some such in twenty years, I'll be a history professor. Nothing wrong with either life, but the latter is the one I want.
    you seem to have a very limited vision of what military members actually do. Why exactly are you under the impression that the only job out there for NCO's is mechanic work? There is nothing wrong with being a mechanic, but it is far from the only option available for military members. I was never anywhere near a motorpool, nor did I every touch a jet engine during my time in the military. Perhaps you could grab yourself a list of potential military jobs, and check out the wide range of careers involved before you go on about military mechanics?
    If you can't bite, don't growl.

  6. #276
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,013

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    If you want to know the true thing: I agree with you.

    I just thing MSgt is a gigantic scum-sucking windowlicker and decided to step in. I honestly think he's a great example of why civilians control the military, not vice versa.
    Aww.....your educationally absent feelings hurt about being one of those civilians I spoke of? Civilians need to feel in charge, I know. Once every four years you get to pretend you matter as politicians make decisions entirely without your input. Of course, it's only when they butt out that things get done right.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  7. #277
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Moderator's Warning:
    Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled UnconstitutionalFolks, let's spend less time talking about other posters, and more time talking about the topic.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #278
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,013

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    The subject where you said reading and educating yourself made you superior.
    Ummm yes. Depends.... on.... the.... subject.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  9. #279
    User opinion8tdwench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    09-18-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    100

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Aww.....your educationally absent feelings hurt about being one of those civilians I spoke of? Civilians need to feel in charge, I know. Once every four years you get to pretend you matter as politicians make decisions entirely without your input. Of course, it's only when they butt out that things get done right.
    *sigh* Lets be completely honest here. The military does not control the military for very good reason. Would you prefer we were Turkey, where their military controls the government? Oh yes..that would be wonderful. Generals should be listened to..their input should be heard..but to put the final decision into their hands is a recipe for potential disaster.
    If you can't bite, don't growl.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Aww.....your educationally absent feelings hurt about being one of those civilians I spoke of? Civilians need to feel in charge, I know. Once every four years you get to pretend you matter as politicians make decisions entirely without your input. Of course, it's only when they butt out that things get done right.
    It's cute that you see yourself as anything other than a pawn, really.

    You should drop the act, you're meat for the grinder, and you are controlled by civilians.

    Quote Originally Posted by opinion8tdwench View Post
    you seem to have a very limited vision of what military members actually do. Why exactly are you under the impression that the only job out there for NCO's is mechanic work? There is nothing wrong with being a mechanic, but it is far from the only option available for military members. I was never anywhere near a motorpool, nor did I every touch a jet engine during my time in the military. Perhaps you could grab yourself a list of potential military jobs, and check out the wide range of careers involved before you go on about military mechanics?
    No, I was serious about the mechanic bit. I have no idea what his specialty will be, but he can already fix cars and stuff, I'd be surprised if he did anything else.

    I should mention that I might know a teensy bit more about how the military works than you give me credit for. I looked into it quite a bit before I decided it wasn't a career I wanted to adopt.
    Last edited by Patria Antiqua; 09-10-10 at 06:22 PM.

Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •