Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 214

Thread: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

  1. #11
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I respectfully disagree with you. Yes, let the locals work on it, and it is my belief that they will do a good job. And so will the FBI. In fact, the FBI is working the case now, and I agree with that. That this is a crime worthy of being investigated as a hate crime is beyond any doubt. As previously reported as far back as June:







    The atmosphere was very ripe for this to happen, and the outrage against a mosque being built is very real.

    Just last week, my former boss' brother in Iran was sentenced by the Mullahs to 20 years in prison. They would have executed him had there not been a lot of pressure from the world community, including the State Department. His crime was practicing the Baha'i' religion. I don't believe in Islam, but I will be damned if I am going to act like the Mullahs do and deny ANYBODY the right to practice their religion. I will always strongly support the rights of AMERICAN Muslims to build their mosques, and to practice their religion peacefully.

    I hereby stand by what I posted in this thread.

    What you did here is beyond insulting comparing this crap to the civil rights movement.

    #1 you still have ZERO evidence this was committed by any Christian

    You did what you typically do. You jump to a conclusion with no evidence to support yourself and fall end over end in the world of political corectness and hoping someone will save you from your false comparison.

    No white horse is coming Dan. Your comparison is flat out insulting to the thousands of people who fought for equal rights for blacks and women in the 60s.

    Even if this is Arson the comparison is beyond insulting because Blacks and Women did not commit terrorist acts and religion was NEVER cited to support their justification for equal rights.
    Last edited by texmaster; 09-04-10 at 04:50 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #12
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    I don't trust anyone who doesn't understand that there is no such thing as Islam being a Religion of Peace.

    First it's Cult that teaches hate the killing of the innocent and the subjugation of women and of course anyone who will not willingly convert to being one of them.

    As a Muslim ass long as you are doing it for Allah anything goes and you will be forgiven for ANYTHING YOU DO!

    That my friends is a cult. It would be nice for all of them to have a Kool Aid Party, to that I would donate $100.

    Those who stand for nothing fall for anything!

  3. #13
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    What you did here is beyond insulting comparing this crap to the civil rights movement.

    #1 you still have ZERO evidence this was committed by any Christian

    You did what you typically do. You jump to a conclusion with no evidence to support yourself and fall end over end in the world of political corectness and hoping someone will save you from your false comparison.

    No white horse is coming Dan. Your comparison is flat out insulting to the thousands of people who fought for equal rights for blacks and women in the 60s.

    Even if this is Arson the comparison is beyond insulting because Blacks and Women did not commit terrorist acts and religion was NEVER cited to support their justification for equal rights.
    It is not insulting at all, since it is their civil rights that are now being violated. And these Muslims never committed terrorist acts either. For you to say that they do, or support terrorism, without any proof, is total justification for a thread like this.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #14
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    It is not insulting at all, since it is their civil rights that are now being violated. And these Muslims never committed terrorist acts either. For you to say that they do, or support terrorism, without any proof, is total justification for a thread like this.
    Stop lying Dan. I never EVER said these Muslims in Tennessee support terrorism. You are lying and you need to stop it.

    By type casting civil rights as any form of vandalism deludes the very essence of that fight.

    I'll say it again. You have ZERO evidence the people that did this are Christian. I see you ducked that again. What a shocker.

    Its insulting and lazy to conclude facts you don't have and to combine that with lying about my positions shows everyone how low you will go.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #15
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,986

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Who says that it is only Muslims who commit terrorism? The dark side of human nature is in all of us, and religion is no delimiter. Hatred knows no religious boundary, and neither does terrorism.

    I don't think anybody has ever said this. But what you stated is more of a bumper sticker line than a wise truth.

    After all, would it be proper to declare such things during the European time of Christian religious upheaval in the 16th century? Would it help to sooth the truth of European Chrisitian violence by pointing out that Muslims can be bad too? Hell no. We are all about pointing out the obvious of the 16th and 17th century and stating that Christianity had a fundamental problem that needed worked out. Self-flagillation is almost a career choice these days.

    Now fast forward to the last few centuries. Islamic turmoil has slaughtered and massacred their own across northern Africa into eastern Asia. Today, even their most horrific terrorist organization target and kill far more Muslims of other tribes than the westerners they profess to hate. Al-Queda's target of 3,000 Americans on our soil pales in comparison to the hundreds of thousands of fellow Muslims they have killed over the last two decades. In a century where their most profound leaders pointed towards the West as Allah's enemy, they still target their own on a grand scale. Yet, we refuse to call this what it is? Why is this? Are we so afraid to face this honestly for fear of coming off our high horses that we are willing to sooth their very obvious internal problems by making bland and boring statements that "religion is no delimiter?" We may as well drag Buddhism through the mud as well in a grand quest to pat Islam on the back. In the end, I guess the intention is to make our enemies see us for our politically correct goodness and forget their religious convictions and hug us in brotherhood.

    I just don't get it.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  6. #16
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,986

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Who is against the Mosque? Plenty of people. Does it have anything to do with hate? Sure it does, and I am going to show you. The fire is not the first time that acts of vandalism have been committed against the site of the mosque.

    Here is an article about the sign being vandalized with hate grafitti, before the fire was set. BTW, this was the second time this happened.

    Here is an act of vandalism that happed in January of this year.

    Here is a photo of a mosque in Nashville, after being vandalized. This isn't hate?


    But what could spark such events? Could it be people who carry signs that say "Mosque leaders support killing converts"? No, that's not hate either, you say? Or could it be people saying that the Muslims in Tennessee are linked to terrorists? No, you don't need to say anything here. I already know. There's no hate here. Only love. Right? And let's not forget good ole' bigot Pat Robertson, who publicly stated that Muslims could bribe city officials to allow them to build their mosque. He said all that out of love, right? And the protests? They have been more than nasty. One man at the protests stated his view very succinctly, by yelling the following at a Muslim woman:


    I know, I know. He loves her, and wants to marry her, right?

    Against this backdrop, any reasonable man or woman can deduce that the arson was, in fact, a hate crime. The FBI is not ruling it a hate crime yet, until they have identified the suspects. But the fact that they are even there points to this as one, since the FBI does not investigate ordinary cases of arson.

    You just can't say that there is no hatred in Tennessee against Muslims. Hate crimes against Muslims were already committed, even long before this arson, as demonstrated in my links above. But you know, some people will go out of their way to say otherwise. Many years ago, here in Texas, some KKK'ers weighted a black man down with chains, then threw him in a lake, where he drowned. When they were caught, they denied doing it, saying "Just like a nigger. Steal more chains than he can swim with". Poor guys, they just loved that black man so much.
    What amazes me is how people react to this. They all act as if this is unheard of in America. You, yourself, seem shocked. It would be helpful for people to step back and recognize that none of this is new. Not all Americans were onboard in regards to women's emancipation or their right to vote. Not all Americans were onboard with Civil Rights and race equality. Not all Americans were willing to look the other way in regards to the Japanese or German in their midst during World War II. Congressional hearings were publicized for celebrities and politicians in regards to their national loyalties and pssible communist ties during the Cold War. Yet, Americans percevered and moved on.

    Today's war against certain Muslims has ignited the same old American awareness of the people in their midst. You can't chalk it up to a pure hate crime, because were it not for 9/11 this wouldn't have happened. Nobody gave any Muslims a second thought in America until 9/11. Hell, Washington even refused to listen to a thing the military or the CIA had to say about anything Islamic throughout the 90s and all the way up to 9/10. In the end, they Americans will percevere, because the wonderful truth is that because of our oceans and strategic location on this earth, our immigrants tend to be of the more wealthy, educated, and talented. The radicals and extremists tend to be of the poor who can barely afford to drive across borders into Europe. This is why we haven't and will not see the problems Europe sees today. Most of the idiots that have sought to become Islamic extremists are those who have converted or immediate descendents of immigrated parents and now feel like they owe loyalty to something that has nothing to do with them. In other words, the fake Muslims (prisons are full of them) or the confused ones that have no immediate tie to the region. A wave of Italian and Irish immigrants met with friction in New York, yet they live peacefully in the U.S. today. The same is true for Germans and Japanese. Muslims will be the same, because in the end, we do not ethnically cleanse and the opposition to other people never lasts beyond the immediate national threat.

    But this does not mean that all Americans will immediately embrace the face or the religion or the culture of the obvious enemy abroad.
    Last edited by MSgt; 09-04-10 at 06:54 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Here is the part of the article that inspired me:



    God bless you, Mark. You represent Christianity well. Thank you.

    On the other hand, no Muslims showed up for this event. Right now, they are pretty frightened, and YES, there IS a parallel. I remember the 1960's, when black men and women didn't show up to register to vote, out of fear for their lives. The Civil Rights struggle did not end with the defeat of Jim Crow. It will be a never ending war against hatred, ignorance, and mobs of people who would be more comfortable brandishing pitchforks and burning witches, while at the same time praising a Jesus Christ who is thinking "WTF, I never taught that"!!

    Who says that it is only Muslims who commit terrorism? The dark side of human nature is in all of us, and religion is no delimiter. Hatred knows no religious boundary, and neither does terrorism.

    Article is here.

    Additional note: Today, the FBI officially ruled the fire as arson, basing that decision on lab reports showing that accelerants were used in setting the fire.
    Was it really 150 or will aerial estimations prove it was only 70?

  8. #18
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Like Mark I also believe in freedom of religion. Where I part ways with him is I do not believe Islam is a religion. IMO it is an evil death cult whos prophet was a murderer, rapist, thief, pedophile, and a lier.
    Last edited by SgtRock; 09-04-10 at 08:35 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  9. #19
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Was it really 150 or will aerial estimations prove it was only 70?
    FOX News may very well be hiring the same team that CBS used last week. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,952

    Re: Vigil Draws 150 in Support of Tennessee Mosque

    If I knew about this I would have attended.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •