Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 80

Thread: Ariz. governor says she was wrong about beheadings

  1. #61
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,981

    Re: Ariz. governor says she was wrong about beheadings

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I honestly don't care what Pelosi has said or done, I wish her leathery skin would choke her to death. Jan Brewer made claims about clearly fictional beheadings to justify having passed a certain law. That is the issue at hand here. I doubt she mispoke as she has on MANY occasions made claims about illegal immigrants which have later proven to be distortions or simply untrue. With that said, the violence 'along the AZ border' is nothing more than a myth:

    Violence is not up on Arizona border despite Mexican drug war



    Again, when your argument on mulitple occasions is that a law should be made because people are bringing X,Y and Z into your side but can't seem to back that up with ANY evidence then when you make such an argument again it is clear you're not mispeaking. You're simply making more false claims.
    SB1070 was not about beheadings. It is about being illegal in Arizona/US, etc. I never said the law was made because of the violance.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  2. #62
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ariz. governor says she was wrong about beheadings

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How is she a crook?


    j-mac
    not her...pols in general. she's a moron.

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ariz. governor recants beheadings statement

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Here I'll set for you every possible scenario:

    She made the claim based on stuff somebody outside of her staff told her. Which makes her an idiot for not having any of her staff verify the claim.

    She made the claim based on what one of her staffers told her. Which makes her staff seem highly dishonest at the best and sabotaging at worst.

    She made the claim based on what the coroners in the state told her. Which is impossible seeing as how my link disproves any possibility of that having happened.

    So which one is it?
    you don't get it, very few in AZ appear to care

  4. #64
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Ariz. governor says she was wrong about beheadings

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    This is BN worthy?
    Sure, and as long as it's partisan on the liberal side....it's acceptable too. Just you try that and see if you don't get a few points.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Ariz. governor says she was wrong about beheadings

    There's no partisanship when it comes to facts, they are either right or wrong, thats why its called a fact. And fact is that there are no headless bodies being discovered out in the Arizona desert.

  6. #66
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor says she was wrong about beheadings

    Cry me a river for poor Brewer. The last I heard this thread was not about Pelosi or Obama. This article is about an opportunist politician that lied to rile up the fear mongers in AZ. Let me repeat myself, had a bigot, Russell Pearce, not sponsored the bill; had a media clown sheriff not been involved with the politiciking the bill; and had this idiot governor not been the one who presented this law, 1070 would not have been a circus.

    It was a publicity night mare. Had a sensible politican presented the facts about the Arizona Sector's lack of federal law enforcement, and had the stats of this inequity (number of arrests for human and drug smuggling) been presented in a factual basis, we would not be involved in a media circus. The focus would have been on the both the federally elected GOP and Dem's lack of responsibility of locking down our border since the beginning of time.

    Instead, we are sending sympathy cards to an idiot, and feeling bad for her mis information.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  7. #67
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Ariz. governor says she was wrong about beheadings

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    There's no partisanship when it comes to facts, they are either right or wrong, thats why its called a fact. And fact is that there are no headless bodies being discovered out in the Arizona desert.
    And the governor was wrong about which side of the border the headless corpses were found on. Which she fessed up to.

    (sure glad we finally got that one out of the way.... )



    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  8. #68
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,981

    Re: Ariz. governor says she was wrong about beheadings

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Cry me a river for poor Brewer. The last I heard this thread was not about Pelosi or Obama. This article is about an opportunist politician that lied to rile up the fear mongers in AZ. Let me repeat myself, had a bigot, Russell Pearce, not sponsored the bill; had a media clown sheriff not been involved with the politiciking the bill; and had this idiot governor not been the one who presented this law, 1070 would not have been a circus.

    It was a publicity night mare. Had a sensible politican presented the facts about the Arizona Sector's lack of federal law enforcement, and had the stats of this inequity (number of arrests for human and drug smuggling) been presented in a factual basis, we would not be involved in a media circus. The focus would have been on the both the federally elected GOP and Dem's lack of responsibility of locking down our border since the beginning of time.

    Instead, we are sending sympathy cards to an idiot, and feeling bad for her mis information.
    Nice opinion, but without any proof or an opinion I share regarding the Sheriff or Pierce. I will agree the feds and Congress have done a bad job dealing with the issue.

    By the way her "lie" did not rile me up. It is the lack of anything being done by the feds to control illegal immigration that has me very dissipointed.
    Last edited by mike2810; 09-07-10 at 10:24 PM.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ariz. governor says she was wrong about beheadings

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Cry me a river for poor Brewer.
    who's crying?

    RealClearPolitics - Election 2010 - Arizona Governor - Brewer vs. Goddard

    It was a publicity night mare.
    for some, i spose

    Arizona Immigration Law Has Broad Support Across U.S., New Polls Show | The Rundown News Blog | PBS NewsHour | PBS

    Poll: Support for Arizona Immigration Law Hits 57 Percent - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

    70% of Arizona Voters Favor New State Measure Cracking Down On Illegal Immigration - Rasmussen Reports™

    and, yes, the focus is indeed right where it belongs---on the dems' failure to lock down our border for a very long time

    seeya in november, and beyond

  10. #70
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor says she was wrong about beheadings

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    who's crying?
    The right is crying, KTAR, the conservative Radio station in Phoenix dedicated its day with talk show hosts feeling sorry for the gov, and giving her a chance to correct her lack of intelligence and lie

    and, yes, the focus is indeed right where it belongs---on the dems' failure to lock down our border for a very long time
    seeya in november, and beyond
    Wow, Prof you really believe GW, his daddy, McCain, and Kyle, all protected our border before this became a media circus? So the lack of a secured border is all Obama's fault? Wow, the right have a very short memory. I will bet you lunch that if the GOP takes back the prez and congress, they will not do a thing. Why? because they lack the balls to offend the Hispanic GOP. In ten years, we will be at war on the border, and the wing nuts will say it was Obamas fault.

    Polls are crap. Let me see the questions asked, who was asked, their political party, and they I will plan my day around what polls state.

    for some, i spose
    You are right, it was not a publicity night mare. Our border is much safer. And, let's not forget all the money AZ will make because the wing nuts sponsored the bill without presenting true facts, e.g. fbi and ice arrests, feds lack of personnel, etc. Oh, you are right AZ is now respected more because a mumbling, stumbling, lying Gov made a fool of herself and was broadcasted throughout the world giving a fine debate. I cannot wait to see the line of businesses relocate to AZ. Our leaders are fine examples of stable politicians that are looking out for my interest.
    Last edited by TBone; 09-08-10 at 10:41 AM.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •