Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 111

Thread: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

  1. #91
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,188

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so, taking body parts of fallen American soldiers is not criminal in your view

    interesting position to take
    No, it's not, "criminal". Offensive? Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #92
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,188

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Ah, no. It contains references to other items that may be included in a trial as evidence. Some of that may include hearsay, which, in some instances, is allowable as evidence in a civilian court proceeding and, I assume, in a court martial proceeding as well.
    I doubt that there is any prosecuter--civilian, or military--that is going to use a newspaper article as evidence of a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #93
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 04:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I doubt that there is any prosecuter--civilian, or military--that is going to use a newspaper article as evidence of a crime.
    I never said that any would.

  4. #94
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you implied that war would quell them and their actions

    This is a lie.


    then, you were put on notice that has not been the result

    More lies.



    ... to use a nearly ancient expression, you got served

    in your own little world of nonsense maybe. Shouldn't you be out crying about teabagging or something hack?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #95
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You might read the origninal comment. But it is too often a consequence of war. When we have war, we will too often see this.


    Right cause this **** never happens in "peace"


    VT
    columbine
    DC sniper.


    Nah. sociopaths are only in the military and only blossom in war.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  6. #96
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,188

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Right cause this **** never happens in "peace"


    VT
    columbine
    DC sniper.


    Nah. sociopaths are only in the military and only blossom in war.
    It's Bush's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Right cause this **** never happens in "peace"


    VT
    columbine
    DC sniper.


    Nah. sociopaths are only in the military and only blossom in war.
    Wouldn't deal in absolutes, as that's a fool's argument, but I would argue it happens more readily during war. Nor would I argue that sociopaths are only in the military (boy, do you make huge leaps), but I would argue that it allows a sociopath a place where it is easier for him or her to get away with such evil acts.

    I wonder what the next leap will be?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #98
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Wouldn't deal in absolutes, as that's a fool's argument, but I would argue it happens more readily during war. Nor would I argue that sociopaths are only in the military (boy, do you make huge leaps), but I would argue that it allows a sociopath a place where it is easier for him or her to get away with such evil acts.

    I wonder what the next leap will be?


    really it does? ever been to war? I didn't think so...



    Ok hero, list all the incidents reported over the duration of the war. We can wager how many times I can eclipse that in the same time period civilian side.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    really it does? ever been to war? I didn't think so...



    Ok hero, list all the incidents reported over the duration of the war. We can wager how many times I can eclipse that in the same time period civilian side.
    Well, you'd need a percentage as there are more people and time at peace. But, it isn't rocket science. And we do see this in war often, remember VN? Name a war where we didn't see it? And how often do you think people during war got away with such brutality?


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #100
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, you'd need a percentage as there are more people and time at peace. But, it isn't rocket science. And we do see this in war often, remember VN? Name a war where we didn't see it? And how often do you think people during war got away with such brutality?



    No I don't, I wasn't there.


    How many folks get away with horrific crimes as civillians? your attack on the military is rather shocking coming from a veteran such as yourself. an honest person would state there are sociopaths in all walks of life, the fact some got into the military is not a black eye on the military but a shocking reminder that there are nuts out there.

    what next are you going to remind us that the tea party is white?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •