Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 465

Thread: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

  1. #281
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Jet said it - "Muslim Americans". Which comes first.

    Are you actually claiming that you have asked several hundred Muslims if they consider themselves Muslims or US citizens first?
    So then you hold the same to those that consider themselves Jewish Americans or Hindu Americans or any other religion Americans?

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Come on folks, isn't it obvious, all and every muslim is wonderful and peace loving. Its all OUR fault that some of them forget that at times. If we just do every single solitary thing the radical...err, I mean, peace loving but pushed to the edge by those evil westerners....muslims want then there wouldn't be any more terrorism. Why can't you all understand that its so simple!? Just stop supporting Israel, legitimize Hamas, act like the Middle East is a wonderful utopia that can never have any affect on the outside world so should be completely ignored, and be sure to flick off any allies that they dislike before you boot them over the cliff. Just follow those simple steps and us foolish westerners would stop forcing the rad-...there I go again...segment of peace loving muslims pushed to the edge and made temporarily insane by the evil and vileness of the rest and we'll all be happy and wonderful and rainbows!
    WTF? Why are you a mod?

  3. #283
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Okay you have some sort of histrionic thing going on, obviously. You're too intent on jibe and small point to point debate victories to think that I may be talking about european colonialism and probably to much of an egotistical american to admit that other nations have been fighting terror before our country was formed.
    Oh for God's sake. *shakes head* I am intent on you giving some sort of explanation to your silly hypothesis. I know you consider yourself just plain too smart for the room here, but in the end you are no different than any other liberal in your argument. You use talking points and extreme insult, and snark to make your point, and when challenged instead of actually arguing the point, you resort to insult and denigration. As if that makes you look anything but foolish.

    Well, I tried to have a conversation with you, and to no surprise you only want to talk with those that agree with you, so have fun in that echo chamber of yours.
    c-ya.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #284
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Ads wont work, the only thing that will defend yourself from being assaulted is the second amendment. Then you'll see who the true 2nd Amendment defenders are.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post

    Well, I tried to have a conversation with you, and to no surprise you only want to talk with those that agree with you, so have fun in that echo chamber of yours.
    c-ya.
    j-mac
    You know, that's exactly the conclusion I reached a few weeks back, on your front.

  6. #286
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    You know, that's exactly the conclusion I reached a few weeks back, on your front.
    Not at all Boop, and I can be persuaded on certain things. You may have a point that in some heated arguments I have said some things that are off color, and for that I apologize, however, I argue things as I see them, and rather enjoy the back and forth of a good ideological tussle.

    I am just a little surprised at you feeling this way about me, I thought we had some good conversations, and never looked down on you for holding your views, as SE102 seems to do with me. however, maybe as we go on there is hope for continued discussion. We will have to see eh? I am a conservative, I make no apologies for that as I would not expect you, or any other liberal to make apologies for what they believe, but I do expect to further discussion when I question what someone means, or ask them to explain further, and I don't expect to be attacked for it.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not at all Boop, and I can be persuaded on certain things. You may have a point that in some heated arguments I have said some things that are off color, and for that I apologize, however, I argue things as I see them, and rather enjoy the back and forth of a good ideological tussle.
    Anytime I see a post such as yours, I think we have a chance. When people can see and speak to each other as people rather than labels, then maybe we can get somewhere with polite discourse.

    Thank you.

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yes I do.

    But I fail to see what that has to do with Muslim Americans that have been unfairly judged because of those Extremists.

    Which is what the thread, the ad and the OP is about.
    Jetnboogieman, How can you tell the difference between an extremist Muslim and a non extremest Muslim?

  9. #289
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Jetnboogieman, How can you tell the difference between an extremist Muslim and a non extremest Muslim?
    How can you tell the difference between a White Athiest, a White Christain, a White muslim, an Asian Bhuddist, a Philipino Catholic, a indonesian muslim, a japanese Christain, a japanese shintoist...

  10. #290
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Jetnboogieman, How can you tell the difference between an extremist Muslim and a non extremest Muslim?
    What's your point?

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •