Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: U.S. names Asian carp czar

  1. #21
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: U.S. names Asian carp czar

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    And a real bargain at only $500,000,000 per job!
    Nah...the workers will only get paid around 80k to 172k...the rest will go to administrative costs and overhead...

  2. #22
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: U.S. names Asian carp czar

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The only person calling him a "czar" is the guy who wrote the article. He is a project manager.
    All different staff, dates, publications...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #23
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: U.S. names Asian carp czar

    Get rid of the czar. Take the money and pay a bounty for every Asian carp caught. Put money into the pockets of fisherman while we're figuring out how to stop the invasion.
    Sometimes I think Obama hires all these worthless Czars just so he can look like he's on top of things.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #24
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. names Asian carp czar

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    All different staff, dates, publications...
    And amusingly, none of the stories actually have some one calling him a czar, they simply use the title themselves. It kinda makes sense seeing as the term czar is a media invention.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #25
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: U.S. names Asian carp czar

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And amusingly, none of the stories actually have some one calling him a czar, they simply use the title themselves. It kinda makes sense seeing as the term czar is a media invention.
    NONE of the "Czars" are called "Czars". Their title is "Assistant to the President and..."

    The use of the term Czar is consistently applied and has been since Bush has been using them. I think you are splitting Obamas hairs for him...

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. names Asian carp czar

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    NONE of the "Czars" are called "Czars". Their title is "Assistant to the President and..."

    The use of the term Czar is consistently applied and has been since Bush has been using them. I think you are splitting Obamas hairs for him...
    You would have a point, but his actual job title is chairman of the Asian Carp Regional Coordinating Committee. So based on your description of how a czar is determined, he isn't one.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: U.S. names Asian carp czar

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You would have a point, but his actual job title is chairman of the Asian Carp Regional Coordinating Committee. So based on your description of how a czar is determined, he isn't one.
    Wouldnt you say it is more what they are assigned to do than what their title is...and really...who gives an Asian Carps teeth if he is or is not appropriately called a 'czar'? Why si that such a concern? the fact is we have apparently formed a Coordinating Committee to 'study' a relatively simple problem. Someone here mentioned a bounty on the fish...thats a reasonable and effective solution. It was done with coyotes, with lake trout, and while there is no bounty people are encouraged to pull out as many stripped bass as possible and are fined for reutning them to the waters if caught...it just doesnt seem like this is a commission worthy problem.

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. names Asian carp czar

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Wouldnt you say it is more what they are assigned to do than what their title is...and really...who gives an Asian Carps teeth if he is or is not appropriately called a 'czar'? Why si that such a concern? the fact is we have apparently formed a Coordinating Committee to 'study' a relatively simple problem. Someone here mentioned a bounty on the fish...thats a reasonable and effective solution. It was done with coyotes, with lake trout, and while there is no bounty people are encouraged to pull out as many stripped bass as possible and are fined for reutning them to the waters if caught...it just doesnt seem like this is a commission worthy problem.
    I am not the one who started the thread to bitch about another czar. The issue of the carp is very important an involves a lawsuit the state of Michigan has filed against the states of Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Minnesota. It sounds silly, but there is a big issue going on. It could end up with the closure of the locks into the great lakes, which would have a huge impact on several states.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: U.S. names Asian carp czar

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    State and local issue first off. Secondly aren't there all ready agencies to deal with this problem? Why the need for another layer of "management"?
    Couldn't you have said the same thing about Homeland Security? Or didn't the FBI, DEA, ATF and countless other federal, state and city police have their antennae tuned for terrorists?
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  10. #30
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,450
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. names Asian carp czar

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Get rid of the czar. Take the money and pay a bounty for every Asian carp caught. Put money into the pockets of fisherman while we're figuring out how to stop the invasion.
    Sometimes I think Obama hires all these worthless Czars just so he can look like he's on top of things.
    Jeepers, do you not think that what you have suggested could be on the czar's list of things to accomplish? Or do you think the czar is going to buy a fishing rod and do it all himself? *facepalm*

    An expert NEEDS to organize a strategic way to deal with the asian carp issue, because the problem is not going to solve itself.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •