Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 176

Thread: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    What does, the state of Florida have to do with this?
    The church is located in Gainesville. I was responding to the claim that these people are from Georgia. Beyond that, if you see a story in the newspaper about religious whackjobs, the odds are extremely high that the people will be located in Florida. Apparently, you can't swing a cat in my state without hitting a religious loon.

    Another good example: http://blogcritics.org/culture/artic...ly-bans-satan/

    p.s. what's up, with the extraneous, commas?
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 09-08-10 at 04:11 PM.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    They could find something constructive to do with the money spent on the Korans and the energy/emotion behind the burning. I support their right to do it. But it's a very foolish and ignorant thing to do. As I've said before. I do think it's funny that in Afghanistan they had a pre-protest burning. "You burn our book and we'll burn your flag and an effigy of you." Burning honestly solves nothing and only exists to offend or make a statement of anger. At the end of the day we have burned books, burned US flags, a burned effigy of the pastor, a lot of hate, and wasted money. People do have the Constitutional right to make unwise decisions and I support their right to do so, but personally I find it moronic.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Its too bad you don't have the same feelings about the Mosque in New York
    Really. What feelings does Coronado have about the mosque that are applicable here?

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    They could find something constructive to do with the money spent on the Korans and the energy/emotion behind the burning. I support their right to do it. But it's a very foolish and ignorant thing to do. As I've said before. I do think it's funny that in Afghanistan they had a pre-protest burning. "You burn our book and we'll burn your flag and an effigy of you." Burning honestly solves nothing and only exists to offend or make a statement of anger. At the end of the day we have burned books, burned US flags, a burned effigy of the pastor, a lot of hate, and wasted money. People do have the Constitutional right to make unwise decisions and I support their right to do so, but personally I find it moronic.
    If you wanted to have a positive impact on Islamics, what would you do with the money that is being spent on this protest, Digs?

  5. #65
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Read any thread relating to muslims on this forum. You'll see it.
    Well thats all fine and dandy there boone but when the ****ing chips are down and the continued existance of your way of life is at stake, there can only be two sides.


    If WE (this country, christians, westerners, WTF ever you want to be called) don't realize that when the chips are down, there won't be a Muslim that falters on that question, then we will not posess the moral clarity to do what has to be done when the time comes and the west will fizzle out like a bunch of whiney little bitches into the history books. (or maybe not even allowed into history books)

    I find it absolutely amazing that as a society we are not willing to defend our way of life and as such we have no business deserving it.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    the ****ing chips are down and the continued existance of your way of life is at stake, there can only be two sides.
    .
    Is our continued existence at stake???!!!!??eleven!!!?????

    I better stock up on firearms. It's Red Dawn all over again.



    Only this time, the bad guys will be wearing checkered scarves and desert robes!!

    WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 09-08-10 at 04:20 PM.

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    If you wanted to have a positive impact on Islamics, what would you do with the money that is being spent on this protest, Digs?
    I would probably donate it to a charity that functions in Islamic nations. The money could be spent in many other useful places.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I would probably donate it to a charity that functions in Islamic nations. The money could be spent in many other useful places.
    So, in other words, Matthew 25? Well done, you.

  9. #69
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Is our continued existence at stake???!!!!??eleven!!!?????

    I better stock up on firearms. It's Red Dawn all over again.



    Only this time, the bad guys will be wearing checkered scarves and desert robes!!

    WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!
    Do you think Islam is incompatible with Western values?

  10. #70
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    If you wanted to have a positive impact on Islamics, what would you do with the money that is being spent on this protest, Digs?
    Propaganda campaign. I'd go for huge humanitrian efforts including things like medical care and schools for their kids. You fight propaganda with propaganda. Afterall, you catch more flies with honey.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •