Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: 'Tea Party' off Michigan ballot

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Michigan Democrats Told Their Fake Tea Party Is Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Good point. I have an idea for a new soft drink and thought I would name it Coca-Cola. You don't think anyone would mind do you?
    It would certainly matter to Coca-Cola, but to someone who isn't associated with that company and if the issue gets resolved immediately, its not a big deal.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Michigan Democrats Told Their Fake Tea Party Is Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    It would certainly matter to Coca-Cola, but to someone who isn't associated with that company and if the issue gets resolved immediately, its not a big deal.
    If Coca-Cola was spending our money and raising our taxes, I'm sure it would matter to a lot of people.

    Sad that you believe election fraud is no big deal.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Michigan Democrats Told Their Fake Tea Party Is Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    If Coca-Cola was spending our money and raising our taxes, I'm sure it would matter to a lot of people.

    Sad that you believe election fraud is no big deal.
    There actually was no fraud, there was an attempt at fraud, and it happens all the time. Also the Tea party doesn't spend our money or raise are taxes. What I see is an just a bad attempt by someone, I don't really care who or for what reason, to take advantage of a well known name. Its something con-artists have used since the beginning of time, so its not news to me.

    What if for example I set up an organization to collect donantions for political candidates by pretending to be Dem, Rep, or TP, and this money was going to go into my own pocket or perhaps to support another candidate/party without any knowledge or consent from that candidate/party. And then I was caught before I could even do anything?

    Is that national news?

  4. #34
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Michigan Democrats Told Their Fake Tea Party Is Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    There actually was no fraud, there was an attempt at fraud, and it happens all the time. Also the Tea party doesn't spend our money or raise are taxes. What I see is an just a bad attempt by someone, I don't really care who or for what reason, to take advantage of a well known name. Its something con-artists have used since the beginning of time, so its not news to me.
    Attempted fraud is still illegal.

    They were attempting to commit fraud on voters who elect the people that spend our money and raise our taxes.

    What if for example I set up an organization to collect donantions for political candidates by pretending to be Dem, Rep, or TP, and this money was going to go into my own pocket or perhaps to support another candidate/party without any knowledge or consent from that candidate/party. And then I was caught before I could even do anything?
    You would be guilty of attempted fraud.

    Is that national news?
    Who said it was? It was published in a newspaper in the area where it occurred.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Michigan Democrats Told Their Fake Tea Party Is Illegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Attempted fraud is still illegal.

    They were attempting to commit fraud on voters who elect the people that spend our money and raise our taxes.



    You would be guilty of attempted fraud.



    Who said it was? It was published in a newspaper in the area where it occurred.
    OK then we agree, sorry Zimmer was complaining that the New York Times hasn't run a story on it since they were biased towards democrats, I wrongly assumed you agreed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •