Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 355

Thread: Obama will not extend Bush tax cuts to wealthy

  1. #341
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama will not extend Bush tax cuts to wealthy

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    The pollution is a GOVERNMENT problem. If pollution is that bad, then the government is not doing enough to crack down on polluters.

    And like I said, maybe it is nicer on a family farm, but I can't afford the prices. Whatever is cheapest for me is probably going to be best. But, some can afford the quality and more power to them. For most though, the extra cost just isn't worth the benefit.
    And I tell you, cheap is always better. You may find you pay more for it later on. And you might think about that latest egg problem.

    I went with the first source on my search. There are others:

    . . . conditions in factory farms are ideal for the spread of infection: “The propensity for a problem is magnified under the fecal particulate air in these industrial egg farms. What it does is it breaks down the immune system and creates openings for pathogens. If you were trying to design a pathogen-friendly system, you would go to a single species, crowd that species together, deny it fresh air, exercise, and sunshine, never give it a rest time—have it there 365 days a year, and feed it a diet that maximizes a minimal standard of performance, rather than maximizes nutrition or feed that is nutritionally superior. What I’ve just described is Egg Factory Farming 101. This is just symptomatic of the pathogen-friendly nature of industrial agriculture.”

    Egg Recall: The Truth About Industrial Farming - The Daily Beast

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #342
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Obama will not extend Bush tax cuts to wealthy

    The egg problem isn't even that bad. Just cook your eggs a little more and you have no problem at all. In fact, I'm eating eggs that I'm suspecting may be tainted. However, I've just been scrambling them, and no problems.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  3. #343
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Obama will not extend Bush tax cuts to wealthy

    This is proof Obama plays to the weak minded who like him don't understand how our economy works and who it is that spend the most which creates a need to make more of what ever it is they buy. Further more they create most of the jobs and start most new businesses.

    In other words he is once again showing that he is a total amateur and a major dumb ass.

    See you in the poor house or the Obama gulags or re-education camps to come.

  4. #344
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama will not extend Bush tax cuts to wealthy

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    The egg problem isn't even that bad. Just cook your eggs a little more and you have no problem at all. In fact, I'm eating eggs that I'm suspecting may be tainted. However, I've just been scrambling them, and no problems.
    It's bad enough, but it is just an example of problems that can crop up.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #345
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama will not extend Bush tax cuts to wealthy

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    This is proof Obama plays to the weak minded who like him don't understand how our economy works and who it is that spend the most which creates a need to make more of what ever it is they buy. Further more they create most of the jobs and start most new businesses.

    In other words he is once again showing that he is a total amateur and a major dumb ass.

    See you in the poor house or the Obama gulags or re-education camps to come.
    When you say stuff like that.

    You simply cannot be taken seriously...

  6. #346
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama will not extend Bush tax cuts to wealthy

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    This is proof Obama plays to the weak minded who like him don't understand how our economy works and who it is that spend the most which creates a need to make more of what ever it is they buy. Further more they create most of the jobs and start most new businesses.

    In other words he is once again showing that he is a total amateur and a major dumb ass.

    See you in the poor house or the Obama gulags or re-education camps to come.
    Damn that was stupid.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #347
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama will not extend Bush tax cuts to wealthy

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Damn that was stupid.

    I'd say you libs have a major problem if statements like that can even be envisioned by the public. Whether they would happen or not, the fact that people can see an instance where this President would willingly resort to that type of society to maintain control is troubling.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #348
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Obama will not extend Bush tax cuts to wealthy

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's bad enough, but it is just an example of problems that can crop up.
    So a family farm has never produced a tainted egg before?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #349
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama will not extend Bush tax cuts to wealthy

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    So a family farm has never produced a tainted egg before?
    I would not use the word never, but far less likely due to the different conditions. The conditions at a corrporate farm make it more likely.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #350
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama will not extend Bush tax cuts to wealthy

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'd say you libs have a major problem if statements like that can even be envisioned by the public. Whether they would happen or not, the fact that people can see an instance where this President would willingly resort to that type of society to maintain control is troubling.


    j-mac
    So, if peopel are stupid, that's someone else's fault? We're not responsible for our own abilty to reason? I do wish you guys would take some personal repsonsibility sometime.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •