Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67

Thread: Obama Administration Reverses Course, Forbids Sale of 850,000 Antique Rifles

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Obama Administration Reverses Course, Forbids Sale of 850,000 Antique Rifles

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Too bad you had to argue with Turtle for a couple page before finally stating your opinion.
    Come on man are you serious? I stated in the first post in this thread I wanted these weapons to come to the US, then I stated that in my opinion Obama wasn't the most anti-gun President we've had, I never said he was pro-gun or a "real gun guy." The argument was who was the worst, someone can still be bad but not the worst. Then I felt it necessary, as I do now again, to explain exactly what I thought of Obama's gun opinions, because it wasn't reaching Mr. Turtle that I wasn't arguing Obama was a "real gun guy" but that he wasn't the worst. Just because I say someone isn't the worst at something doesn't mean I think they are good at something, those are two totally different lines of thought and the two have nothing to do with each other. I mean he could be the 2nd worst, or 3rd worst, or he could just be generally bad in my opinion but not the worst.

    Do I really have to explain this?

  2. #32
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Obama Administration Reverses Course, Forbids Sale of 850,000 Antique Rifles

    Wait wait wait wait wait.
    Do mine eyes deceive me?
    Usually when Fox News is used as a source - people say "nooo! I won't believe anything from Faux News!" and completely toss aside the story for origin issues.
    Why not that reaction in this thread? Surely everyone who normally does that isn't absent for the day! Where are you people!

    I love this part:
    The White House referred questions on the issue to the Pentagon, which referred questions to the U.S. Embassy in South Korea, which deferred back to the State Department.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #33
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Obama Administration Reverses Course, Forbids Sale of 850,000 Antique Rifles

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Come on man are you serious? I stated in the first post in this thread I wanted these weapons to come to the US, then I stated that in my opinion Obama wasn't the most anti-gun President we've had, I never said he was pro-gun or a "real gun guy." The argument was who was the worst, someone can still be bad but not the worst. Then I felt it necessary, as I do now again, to explain exactly what I thought of Obama's gun opinions, because it wasn't reaching Mr. Turtle that I wasn't arguing Obama was a "real gun guy" but that he wasn't the worst. Just because I say someone isn't the worst at something doesn't mean I think they are good at something, those are two totally different lines of thought and the two have nothing to do with each other. I mean he could be the 2nd worst, or 3rd worst, or he could just be generally bad in my opinion but not the worst.

    Do I really have to explain this?

    The only thing stopping Obama from enacting the same laws he supported in Illinois is the fact he is worried about having the same political repercussion Clinton had when he signed the Brady Bill. So because of that potential political repercussion he has to either wait for the second half of his second term or use incrimination to pass something similar or more strict to what he supported in Illinois.
    Barack Obama on Gun Control
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #34
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Obama Administration Reverses Course, Forbids Sale of 850,000 Antique Rifles

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Wait wait wait wait wait.
    Do mine eyes deceive me?
    Usually when Fox News is used as a source - people say "nooo! I won't believe anything from Faux News!" and completely toss aside the story for origin issues.
    Why not that reaction in this thread? Surely everyone who normally does that isn't absent for the day! Where are you people!
    I guess when the story is about Obama doing something that every body knows that Oabama would do its kind of hard to dismiss the story as some sort of tabloid bull ****. Plus Fox News is a legitimate news source. Perhaps all the libs who hate Fox News but never watch it are not up yet.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Obama Administration Reverses Course, Forbids Sale of 850,000 Antique Rifles

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The only thing stopping Obama from enacting the same laws he supported in Illinois is the fact he is worried about having the same political repercussion Clinton had when he signed the Brady Bill. So because of that potential political repercussion he has to either wait for the second half of his second term or use incrimination to pass something similar or more strict to what he supported in Illinois.
    Barack Obama on Gun Control
    I understand your point and I'm admittedly worried about it as well, but I'm not as convinced as many others seem to be that its inevitable that some kind of wide scale gun law is going to put into affect, or at least be attempted to put into affect. Especially if the Dems lose the House and/or the off-chance they lose the senate.

  6. #36
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Obama Administration Reverses Course, Forbids Sale of 850,000 Antique Rifles

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Wait wait wait wait wait.
    Do mine eyes deceive me?
    Usually when Fox News is used as a source - people say "nooo! I won't believe anything from Faux News!" and completely toss aside the story for origin issues.
    Why not that reaction in this thread? Surely everyone who normally does that isn't absent for the day! Where are you people!

    I love this part:
    Of it came from FOX news it must be true!

    There are you happy now?

  7. #37
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Obama Administration Reverses Course, Forbids Sale of 850,000 Antique Rifles

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You have to prove your right. You can't simply make a statement and assume it to be true without evidence of some kind of evidence and data to back it up? Now if you were to decide which President has been the most anti-gun, why would you weigh statements more than action? The old saying goes actions are louder than words, if I say I'm going to kill someone its much less serious than if I actually kill someone. And not only that but Obama's statements in favor of additional gun control are almost non-existant since he's been President, and he hasn't acted upon his pro-gun control opinions. Clinton however had much stronger language and actually did something.

    Personally I don't see any reason to think Obama is more anti-gun other than your baseless speculation and desire to paint Obama as badly as possible.

    Now I am a gun owner myself, and I think these weapons from Korea should be allowed into the US. And I think Obama, while he may not be gun-friendly, has certainly not done anything against weapons yet, which is far more perferable than past Presidents.
    your right-my right is to keep and bear arms

    as to me being correct-Biden and Obama's position on guns during their political lifespans proved they were the most anti gun ticket to win a presidential election; Al Gore, while a senator, had mainly had A ratings from the NRA while Clinton-as a state poltiicians had not engaged in much, if any anti gun activities. Biden had 30 years+ as a leader of the gun hate movement while Obama had supported bans on guns while in state office and had voted for anti gun issues while in the senate

    QED



  8. #38
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Obama Administration Reverses Course, Forbids Sale of 850,000 Antique Rifles

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I understand your point and I'm admittedly worried about it as well, but I'm not as convinced as many others seem to be that its inevitable that some kind of wide scale gun law is going to put into affect, or at least be attempted to put into affect. Especially if the Dems lose the House and/or the off-chance they lose the senate.
    what is inevitable is that Obama will do what helps obama-if he thinks losing the congress will happen if he pushes for a gun ban then he won't do it though the way he is going he might well step on his johnson to enact some more leftwing nonsense as he did with that abomination called obamacare

    in 1993 we had clinton and gore elected with a pro gun Dem SOTH and yet sweeping gun bans were passed. SO in 2008, we get a virulently anti gun SOTH with two men whose previous records are militantly anti gun: it is clearly prudent to worry about those two anti gun clowns. BTW the current change in policy by Obama is clearly anti gun and the attempts of obama apologists to try to ignore the obvious reason for the change is pathetic



  9. #39
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,076

    Re: Obama Administration Reverses Course, Forbids Sale of 850,000 Antique Rifles

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    they don't-the government would collect the money

    given our huge deficits only a moron would be against selling stuff like that -a garand in excellent condition sells for about 900 dollars, in good condition about 500, A carbine in excellent condition 800 or so

    they could raise alot of money with those weapons but they aren't going to sell them to other governments since they are obsolete as military armaments. (and most other countries don't trust t heir citizens to own such things)
    Given our huge deficits?

    You do realize, if I read everything correctly, that Korea would be selling these guns to us. The US gov't might make a little off taxes and whatnot but they aren't the ones selling the guns.

    You're talking as though they are the US military's guns. They belong to Korea.

    I still think the sale should go through because these guns aren't any worse than what you can buy on the market right now, but it seems like this is mostly just whining about a non-issue.

  10. #40
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,076

    Re: Obama Administration Reverses Course, Forbids Sale of 850,000 Antique Rifles

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what is inevitable is that Obama will do what helps obama
    A politician will only do stuff that's popular and helps him get reelected??!!! The shame!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •