Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 465

Thread: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

  1. #221
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Right. And a Nazi could equally say that they cannot speak for other Nazis, only for themselves. But in fact if you support Nazis, Fascists, Racists, or any of these type of groups, then you'll be identified with them. Otherwise they should be denounced.
    Islam isn't comparable to Nazism; Nazism is a political ideology.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  2. #222
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Muslims have been victims of terrorism more than "Infidels" and always will be. It is Muslims who are on the frontline of Islamic extremists.

    And killing of innocents is forbidden. It is one of the few acts that Allah will not forgive a Muslim for doing.
    But who are the innocents?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #223
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,739

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You have the Stats for that claim, Danarhea, or are you talking a Musllims word for it? What are the statistics?

    And, lest you need reminding, people from all over the world were killed in that attack. Did you talk with all these families?
    I already posted my link proving my claim in post number 91 in this thread, and have alluded to it three times since then. If you are too damn lazy to click the links, then maybe you should think a little before running your mouth, and inferring that someone is either a liar, or gets his information from other than where he says he got it from.

    And no, I didn't talk to the families. I read their web site, you know, the one you were too lazy to click the link to.

    Here is the link again. Next time, read the damn link before popping off, and making yourself look silly. Reading is fundamental.

    911 Families for a Peaceful Tomorrow

    Finally, to understand the context of what I said, just so that you don't take anything out of context, read post 91 again, that is, if you even read it the first time.
    Last edited by danarhea; 09-01-10 at 12:19 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #224
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Muslims have been victims of terrorism more than "Infidels" and always will be. It is Muslims who are on the frontline of Islamic extremists.

    And killing of innocents is forbidden. It is one of the few acts that Allah will not forgive a Muslim for doing.
    Islam has done a singularly poor job of protesting Islamic terrorist acts. Isolated political or religious leaders will issue condemnations....condemnations done in English, followed by praise and exhortation in Arabic.

    A minority *as you say* may be active terrorists and insurgents, but there sure seem to be large segments of the population who will march in rallies, carry signs calling for death to America and jihad over cartoons.

    Your political correctness is overwhelming your ability to recognize, analyze and state facts. You've taken your position and are trying to make the facts fit it, rather than assembling the facts and letting them determine the conclusion.

  5. #225
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Islam has done a singularly poor job of protesting Islamic terrorist acts.
    First, the vast majority of "Islamic terrorist acts" occur in countries where Muslims are either the primary or sole victims.

    Second, this is sort of like me saying that you must be a supporter of Fascism as you, as a conservative, have not condemned it enough. It's downright silly.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  6. #226
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Right. And a Nazi could equally say that they cannot speak for other Nazis, only for themselves. But in fact if you support Nazis, Fascists, Racists, or any of these type of groups, then you'll be identified with them. Otherwise they should be denounced.


    Really, it was not even a particularly good Godwin.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #227
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    But who are the innocents?
    The people killed in the terror attacks? Why is that even worth questioning?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Islam isn't comparable to Nazism; Nazism is a political ideology.
    So is islam, of course.

    Are you joking or did you really not know that?

  9. #229
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    I know that your kind love attempting to portray it as such.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  10. #230
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So is islam, of course.

    Are you joking or did you really not know that?
    They are exactly the same except for not being alike.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •