Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 214

Thread: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

  1. #71
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Yeah John. That's exactly what I said.

    And click on "My Profile" then click on "Edit Profile" and scroll down to the bottom to "political leaning" and make yourself honest.
    Go to "My Life" then click on "Get a life" then see if you can find one. Can't find that option? Pity. Most of us can. I wasn't responding to you I was responding to the story.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  2. #72
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    How do you see someone saying, "This was likely done by someone anti-Islamic" as being "bigotry"?

    I find that preposterous.

    Perhaps that's wrong, but it's the most likely occurrence.

    I mean, **** man, you don't even live here. Some of us do. Some of us know the atmosphere here and have a little more insight to the situation than you do.

    But you deign to know better than we do. It's not a guarantee, but it IS the more likely occurrence.

    It's like I said in the thread reporting this: it's most likely a bunch of dumbass punk kids who did it. But they most likely did it because they felt inspired by a very anti-Islamic environment in the area right now.

    If that's wrong, then it's wrong. But it's not bigoted. So if a swastika is painted on a synagogue, I'm supposed to first assume that it's the Jews who did it and not assume that it's someone who was anti-Jewish?
    We have no idea who started this fire, or why. Dan has taken a small fire that damaged little and compared it to the 1960's civil rights era of massive coordinated oppression by the KKK and other groups.

    I'm mocking him for his hyper-drama and his jump to conclusion. Until the perp is caught, and the motivation revealed, we ain't a clue what happened. We can speculate, but he's all ready reached a verdict and has been on this jihad against America at every incident of possible "hate" towards muslims. Evidence or facts not required. So spare me "**** man do you even live here" crap. Yeah, San Antonio Texas, and guess what? PEOPLE LIKE YOU are panicking. CALM THE **** DOWN EH?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #73
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    The ugly truth is that it has become politically correct on main street in America to be anything but a Christian. And other belief systems are being promoted by the state, in a sort of moral affirmative action movement. Make no mistake, the agenda isn't to free people from having Christianity shoved down their throat, its to get rid of it all together.
    Oh, here is the Christian victim card, again. Wah! We're only 85% of the population. Stop picking on us. Wah!

    Look, I'm a member of the Episcopal Church. You are not under attack. Trying to be nice and obey the 1st Amendment which says all Americans are free to practice the religion of their choice isn't politically correct. It's at the very core of this nation's purpose for existing.

    What's anti-American is burning down someone else's place of worship or trying to prevent it from being built.

    I can't believe that in a thread about a mosque construction site being burned, you'd come in and wah-wah for the poor Christians. It's been a long time since anyone put us before the lions. We're predominantly in control. Playing the victim card is weak and pathetic. Especially because it's not true.

  4. #74
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Oh, here is the Christian victim card, again. Wah! We're only 85% of the population. Stop picking on us. Wah!

    Look, I'm a member of the Episcopal Church. You are not under attack. Trying to be nice and obey the 1st Amendment which says all Americans are free to practice the religion of their choice isn't politically correct. It's at the very core of this nation's purpose for existing.

    What's anti-American is burning down someone else's place of worship or trying to prevent it from being built.

    I can't believe that in a thread about a mosque construction site being burned, you'd come in and wah-wah for the poor Christians. It's been a long time since anyone put us before the lions. We're predominantly in control. Playing the victim card is weak and pathetic. Especially because it's not true.
    Once you shake off your disbelief...ask yourself what seies of events in this thread would CAUSE someone to even mention Christianity. IN a thread about an apparent arson attack committed by an unknown arsonist for reasons heretofore unknown as the police investigation is ongoing, just who made what accusations. And what does it say about the kind of asshole that would do that?

    Oh...I know...I know...its FUN to put your prejudice on display...and you get to show how wonderful and progressive you are in the process...but until we KNOW something its all just bigoted speculation, now isnt it...and again...what kind of biased asshole would DO that?

    I dont think I have seen ANYONE here say 'hey...if they are of one persuasion or another, give em a fre pass...after all...like the morons that defend the Palestinian terror attacks...you have to be sympathetic to people that took the terror actions of Muslims personally". Nope...every person I have seen posting here has been pretty consistent. Do the investigation and IF it turns out to be some zealot, then nail him to the wall. Likewise if it turns out to be someone trying to divert attention or curry favor and sympathy, then nail THEIR ass to the wall. But the key...first and foremost...find out who actually did WHAT before you slam the nails into anyone.

  5. #75
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Who damaged the Equipment at teh Mosque Dan. Tell us, have they caught the folks? Found a motive?
    Didn't you know? Its the evil Christians. We don't have proof but Dan doesn't wait for trivial details like that.

    I wonder if he is going to claim like he did with me that you believe all Muslims are terrorists. He never responded when I challenged his false claims.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #76
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Go to "My Life" then click on "Get a life" then see if you can find one. Can't find that option? Pity. Most of us can. I wasn't responding to you I was responding to the story.
    LOL So you want to remain living a lie. Got it.

    Just know you aren't fooling anyone
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #77
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Once you shake off your disbelief...ask yourself what seies of events in this thread would CAUSE someone to even mention Christianity. IN a thread about an apparent arson attack committed by an unknown arsonist for reasons heretofore unknown as the police investigation is ongoing, just who made what accusations. And what does it say about the kind of asshole that would do that?

    Oh...I know...I know...its FUN to put your prejudice on display...and you get to show how wonderful and progressive you are in the process...but until we KNOW something its all just bigoted speculation, now isnt it...and again...what kind of biased asshole would DO that?

    I dont think I have seen ANYONE here say 'hey...if they are of one persuasion or another, give em a fre pass...after all...like the morons that defend the Palestinian terror attacks...you have to be sympathetic to people that took the terror actions of Muslims personally". Nope...every person I have seen posting here has been pretty consistent. Do the investigation and IF it turns out to be some zealot, then nail him to the wall. Likewise if it turns out to be someone trying to divert attention or curry favor and sympathy, then nail THEIR ass to the wall. But the key...first and foremost...find out who actually did WHAT before you slam the nails into anyone.
    This thread is ****ing stupid.

    What the hell did you think I just said?

    All I said is that in a thread about a mosque-site being vandalized, why are you wah-wahing about attacks on Christianity? If this was about the church arsons of a couple years back, sure. But it's not. It's about people coming together to say to their Muslim neighbors who have lived peacefully beside them for nealry 30 years that they are still a welcome part of the community.

    I've never f'ing said that Christians did it. I said - and I quote: It is most likely that someone who is anti-Muslim did this.

    Where the **** do you people get that I said Christian? Point me to one post where I said Christians did this? I never said it.

    You are all just making **** up so you can play the victim when the victims here are Muslims.

    Throw your pathetic pity party somewhere else.

  8. #78
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Oh, here is the Christian victim card, again. Wah! We're only 85% of the population. Stop picking on us. Wah!

    Look, I'm a member of the Episcopal Church. You are not under attack. Trying to be nice and obey the 1st Amendment which says all Americans are free to practice the religion of their choice isn't politically correct. It's at the very core of this nation's purpose for existing.

    What's anti-American is burning down someone else's place of worship or trying to prevent it from being built.

    I can't believe that in a thread about a mosque construction site being burned, you'd come in and wah-wah for the poor Christians. It's been a long time since anyone put us before the lions. We're predominantly in control. Playing the victim card is weak and pathetic. Especially because it's not true.
    Film Guy,

    Did you ever read who brought up Christians and attacked them? Try actually reading the OP. And I see you are bringing up the false argument that people are attacking freedom of religion.

    You don't even know how the fire started or who started it.


    Are you so against facts you have to fabricate your own and attack others?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #79
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    duplicate. Sorry.
    Last edited by FilmFestGuy; 09-05-10 at 03:02 PM.

  10. #80
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Film Guy,

    Did you ever read who brought up Christians and attacked them? Try actually reading the OP. And I see you are bringing up the false argument that people are attacking freedom of religion.

    You don't even know how the fire started or who started it.


    Are you so against facts you have to fabricate your own and attack others?
    So, a thread that says, "You represent Christianity well" is an attack on Christians?

    There is no emoticon for how ridiculously childish this all is.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •