Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

  1. #11
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSam13 View Post
    Why do we need a Tea Party when we already have a Libertarian party?
    Actually, the Tea Party is not a political party, but a movement.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #12
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSam13 View Post
    Why do we need a Tea Party when we already have a Libertarian party?
    Because they aren't the same thing, obviously.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #13
    Educator idk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    various spots across the country
    Last Seen
    09-18-15 @ 05:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    688

    Re: MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Folks, Tea Parties across the nation have one thing in common - They are human. To err is human. To kick a scumbag out of the Tea Party is divine. And, where it comes to bigotry, there is no room in ANY organization for it.

    To the Tea Party - Thank you. You are doing the right thing in not tolerating bigotry. You just went up several more points in my book. And on the heels of kicking out the Tea Party Express, because of racism? Hell yes!! You are showing America that these Bozos don't represent you. Kudos, guys. Keep it up.

    BIGOTS

    For the record, the line through that word means NO.

    Article is here
    .
    So... are you saying the Tea Party is against bigoted homophobia? Are you saying that they embrace equality for all citizens and decry legislation that promotes discrimination based on gender or sexuality? That's fighting bigotry. Firing a former ally because they are a political liability is called image management. There's a difference... I know... It's subtle...

  4. #14
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

    Sounds like a lot of his buddies weren't happy.

    Big Sky Tea Party members resign in wake of anti-gay Facebook comments | KBZK | Bozeman, Montana - News, Weather, Sports |

    And it doesn't sound like he is going anywhere.

    AP Interview: Ousted tea party leader Ravndal seeks return - The Bozeman Daily Chronicle: News

    He sounds like the Batman. "I will be whatever the Tea Party needs me to be." (paraphrasing)

  5. #15
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Soviet Technate
    Last Seen
    10-25-10 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    359

    Re: MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

    Tru. One could look at this cynically and note that they are probably consolidating and doing it for show. The fact that they fire someone who is so vocal about it doesn't mean they disagree with his views. One should remember that a great many of the people support him and have protested his removal.

    This wouldn't be the first time that happened.
    Last edited by Technocratic; 09-10-10 at 12:20 AM.

  6. #16
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

    Quote Originally Posted by Technocratic View Post
    Tru. One could look at this cynically and note that they are probably consolidating and doing it for show. The fact that they fire someone who is so vocal about it doesn't mean they disagree with his views. One should remember that a great many of the people support him and have protested his removal.

    This wouldn't be the first time that happened.
    I disagree. The fact that the national Tea Party kicked the Tea Party Express out, because of their racist comments, speaks for itself.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-13-10 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    21

    Re: MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, the Tea Party is not a political party, but a movement.
    My problem with this is - I don't know exactly what the "Tea Party" stands for, because they don't have a coheisive platform. Some of the Tea Party candidates might be anti-big government, pro-individual liberty (which I support), but some of them might end up being Neocons who are pro-big government and want to control our lives. With the Tea Party, it's all just a gamble, since there are politicians with both agendas intermingled into the movement. I'd rather know who I'm voting for.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSam13 View Post
    My problem with this is - I don't know exactly what the "Tea Party" stands for, because they don't have a coheisive platform. Some of the Tea Party candidates might be anti-big government, pro-individual liberty (which I support), but some of them might end up being Neocons who are pro-big government and want to control our lives. With the Tea Party, it's all just a gamble, since there are politicians with both agendas intermingled into the movement. I'd rather know who I'm voting for.
    There are a few things that the tea party is about.
    The Constitution
    Limited government
    Fiscal responsibility

    Things they are not about are social issues such as abortion and gay rights.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #19
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-13-10 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    21

    Re: MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    There are a few things that the tea party is about.
    The Constitution
    Limited government
    Fiscal responsibility

    Things they are not about are social issues such as abortion and gay rights.
    In theory yeah. But that doesn't stop social conservatives (actually social authoritarians is a more accurate term) from jumping on the Tea Party bandwagon in hopes of getting into office.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Folks, Tea Parties across the nation have one thing in common - They are human. To err is human. To kick a scumbag out of the Tea Party is divine. And, where it comes to bigotry, there is no room in ANY organization for it.

    To the Tea Party - Thank you. You are doing the right thing in not tolerating bigotry. You just went up several more points in my book. And on the heels of kicking out the Tea Party Express, because of racism? Hell yes!! You are showing America that these Bozos don't represent you. Kudos, guys. Keep it up.

    BIGOTS

    For the record, the line through that word means NO.

    Article is here
    .
    I'm glad they did this, but publicly firing a handful of people and not allowing signs at rallies... is that really changing their makeup? I'm not saying it's a high percentage of anti-gay or other bigoted positions, but the percentage is still there.

    Look at all the people Beck is associated with that are very anti-gay.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-m...-army-god.html

    And you can't stand still on a moving train... If the TP takes a "no comment position" on gay rights, then that's not supporting the constitution and the 14 Amendment. The Moderate right is coming around faster than anyone, even the moderate left Catholics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •