Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 111

Thread: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

  1. #101
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    No I don't, I wasn't there.


    How many folks get away with horrific crimes as civillians? your attack on the military is rather shocking coming from a veteran such as yourself. an honest person would state there are sociopaths in all walks of life, the fact some got into the military is not a black eye on the military but a shocking reminder that there are nuts out there.

    what next are you going to remind us that the tea party is white?
    You don't have to have bene in VN to know about it.

    As for civilians, someone clearly recognizes a crime has been committed. In war, not so much. Easier to hide (this is a logic problem).

    You might start reading here:

    War crimes; history - Google Search

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #102
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You don't have to have bene in VN to know about it.

    As for civilians, someone clearly recognizes a crime has been committed. In war, not so much. Easier to hide (this is a logic problem).

    You might start reading here:

    War crimes; history - Google Search


    You need to show that people commit more crimes of horrific nature in uniform., than do civillians otherwise you as usual have bunk.,
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #103
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    You need to show that people commit more crimes of horrific nature in uniform., than do civillians otherwise you as usual have bunk.,
    No, I need to prove what I claim, that it is easier to do, and by virture of being eaiser, more likley that people will get away with it. This is a logic problem and not a citing problem.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #104
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I need to prove what I claim, that it is easier to do, and by virture of being eaiser, more likley that people will get away with it. This is a logic problem and not a citing problem.

    again, you haven't served in combat so I am unsure as to how you arrived at the conclusion of it "being easier".
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #105
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    again, you haven't served in combat so I am unsure as to how you arrived at the conclusion of it "being easier".
    I think. I read. I can reason.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #106
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think. I read. I can reason.

    Apparently not.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #107
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think. I read. I can reason.
    as to being easier, know this. every single freakin bullet that gets issued is accountable. you sign for it. if you are short a bullet you have to explain where the hell it went. the rules of engagement are so damn rigid that it makes it damn near impossible to actually shoot anyone. So it is not any easier to get away with killing someone without justification in today's combat than it is in civilian life.

    If I wanted to kill a random civilian for fun it would be just as easy to do it here as it would be in Afghanistan or Iraq. I won't go into the details because that might give some nutter reading this ideas.

  8. #108
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Can't let this "quip" slide...

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    unless you have a double standard, then you believe those now incarcerated, but unconvicted at camp delta - some for almost nine years, are innocent until a court determines them to be guilty
    Lets see...the detainees meals are prepared according to Islamic guidelines, along with fresh bread, vegetables and yogurt. Hell, even traditional desserts and honey also are served during the Ramadan observances. They also have access to treadmills, stationary bikes and other fitness equipment, etc, etc...lol

    We probably give them more luxuries than our own soldiers.


    it's a matter of perspective. disenfranchised muslims likely view those warriors as freedom fighters, opposed to an occupational force, much as American forefathers viewed those who fought for our nation's freedom. those American patriots also refiused to stand in straight line formations and fight conventionally - because that would have placed them at a disadvantage to prevail. what causes the muslim fighters' strategy to be any different?
    Sorry, huge difference. An honorable warrior fights other warriors. He does not deliberately target civilians for the purpose of creating terror as a means of political change. That's why we call them terrorists instead of guerilla.

  9. #109
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Can't let this "quip" slide...



    Lets see...the detainees meals are prepared according to Islamic guidelines, along with fresh bread, vegetables and yogurt. Hell, even traditional desserts and honey also are served during the Ramadan observances. They also have access to treadmills, stationary bikes and other fitness equipment, etc, etc...lol

    We probably give them more luxuries than our own soldiers.




    Sorry, huge difference. An honorable warrior fights other warriors. He does not deliberately target civilians for the purpose of creating terror as a means of political change. That's why we call them terrorists instead of guerilla.

    amen and bravo

  10. #110
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Can't let this "quip" slide...



    Lets see...the detainees meals are prepared according to Islamic guidelines, along with fresh bread, vegetables and yogurt. Hell, even traditional desserts and honey also are served during the Ramadan observances. They also have access to treadmills, stationary bikes and other fitness equipment, etc, etc...lol

    We probably give them more luxuries than our own soldiers.
    the discussion was not whether we accommodate the suspected terrorists' islamic traditions (when we were not torturing them by waterboarding and other techniques). your point was those American soldiers who stand accused of taking enemy body parts as they conduct war are not guilty until they are found so before a court. and i countered by asking whether you similarly believe that those terrorist suspects we have incarcerated at guantanamo - some for nearly nine years - are also believed by you to be innocent until proven guilty before a court

    you can evade the question; your choice ... my point was made in the asking of it

    Sorry, huge difference. An honorable warrior fights other warriors. He does not deliberately target civilians for the purpose of creating terror as a means of political change. That's why we call them terrorists instead of guerilla.
    read up. our patriotic forefathers were guilty of tarring and feathering the loyalist tories ... civilian supporters of the british rule
    at the conclusion of the war, many of those loyalists made their way to re-settle in canada, because they were unable to endure the actions inflicted on them by the prevailing American patriots. in your study, specifically examine the practice of riding people out on a rail
    we would want to think our soldiers are better than these alleged actions just as we would want to believe our forefathers were not guilty of practices against loyalists. unfortunately, the facts tells us that we do not get what we want
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •