Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 176

Thread: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

  1. #101
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Do those assholes have a right to burn a Koran or a pile of Koran's under the 1st Amendment?

    Yes or no?
    Arg- crappy day to have brainfreeze!
    There was a situation (vague memory of details, here) - in which the SCOTUS decided that something is only evident of 'clear and present danger' if it directly leads to violence or harm
    I think it started when a anti-semite was in a Jewish neighborhood trumpeting that the Nazis were right to exterminate the Jews.

    But the court determined that all he did was give his *opinion* - he wasn't actually telling people to *kill them* so he wasn't actually inciting violence against them - since no one was hurt because of his words - he had the right to this free speech.

    I'm so scratchy on the details - I'll have to look it up.

    (I know that there are several cases on this issue in various natures - Nazi, etc - but I'm looking for a certain one - no luck yet in finding it)
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #102
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Do those assholes have a right to burn a Koran or a pile of Koran's under the 1st Amendment?

    Yes or no?
    Oh, I guess I'm not allowed to be sickened by their hatred for our troops because it's THEIR RIGHT.

    Kinda like you aren't allowed to be somehow bothered by a mosque inside of some indeterminate distance from ground zero!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    What the **** does that have to do with anything, champ?
    Well, lets see.

    There is an Imam who wants to build a mosque at ground zero.
    The Imam has a constitutional right to build it, but it's a
    Bad idea according to most Americans

    There is a Pastor who wants to burn Korans.
    He has a constitutional right to do so, but it's a
    Bad idea according to most Americans
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #104
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Isn't this just this little guy's 15 minutes of fame?




    ALeqM5hSAbPmbQYPpYSVIBBMNsUpASJ-_g.jpg


    Now, before you google it up, guess his age. I bet you won't come close, I know I didn't.

    [HTML]http://abcnews.go.com/US/terry-jones-pastor-burn-koran-day/story?id=11575665[/HTML]

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Well, lets see.

    There is an Imam who wants to build a mosque at ground zero.
    The Imam has a constitutional right to build it, but it's a
    Bad idea according to most Americans

    There is a Pastor who wants to burn Korans.
    He has a constitutional right to do so, but it's a
    Bad idea according to most Americans

    And that is about all these two things have in common

  6. #106
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh, I guess I'm not allowed to be sickened by their hatred for our troops because it's THEIR RIGHT.

    Kinda like you aren't allowed to be somehow bothered by a mosque inside of some indeterminate distance from ground zero!

    You and I know this will adversely affect, the mission overseas in many angles. All, the bull**** talk to the "moderate" Afghani about how we are the good guys and their neighbors living down the street from them who ARE raving suicide bombers are somehow "bad" is shot to ****

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Do those assholes have a right to burn a Koran or a pile of Koran's under the 1st Amendment?

    Yes or no?
    Absolutely yes they have the right, just like it is our first amendment right to call these people assholes and not Christians for their behavior.

  8. #108
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Isn't this just this little guy's 15 minutes of fame?




    ALeqM5hSAbPmbQYPpYSVIBBMNsUpASJ-_g.jpg


    Now, before you google it up, guess his age. I bet you won't come close, I know I didn't.

    [HTML]http://abcnews.go.com/US/terry-jones-pastor-burn-koran-day/story?id=11575665[/HTML]
    What does his age have to do with any of this?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #109
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    An eye for an eye leaves everybody blind.
    Perhaps the people who have drawn first blood should have thought about that, before they started all this ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #110
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Perhaps the people who have drawn first blood should have thought about that, before they started all this ****.
    The ones who drew first blood wanted this. . . and aren't the ones actually complaining.

    They can't because they're all dead.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •