Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 465

Thread: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

  1. #271
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    The context is a global war on terror by many nations, I never accused the US of colonizing foreign land.
    Look, I'll spell it out for you just one more time. You said:

    The colonialism and the foreign occupations of muslim lands for the past couple centuries?
    I gave you the definition of colonialism, and asked you how we did that, instead of answering, and actually having a conversation, you decided to take it down the road of a dishonest rant, and continued attacks aimed at me. That tells me your knowledge, and argument is weak.

    But youd be ignorant to assume we have not militarily occupied countries and have not had direct military involvement in the middle east.
    I never said anything like that, straw man argument. Ofcourse our military was physically there on ME soil. Pretty hard to fight a war if we were not wouldn't you agree? The question is, did we stay? Aren't we pulling out now? Are we colonizing?

    To reduce this to the kindergarten level:
    Grow up.

    What if muslims had bases in America?
    That is the silliest thing I think I have ever read.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    I gave you the definition of colonialism, and asked you how we did that, instead of answering, and actually having a conversation, you decided to take it down the road of a dishonest rant, and continued attacks aimed at me. That tells me your knowledge, and argument is weak.
    Okay you have some sort of histrionic thing going on, obviously. You're too intent on jibe and small point to point debate victories to think that I may be talking about european colonialism and probably to much of an egotistical american to admit that other nations have been fighting terror before our country was formed.

    I never said anything like that, straw man argument
    You're inability to connect american military involvement in the middle east to the spread of terror is astonishing.

    I dont know what the hell you are.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is there a different Qu'ran followed by American Muslims as opposed to say, Somali Muslims, as opposed to Bosnian Muslims?


    j-mac
    No, but there are different interpretations of it.

  4. #274
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,746

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    I have a suggestion for their add campaign...it goes...

    "Hey ASSHOLES! Stop blowing **** up and cutting peoples heads off in the name of Allah and maybe people wont lump us in with you pricks!!!"

    Waddya think...maybe a different direction than what they were thinking?

  5. #275
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is there a different Qu'ran followed by American Muslims as opposed to say, Somali Muslims, as opposed to Bosnian Muslims?


    j-mac
    Do Catholics and Baptists and evengelicals read the same Bible? Do they practice exactly the same? Does the Klan use a different bible at their meetings? Should we say all Christians are the klan?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #276
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yeah...Catholics are going to heaven and baptists are going to hell...
    Maybe. I know some Baptists who see it the other way.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #277
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Because you are either a Muslim or a non Muslim or, as they would have it, a Muslim or an infidel. You might also, at best, be a Dhimmi.
    Right. Jetboogieman said it himself..... "Muslim Americans". Which comes first. Namely that they consider themselves Muslims before US citizens. Jet should ask several hundred or thousand Muslims if they consider themselves Muslims or US citizens first and where they get their guidance and that will be the end of the discussion.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Right. Jetboogieman said it himself..... "Muslim Americans". Which comes first. Namely that they consider themselves Muslims before US citizens. Jet should ask several hundred or thousand Muslims if they consider themselves Muslims or US citizens first and where they get their guidance and that will be the end of the discussion.
    One is a religion, the other is a nationality.

    You should ask the several million Christians in America if they consider themselves Christians or US citizens first, and where they get their guidance from.

    Hint: If they say "God and/or Jesus", that means they are traitors hell-bent on destroying the Constitution!

  9. #279
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    One is a religion, the other is a nationality.

    You should ask the several million Christians in America if they consider themselves Christians or US citizens first, and where they get their guidance from.

    Hint: If they say "God and/or Jesus", that means they are traitors hell-bent on destroying the Constitution!
    Jet said it - "Muslim Americans". Which comes first.

    Are you actually claiming that you have asked several hundred Muslims if they consider themselves Muslims or US citizens first?

  10. #280
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Jet said it - "Muslim Americans". Which comes first.

    Are you actually claiming that you have asked several hundred Muslims if they consider themselves Muslims or US citizens first?
    Does it matter? Is thinking going to be a crime now?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •