Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

  1. #11
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    It was enough for Governor Linda Lingle, and she is a Republican.

    Also Obama's birth is documented in 2 Hawaiian Newspapers, in which the announcements were printed the very day he was born.

    Obama is a citizen. Period. Everything else is just conspiracy theories which deserve their place alongside Bigfoot, invaders from outer space, and Bush doing the World Trade Center.
    Hey don't forget the the blackman was credited with the creation of peanut butter to help with racial harmony conspiracy.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/conspi...l-harmony.html
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #12
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

    Quote Originally Posted by damianvincent View Post
    I do hope you realize that doesn't prove Obama was born in Hawaii.
    Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.


  3. #13
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Some of these old-timers sure seem to be terrified of going to Afghanistan; that psycho who shot all the people at Ft Hood was having the same issue, facing an Afghanistan deployment and desperate to get out of it.
    It's strange, he claimed he didn't have any problem going to Iraq, just didn't want to go to Afghanistan.
    At the peak of the fighting in Iraq in 2007, the casualty rate was much higher than it currently is in Afghanistan.
    I wonder what these guys are so scared of? Discomfort? Primitive conditions?
    I have no sympathy for this individual but I find it rather calous of you to not feel any empathy for those who don't want to be redeployed but go out of a sense of duty. You really need to put yourself in the shoes of these men and women that have and are being redeployed to bum **** Egypt over and over again. I'm not sure if i could keep my sanity.

  4. #14
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    It was enough for Governor Linda Lingle, and she is a Republican.

    Also Obama's birth is documented in 2 Hawaiian Newspapers, in which the announcements were printed the very day he was born.

    Obama is a citizen. Period. Everything else is just conspiracy theories which deserve their place alongside Bigfoot, invaders from outer space, and Bush doing the World Trade Center.
    You can't talk sense into these people danarhea. Even if he had witnessed the birth he would probably deny it.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    I have no sympathy for this individual but I find it rather calous of you to not feel any empathy for those who don't want to be redeployed but go out of a sense of duty. You really need to put yourself in the shoes of these men and women that have and are being redeployed to bum **** Egypt over and over again. I'm not sure if i could keep my sanity.
    The fort hood shooter was not "redeploying"; he'd never been deployed before. He was terrified of going even once.
    My son is slated to deploy to Afghanistan for the first time in the near future; I can assure you, it's something I've thought about.
    That's why I'm wondering: why is the thought of deploying to Afghanistan so much more objectionable to these old-timers than Iraq was? The casualty rate isn't worse. What's so terrible over there?
    I don't recall anyone pulling such bizarre stunts to avoid deployment to Iraq, even at the height of the fighting and no matter how many times they'd previously been deployed.
    Last edited by 1069; 09-04-10 at 11:35 PM.

  6. #16
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    The fort hood shooter was not "redeploying"; he'd never been deployed before. He was terrified of going even once.
    My son is slated to deploy to Afghanistan for the first time in the near future; I can assure you, it's something I've thought about.
    That's why I'm wondering: why is the thought of deploying to Afghanistan so much more objectionable to these old-timers than Iraq was? The casualty rate isn't worse. What's so terrible over there?
    I don't recall anyone pulling such bizarre stunts to avoid deployment to Iraq, even at the height of the fighting and no matter how many times they'd previously been deployed.
    I know of a rocker that is a right wing republican and a gung ho war monger that **** his pants and didn't bath for a couple of weeks to avoid the Vietnam draft. Any idea who that is? If I ever run into this phony piece of excrement I guarantee you I will deck his sorry ass.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    I know of a rocker that is a right wing republican and a gung ho war monger that **** his pants and didn't bath for a couple of weeks to avoid the Vietnam draft. Any idea who that is? If I ever run into this phony piece of excrement I guarantee you I will deck his sorry ass.
    I disagree with the Vietnam war, and also with drafts in general.
    It's a different story when you've voluntarily enlisted and taken advantage of training, bonuses, and other benefits. When you enlist during wartime, you will be deployed. That's pretty predictable. Don't want to deploy? Don't enlist.

    Vietnam was a whole 'nother story.
    Members of my family were actively helping guys like the one in your story avoid the draft during that era, and I'm proud of them for doing so.
    Equally proud of my grandfather, an air force colonel who died in Vietnam.

  8. #18
    Advisor Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    06-24-11 @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    571

    Re: Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

    The thing that these idiots don't realize is even if he were born overseas he would still be a Natural Born Citizen because his mother is an American citizen. I know from experience having two kids born abroad to a foreign mother. I'm American and they're Natural Born Citizens despite never stepping foot in the states.
    “The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
    -James Madison

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The thing that these idiots don't realize is even if he were born overseas he would still be a Natural Born Citizen because his mother is an American citizen. I know from experience having two kids born abroad to a foreign mother. I'm American and they're Natural Born Citizens despite never stepping foot in the states.

    Actually, at the time of Obama's birth, there was some obscure and now-defunct law which stated that if his mother was under the age of 21 at the time of his birth (which she was), then she does not, by law, automatically confer citizenship upon any children she gave birth to outside the borders of the US. That's what the birthers are clinging to. His mother's age.
    Isn't that nutty?
    Last edited by 1069; 09-05-10 at 03:32 AM.

  10. #20
    Advisor Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    06-24-11 @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    571

    Re: Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

    I didn't know that. It's still stupid. There is a laundry list of reasons why Obama sucks as did Bush and the past few administrations. Bitching about this non-issue is just another distraction.
    “The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
    -James Madison

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •